Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

I really think a lot of men don't think women are people the same way that other men are people. An article like this serves to highlight this idea. To many men, the only women that are really human are the ones that are close or important to him.

How many men have said they have no interest in having female friends...only a woman to date or marry?

I think it is very telling when a man has no female friends. What it tells me is that they don't feel that a woman has anything to offer them outside of sex. I think this is a common and pervasive attitude that spans the entire existence of the human race.

This is probably part of the reason you see a lot more male sexual predators. The victim has long ceased existing to the predator as a human being. That victim is only a means to an end. Like an animal you would use for work or for food. At your disposal to do whatever you want with.

The idea likely starts with the thought that this person isn't on the same level or worth knowing like another man is. And then it just degenerates further and further.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarr...a-wom?s=mobile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 11:03 PM

140 posts, read 191,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Pray tell, how is it that you can assureus of that?

And, if you have personal knowledge this is happening, why aren't you doing anything to stop it?
Well I've read about other people's childhood experiences.. so I know female pedos are out there. There are more male ones probably but plenty of female ones too. I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw an interview with a female babysitter pedo who molested 100s of kids. Why did you have to take my comment so personally? SOME women can be evil. I'm not talking about you...

Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,006,897 times
Quote:
Are you seriously implying that feminists are in favor of or not against female rapists?

As a woman, I can tell you that any older lady that even such a finger on my boy will get her ass handed to her by me.
If she lived to tell about it, I will make sure that every day of the rest of her life will be a living hell.
All I'm saying is that they are pretty silent and haven't given much attention on gender equality when it comes to male and female rapists in the judicial system. Feminists love talking about gender equality issues, while ignoring the issues where women have privilege over men. It's one of the reasons why I can't take modern Feminism seriously.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
A male teacher just got in trouble for saying online that two teen boys should have happily kept it to themselves that they'd been with two female teachers from that school who recently were arrested for it.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
All I'm saying is that they are pretty silent and haven't given much attention on gender equality when it comes to male and female rapists in the judicial system. Feminists love talking about gender equality issues, while ignoring the issues where women have privilege over men. It's one of the reasons why I can't take modern Feminism seriously.
I'm not a feminist, but are you saying that you have heard of an instance where there was a female rapist and a feminists were totally cool about it?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:22 PM

When male victims don't speak out about being victims, it's usually because of what they think the other men will think of them.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
When male victims don't speak out about being victims, it's usually because of what they think the other men will think of them.
I do agree with you on that point.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not a feminist, but are you saying that you have heard of an instance where there was a female rapist and a feminists were totally cool about it?
It's not so much about the feminists being cool with it but more about them being so silent on those issues.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It's not so much about the feminists being cool with it but more about them being so silent on those issues.
There was a woman rapist and feminists didn't say anything?!!??

You know...raping your wife was just made illegal in this country 20 years ago.
The 2000s for some of Europe.
People have been on the internet for longer than it has been illegal to rape your wife.

You might see why some women still are wary and mistrustful of current beliefs/culture.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
There was a woman rapist and feminists didn't say anything?!!??

You know...raping your wife was just made illegal in this country 20 years ago.
The 2000s for some of Europe.
People have been on the internet for longer than it has been illegal to rape your wife.

You might see why some women still are wary and mistrustful of current beliefs/culture.
All I'm saying is that feminists need to stop picking and choosing certain gender discrimination issues while largely ignoring others. It makes a lot of them look like hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology