Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:00 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0200 View Post
I think it depends on the personality of the two boys, one more submissive, while the other more dominet, unlike a boy and girl, it is not uncommon to leave two boys alone, or have sleep overs. Also each boy going through puberty is effected different. Amount of confusion, range of sexual feeling.
Okay...but one boy doesn't have to be domimant and the other submissive - just curious! There's a lot of mutuality in gay sex - it's not ALL intercourse and that's not likely the first thing curious boys would do, anyway. And I'd stress the curiousity, not necessarily any confusion. If the opportunity presents itself and they're both horny, something just might happen, not a big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 01:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Okay...but one boy doesn't have to be domimant and the other submissive - just curious! There's a lot of mutuality in gay sex - it's not ALL intercourse and that's not likely the first thing curious boys would do, anyway. And I'd stress the curiousity, not necessarily any confusion. If the opportunity presents itself and they're both horny, something just might happen, not a big deal.

IF two guys have intercourse then they are truly bisexual at that point unless one is already gay or both gay. Like girls boys experiment I did and I did as an adult but didn't have intercourse with another male.
Sometimes it's just being horny as you said and nothing else. I have a lot of gay and bi friends who are both of both sex. Since we're talking about males though I've heard talk from my gay male friends that straight males often seek out a gay male or another straight male who like to receive oral and nothing else.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:54 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
I think a teen boy with raging hormones can be pretty unselective about how he gets his orgasms. Right hand. Sheep. Another boy. Incest. Whatever. Girls are often less available. There’s such a tabu about any type of sex that isn’t vanilla heterosexual that you get people tossing out 2% numbers. It’s opportunity, not attraction. I’d wager most teen boys would pick sex with teen girls if it were available. If it’s not, whatever is available at the time does the trick.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:31 AM

6,373 posts, read 4,985,124 times
FWIW, I've always had a pretty low sex drive especially for a guy, and my only experiences (in my teenage years, and to this day) were with other males.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:37 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think a teen boy with raging hormones can be pretty unselective about how he gets his orgasms. Right hand. Sheep. Another boy. Incest. Whatever. Girls are often less available. There’s such a tabu about any type of sex that isn’t vanilla heterosexual that you get people tossing out 2% numbers. It’s opportunity, not attraction. I’d wager most teen boys would pick sex with teen girls if it were available. If it’s not, whatever is available at the time does the trick.
I recently read an article about the British boarding school system, of which many great statesmen and writers were the product, and there were all kinds of secret customs about schoolboys having sexual, and even loving, relationships. After they left school, some of these men remained lifelong friends, but they would have never thought of themselves as gay or homosexual.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:47 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I recently read an article about the British boarding school system, of which many great statesmen and writers were the product, and there were all kinds of secret customs about schoolboys having sexual, and even loving, relationships. After they left school, some of these men remained lifelong friends, but they would have never thought of themselves as gay or homosexual.
I wouldn't say that's natural or normal as a teenager, but it's probably not as abnormal as some would like it to believe. Once you're in your 20s, you're probably outright bisexual or gay.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:15 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've read loads and loads of material about Brits having very discreet taboo sexual behavior. Not only young males interaction with one another, but the whole "old man/teen boy" thing was so common it was almost...I dunno, a trope. It was a thing. Nobody talked about it (openly) but I think most people knew.

I've seen it crop up in tons of historical fiction, and I've read accounts by men who are now old, about things that happened in their youth.

I would really think that for a man to go through life, even, having a preference for other males, but marrying a woman to further the family, and having some kind of a relationship with her...maybe loving, maybe respectful, maybe not any of that...but occasionally trysting with another man or nostalgically pining for the fun of his youth... But never considering himself gay, and never even talking about it unless one day he writes a memoir, which he keeps locked in a desk somewhere... Yeah, that sounds like an incredibly middle-to-upper-class British thing to do, in my opinion.

But what do I know? Despite my blood, I've never been off "colonial" soil and the only window I've got into any of it is through books, TV, movies, and the like.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:59 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've read loads and loads of material about Brits having very discreet taboo sexual behavior. Not only young males interaction with one another, but the whole "old man/teen boy" thing was so common it was almost...I dunno, a trope. It was a thing. Nobody talked about it (openly) but I think most people knew.

I've seen it crop up in tons of historical fiction, and I've read accounts by men who are now old, about things that happened in their youth.

I would really think that for a man to go through life, even, having a preference for other males, but marrying a woman to further the family, and having some kind of a relationship with her...maybe loving, maybe respectful, maybe not any of that...but occasionally trysting with another man or nostalgically pining for the fun of his youth... But never considering himself gay, and never even talking about it unless one day he writes a memoir, which he keeps locked in a desk somewhere... Yeah, that sounds like an incredibly middle-to-upper-class British thing to do, in my opinion.

But what do I know? Despite my blood, I've never been off "colonial" soil and the only window I've got into any of it is through books, TV, movies, and the like.

I've read man/boy stuff was really common in Roman times. I'll be there next month so will ask the local Romans to verify that. LOL.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:43 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,150,657 times
Wut? Never, never entered my mind or any of my buds' either. I like girls, I always liked girls, now I like women.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:16 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Wut? Never, never entered my mind or any of my buds' either. I like girls, I always liked girls, now I like women.
Dude, you are so straight!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology