Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:26 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,774 times

Advertisements

Because more often than not, women pedophiles (well, at least the school teachers) are pretty darn hot! And beauty just fogs the mind. Period! Check out the controversy section on Debra Lafave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 05:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,053,429 times
Pedophilia has absolutely nothing to do with having sexual contact with an adolescent. Pedophiles are adults who have a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. Being a pedophile is not illegal in and of itself--many pedophiles go through their lives suppressing their desires for sex with children.

Conversely, many people who do molest children are not pedophiles, rather their actions arise out of other psychological issues, or even out of a simple profit motive. True pedophilia is extraordinarily rare among women.

As for statutory rape laws (sexual contact with someone below the legal age of consent), female offenders do tend to receive mush more leniency in terms of legal punishment. Male offenders who have sexual contact with minor males tend to receive the most stringent penalties.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:25 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,892,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Pedophilia has absolutely nothing to do with having sexual contact with an adolescent. Pedophiles are adults who have a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. Being a pedophile is not illegal in and of itself--many pedophiles go through their lives suppressing their desires for sex with children.

Conversely, many people who do molest children are not pedophiles, rather their actions arise out of other psychological issues, or even out of a simple profit motive. True pedophilia is extraordinarily rare among women.

As for statutory rape laws (sexual contact with someone below the legal age of consent), female offenders do tend to receive mush more leniency in terms of legal punishment. Male offenders who have sexual contact with minor males tend to receive the most stringent penalties.
this...but women pedophiles aren't as rare as we think. I would agree much less often then men. And most female offenders against children have a male involved (maybe reenacting their own abuse). But the vast majority of female offenders (with no adult male included) is far under reported. But they aren't flying unicorns. When people get a strange gut feeling about a mother, they dismiss it 98 times out of 100. And the 2% left, most wont report until adulthood, if ever.

A close family member of mine was sexually abused by her mother. So was her brother and sister. The mother also abused a few friends of hers. As a close friend, family member, confidant, I learned the depth of the abuse which stretched far beyond the act itself. The abuse turned into psychological sexual abuse when the child was able to thwart off actual contact. The mother was a well respected member of the community. She had a prominent job in advocacy for those sexually abused. She was often told how lucky she was for having such an amazing mother, which complicated her own feeling and response. It took her having her own kids to begin to fortify herself.

I think this issue will unfold over time. The mother admitted to the abuse in the story I was told. Just in my experience, I think it is far more common, and far more secret then we as a community understand.

As for women with teens. I get they are emotionally distributed. When you are you have two choices. Get to therapy and resolve it or abuse teenagers. Your choice.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:36 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Female molesters of girls should be sent to prison and treated like male molesters, but our society does have a certain fetish for lesbian sex to the point that it is willing to give women who prey on little girls a pass. Child sexual predation by women against girls has apologists who would never defend men preying on girls.
Molesting little girls isn't "lesbian sex", and nobody's willing to give someone who does that a free pass. The problem is, it's a hidden crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun;
E.g. "The Vagina Monologues" having a section about a twentysomething woman who seduces a 13 year old girl in order to introduce her to the glories of lesbianism and to ensure she never is oriented towards men, and the girl in the play enjoys every bit of it. Do you think for a second that such a work glorifying a male would be tolerated? It would rightfully be universally condemned.
AFAIK, that piece of work isn't well tolerated. The women I know who saw it hated it, and told their friends not to go. I think people go to see it because they expect it to be something different than what it is.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
Because more often than not, women pedophiles (well, at least the school teachers) are pretty darn hot! And beauty just fogs the mind. Period! Check out the controversy section on Debra Lafave.
Thanks for making my point for me.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I disagree. MORE males are willing participants. This is my point. Of course "some" females are. But biology dictates what gender is the most willing at that age.

And please don't try and swing this conversation to the way of "FEMALES are manipulative."
Sometimes I wonder if other people were ever teenagers. Do you really not remember what it was like? An older boyfriend is a trophy for teenage girls. If you think they are unwilling to have sex, you are amazingly clueless.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:27 PM

463 posts, read 559,941 times
Because a lot of sex-starved loser men, you know the types that get the once-every-two-weeks "obligation sex" from their wives; see any sexually willing and available woman as a godsend to the male gender, regardless of how young the "victim" is.

These are usually the same losers that puff their chest out, get on their b.s. moral soapbox, and call for the electric chair if that "lucky kid" grew up and did the same thing to a 14 year-old girl.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,006,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
Because a lot of sex-starved loser men, you know the types that get the once-every-two-weeks "obligation sex" from their wives; see any sexually willing and available woman as a godsend to the male gender, regardless of how young the "victim" is.

These are usually the same losers that puff their chest out, get on their b.s. moral soapbox, and call for the electric chair if that "lucky kid" grew up and did the same thing to a 14 year-old girl.
Your post made so much sense.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post

Why the hell did you put victim in quotes? If an adult man rapes a young girl - no matter how "willing" he [i]perceives[i] her to be - she's a VICTIM.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:47 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Female molesters of girls should be sent to prison and treated like male molesters, but our society does have a certain fetish for lesbian sex to the point that it is willing to give women who prey on little girls a pass. Child sexual predation by women against girls has apologists who would never defend men preying on girls.

E.g. "The Vagina Monologues" having a section about a twentysomething woman who seduces a 13 year old girl in order to introduce her to the glories of lesbianism and to ensure she never is oriented towards men, and the girl in the play enjoys every bit of it. Do you think for a second that such a work glorifying a male would be tolerated? It would rightfully be universally condemned.
Um, ok, that story is about a 16 year old (not a 13 year old), set in the 1970's, who has been abused by men and shamed her whole life. It is not about ensuring she's never "oriented" toward men. It's based on a true story.

Vagina Monologues Script- Eve Ensler Play

As for all the other misinformation on this thread, a 40something who has sex with a 15 year old - while an idiot and, yes, a predator - is not a pedophile. Please look up the definition.

And the Lena Dunham confession is about things she did when she was also a young child, like 6 or 7. Again - not pedophilia. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't make her a pedophile or deserve to be sent to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology