Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 10:38 AM

928 posts, read 499,632 times

Advertisements

My homeowners insurance went up by 50% for no reason. I can afford it, but still....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 11:30 AM

4,188 posts, read 3,402,741 times
My local Chinese take-out joint changed their menu—-and not for the better.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:29 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I was going to put this in the Food section but I thought better of it. I don't want to start any wars.

I have an older friend who frequently invites me over for home-cooked meals. We drink wine and play cards and listen to music, and in general get along well, but she has long had high blood pressure and had a heart attack years ago and as a result, she doesn't put any salt in her food. And sometimes the food NEEDS SALT. To my taste, anyway.

One time I asked her for some salt, and well, it turned into a big to-do. She pretended to go searching around for a salt shaker, all the while complaining about how SHE doesn't even KNOW if she HAS ONE ANYMORE, because she hasn't used salt in forever, and she put Mrs. Dash and this herb and that herb and whatnot in the food. I ended up feeling as if I insulted her by asking for salt, so I never did again.

But damn. I don't have high blood pressure, and some things just need salt. Some things I can eat without it, and I don't need or use HUGE amounts of salt anyway, but some of her food just tastes flat to me, and it would be much improved with a little sprinkler of the white stuff.

So, I've decided to keep those little packets of salt that you get sometimes with takeout food and keep them in my purse and surreptitiously add a bit of salt to my food if needed when I'm over there.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:14 PM

4,188 posts, read 3,402,741 times
I risked my life going to a dollar store for beer nuts and they didn't have any.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:20 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was going to put this in the Food section but I thought better of it. I don't want to start any wars.

I have an older friend who frequently invites me over for home-cooked meals. We drink wine and play cards and listen to music, and in general get along well, but she has long had high blood pressure and had a heart attack years ago and as a result, she doesn't put any salt in her food. And sometimes the food NEEDS SALT. To my taste, anyway.

One time I asked her for some salt, and well, it turned into a big to-do. She pretended to go searching around for a salt shaker, all the while complaining about how SHE doesn't even KNOW if she HAS ONE ANYMORE, because she hasn't used salt in forever, and she put Mrs. Dash and this herb and that herb and whatnot in the food. I ended up feeling as if I insulted her by asking for salt, so I never did again.

But damn. I don't have high blood pressure, and some things just need salt. Some things I can eat without it, and I don't need or use HUGE amounts of salt anyway, but some of her food just tastes flat to me, and it would be much improved with a little sprinkler of the white stuff.

So, I've decided to keep those little packets of salt that you get sometimes with takeout food and keep them in my purse and surreptitiously add a bit of salt to my food if needed when I'm over there.
It's funny how weird people can get once they quit something. I think that's pretty unreasonable of her. But that's a good idea, taking the salt packets.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I ordered a new set of colored pencils, and I won’t get them for two days.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
I want my ordered online items to be delivered sooner than expected. I have been doing a lot of retail therapy.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:08 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
I enjoyed my solitary life of unpaid overtime, constant confrontation and management by insanity. Found myself with six helpers! Where did they come from but my manager's wild team dreams?
Merlot shall be my friend.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Old 04-24-2021, 09:20 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I want my ordered online items to be delivered sooner than expected. I have been doing a lot of retail therapy.
What is it about ordering online? It is so thrilling. At any rate, my pencils have shipped, and are now in Portland. It is possible they will arrive today. I’ll be tracking them for sure.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:42 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
I kept checking a package for tracking and it kept saying a label had been printed but it wasn't shipped yet then BOOM! It arrived today.

Didn't even get to track its journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology