Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 11:33 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

I'm an early riser, like 4am. I ALWAYS check to see if the hotel has in room coffee or I bring my own.

I can think of nothing worse than being up with no coffee (of course I can, but that is would not fit with the theme of the thread ). Seriously though, I would be a very cranky person.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 12:56 PM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I get more SPAM calls than real calls. Which sounds sad, but it's HOW I know it's SPAM, everyone knows to text me.
My trusty ol' flip phone is starting to fail. It no longer displays the caller ID until I actually open it, which is basically answering it (if I actually said anything). If I don't recognize the number, I just hang up on them. I'm hanging up on people left and right.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maybe the hotel is TOO NICE. I mean it. My husband and I stayed at a resort last year on the Outer Banks. I mean, a bona fide resort. It was a big splurge. They didn't have coffee makers in the rooms - they expected their guests to not have to make coffee, but to just go get some. But the problem was - they didn't make coffee till 7 AM. Well, we get up pretty early. All I wanted was a cup of dang coffee when I got up - and actually I didn't want to have to get dressed or half way presentable to get it either.

Talk about counter productive. And what REALLY made me mad was that we said something about it and they still didn't make it any earlier.

Then we went to Sedona on vacation a few months ago and it was THE SAME THING. Except this time, wow, talk about a trek to the dining room - it seemed like it was MILES to the dining room for a cup of coffee. Very irritating. It was a super nice room too. So I'm wondering if your room is "too nice." Which is definitely a First World Problem.
Oh no! We are staying at a little inn on the WA Coast for our anniversary. I know my travel agent (DH) did not think about checking for coffee makers in our room. I always look for the coffee maker, as soon as I walk in the room for the first time. I am the same as you. When I wake up, I want a cup of wake up juice.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:02 PM

17,603 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Darn weeds. If only we could afford a contract lawn service.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:03 PM

17,603 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Oh no! We are staying at a little inn on the WA Coast for our anniversary. I know my travel agent (DH) did not think about checking for coffee makers in our room. I always look for the coffee maker, as soon as I walk in the room for the first time. I am the same as you. When I wake up, I want a cup of wake up juice.
Oh I HAVE to bring my own coffee maker and coffee from home. The ones in the hotel just isn’t good enough.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:23 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,240 times
Add me to the club. Another one up since 4:30am. Ugh.

FWP: I am too tired to eat dinner tonight.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:18 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,433,253 times
Awhile back we got a phone call...from us. As we sat there we saw our name and number show up and our phone was ringing...we didn't answer...they hung up.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Oh I HAVE to bring my own coffee maker and coffee from home. The ones in the hotel just isn’t good enough.
That's taking your need for coffee to a whole new level!

On our last trip, DH and I were remembering a certain motel in a Southwest City which had the worst free breakfast I have ever encountered. If I remember, there was also either an unsatisfactory or missing coffee maker in that room.

This is a first world problem folks! When the free continental breakfast is so bad, you end up paying for it at Panera.

(Actually we like Panera for breakfast. But still---)

Old 08-19-2019, 02:17 PM

Yesterday I wanted to take down the mandoline so I could make garlic slivers. It was behind a stack of saucers, and I was standing on tiptoe to reach it. Yes, that's where it's going... I thought to myself, I really should move those out of the way first. Right about then was when the whole stack toppled off the shelf, bouncing off my arms, sliding down my shoulders, crashing onto the counter, smashing a bowl that was on the counter, cascading down onto the floor in a deafening, seemingly endless cacophony. The neighbors must have gotten a chuckle, as I'm sure it echoed throughout the entire courtyard. I was half expecting someone to yell out, "You dropped your watch!"

My SO was standing right there when it happened. After all the noise and damage had subsided, we're standing there in shock, and he says something like, "What was that all about?" lol

During the dreaded clean-up, I discovered some pieces had landed halfway into the dining area and living room. Sheesh.

After all that, I still had to sliver 12 cloves of garlic.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:22 PM

On a side note, earlier in the day I was putting ice in a glass, and the requisite cube fell but it landed on the top of the fridge door! I didn't have to bend down and search for it on the floor! So I triumphantly tossed it toward the sink, I missed by the smallest of margins, it skidded down the length of tile in front of the sink and sailed off to points unknown. It may have commenced melting under the stove, for all I know. As my SO said, I couldn't do that again if I tried.

I think I'll avoid the kitchen today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology