Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 09:38 AM

396 posts, read 421,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
the amount of assumptions not based on any fact in this thread is astonishing.

P.S. No one was talking about older teens dating a 20 year old. Thats a very grey area, it wasn't being addressed. We were talking about 30/40/50 year olds sleeping with younger teens, 13/14/15

I agree this topic always ends up going all over the place with the word pedo being tossed around and applied in places where it doesn't fit.

All true pedos are viewed as the sick perverts that they are. If anything I believe that a woman pedophile will go down as being worse than man because, wrong as it is.....society views women as caretakers and caregivers. When you hear about a child that was molested it's much more shocking to hear it was by a mother/stepmother/girlfriend than by a father/stepfather/boyfriend. But no way will anyone make excuses for a woman molesting a child and being a pedophile.

Teens sleeping with people in their 20s.....Romeo/Juliet.....college aged adult with a boyfriend/girlfriend still in high school... not legal which is good, but still a very grey area

People who are in their 30s, 40s and 50s going after teenagers? Not pedophiles but still sick in the head. This is someone who is mentally ill and while still not on the same level as someone who goes after small children, they can't be trusted.

I honestly hate the whole idea that once woman/man is "legal" anyone at any age can date them. Years ago my co-worker who was 37 years old had a 19 year old girlfriend. His excuse was she's legal. Legal yes, but still I judged the heck out of him. They looked like father and daughter together. It said something about his mentality that he was attracted to a teenager.

I'd honestly rather see a 23 year old guy with a 17 year old girl. Or a 21 year old with a 16 year old. While their relationship wouldn't be legal, and definitely NOT a good thing, (notice I'm not condoning it) I could tolerate the idea a little better knowing they were closer in age. In a couple of years the other person is legal and at least they are mentally a little more on the same level.

But anyway, I'm just tired of the question of female "pedos" being more acceptable and then the poster will go on to talk about teacher/high school students. By throwing the word around it takes the focus off of who really needs protection from real pedos and that is small children.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 03:33 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Um, are you trying to assert that only boys have "outie" belly buttons???

Because that's absolutely not true. And it has nothing to do with this topic.

Or are you using "outie" as slang for another body part?
You don't understand what I mean? A penis is an outie. A vagina is an ennie. Now you know.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:38 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post

I'm not reading all of this thread, but I can tell why males are viewed differently than females regarding certain sexual situations. Have you noticed that males have an outie and females do not. That's the reason.
I have been reading through here to find it but you beat me to it.

The reason is "penetration". Females don't have a "penetrating sexual appendage" as do males.

Rape is defined as forced penetration. A woman would need to "strap on" to do so.

Do females "force" males of any age to penetrate?

Maybe if wholly unattractive and wielding a weapon.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Lena Dunham is about playing doctor with a sibling...not pedophilia.
Dunham kept on sexually molesting her younger sister until she was 17 and her sister was 11.

Don't know about New York but in a number of states a 17 year old who preys upon prepubescent kids can be charged as an adult.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
As males we try to think the experience with a more mature (and often beautiful) woman would make the boy feel a man at a very young age...but it's not often the case if the experience was hurtful.

If the woman make the slightest fun of the boys' "manhood" so to speak or his awkwardness at doing the thing, it most likely will make psychological scars for life.

Yeah, two years into "raping" the kid she starts poking fun at the size of his poker

I can imagine it now... Little (now BIG) Johnny is drinking with his now 20ish friends and brags about how Mrs Goodbody was making fun of his little weenie while "raping" him throughout HS.

Psychological scars become mere flesh wounds as he is but a notch in her lipstick case.

Male puppies start humping anything at around a year old. Humans are but animals and are prone to the same. Boys are ready to reproduce as soon as puberty kicks in. Girls can as soon as they menstruate. Read about how royalty of any era promised their sons and daughters away long before puberty. They could be married at 12 though were most likely no sexually active for a few years.

Lots-o-young girls were married off to men in their 20s-40s for the purpose of joining families together and begetting an heir. Both families benefitted as the older guy was usually someone of importance and brought some financial reward to the girl's family.

Arranged marriages are still common in many parts of the world. Little girls are promised away at birth.

Oh, the humanity

Old 11-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyGoatherd View Post
Well we agree to disagree. I think that both sexes are stigmatized in different ways. Men get harsher jail sentences and women get to go down in internet history.

I was raised in a very strict evangelical church in Florida and I can't tell you how many teen girls, 16-17, dated guys in their early 20s. Now if that was a 22 year old woman dating a 17 year old? Please. People wouldn't like it. But they guys? eh as long as the girls were close to being legal and the guy was still in his early 20s it was okay.

I do agree that as the age gap widens, like that Mary Kay whatever, that men would be judged harsher. A man in his 30s with a 13 year old boy would be hung out to dry.

But when it comes to more of what they call the Romeo-Juliet situations, I don't see women having it easier. Society is more comfortable with the man being older.

And sorry but back in the day of Britney Spears shaking her ass, any dude under the age of 50 would have said she was hot. Nobody would have looked at them sideways for acknowledging this under age girl was looking good. But could a 30 or 40 year old women sit there and drool over Justin Bieber when he was underage without people thinking she was weird?
Come on now be honest. I'll at least be honest and admit I'd judge the woman harsher than the man.
Would he be a homopedophile? People who hate him would be homopedophilephobes, correct?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyGoatherd View Post
oh boy you just aren't getting what I'm saying.

How old are you? Did you ever do stupid **** in your 20s, especially early 20s?
did you ever do something in your 20s that you would have never done in your 30s or 40s?

I'm saying that I think it's possible for a man or woman in their 20s, especially early to mid 20s, to sleep with someone in their later teens and then later regret it. And never do it again.

I do NOT think that people who are in their 30s or 40s sleeping with teenagers are going to change. Sadly this is who they are and I'd never trust someone like this regardless of whether they did time or not.

And true pedos? Forget it. They never change and can never, ever be trusted.
When I was 25 I went out with many girls in their late teens. I met their parents as well. I am quite certain they knew the score. In 32 years I have never regretted it. Why would/should I? I am still friends with some of them who live in the area. Some still contact me on the interweb.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
When I was 25 I went out with many girls in their late teens. I met their parents as well. I am quite certain they knew the score. In 32 years I have never regretted it. Why would/should I? I am still friends with some of them who live in the area. Some still contact me on the interweb.

I don't think in your case you should regret it. I honestly don't see the big deal with someone in their late teens dating someone in their early 20s. 13 and 28? No of course not. But 16-17 and 23? meh. Can't get worked up over it. I'm going to use 25 as the cut off though. Because that is still college age and it just seems like a good cut off age. If you were in your later 20s I'd say that maybe you had some maturity issues going on. I would not call you a slimy pervert and I certainly wouldn't call you a pedophile!

I do believe that a lot of people who've dated underage people or had affairs with them end up regretting it if it ends up getting them arrested. I believe they can grow and move on. We do NOT need sex offender registries following them around for life because the odds are that the dude who was in his 20s dating teenagers is NOT going to be 30, 40 or 50 still looking for teens. Let's hope not.

I just hate when the topic of "pedophiles" comes up regarding women and all people seem to talk about are these cases of high school boys having sex with teachers or older women. Come on. These women are not pedos. Are they wrong? yes. Pedos no.

And if a boy feels scarred from the experience, I'll give them that. It's his feelings and nobody should deny him those. But if he is insisting he's not scarred, who is anyone to keep insisting, "Yes, yes Johnny you are scarred. You're scarred for life!" It's ridiculous.

When I was 16 I dated a guy who was 23. At least I started to but he freaked out over my age. He was the son of my mother's friend. My mom said that in 99% of cases she'd never have let a 23 year old date me at that age but this guy was an exception. I'm Facebook friends with his mom today and he's still a catch in my eyes. Had he been willing to date me, it's possible we could have gotten married. He would have saved me a lot of heartache over the years from guys my age, that's for sure. We have a lot in common and he's a fantastic person. Just kind of star crossed I guess.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:23 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Pedophilia is not a legal term. It means having a sexual attraction to a pre-pubescent child. Being sexually attracted to teens is not pedophilia, it is ephebophilia or, in the case of attraction to very young teens, hebephilia. The statutes do not use these terms at all, they just call it sexual abuse and define that term.

Just about everyone, male or female, is an ephebophile. There is no doubt that young people can be very attractive. Most people will never act on that attraction, so they don't have a problem. Pedophilia and hebephilia are much less common, and acting on that attraction carries much more severe legal penalties.
People that are sick mentally and/or evil and without sexual boundaries are attracted to children. And, I can assure you that not just about everyone is an ephebophile but if you need to tell yourself that, go for it.

Some female pedos: Women Arrested for Indecent Behavior With Kids

Old 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM

Anywhere else you are proving my point. I just clicked through 80% of that list and so far it's all teachers having sex with high school students.
Look if you want to talk about the seemingly epidemic of women teachers and male students then by all means, start a thread.

However if someone wants to talk about actual female pedophiles, as in women who molested children under the age of 12, then you are going to have to dig a bit deeper. Because while it may not be politically correct, it's true that this is an area that is dominated by men. The overwhelming majority of child molestation cases are done by the father/stepfather or boyfriend. Most of these cases are done by family members or friends of the family and majority of them are men. Yes there are women pedos. But men make up a good 90% of cases. Haven't you ever watched To Catch A Predator?
They've even addressed on that show the difference between men and women.

I feel like there are real problems in the world and real issues children face and all of these Hot For Teacher bull**** stories take the spotlight. Why? Why don't we focus on the real child abuse stories? Why don't they get headlines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology