Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 PM

326 posts, read 200,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
I am getting spam calls on my cell phone in Chinese.
Me too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 10:52 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I get more SPAM calls than real calls. Which sounds sad, but it's HOW I know it's SPAM, everyone knows to text me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-17-2019, 12:16 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,759,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
Ice in yeti tumbler didn’t melt,so I got brain freeze
The first time I used an insulated stainless steel cup with a lid for coffee, I burnt my tongue because it hadn’t cooled at all in a half hour’s time. 😛

Old 08-17-2019, 08:37 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I have to pick up my granddaughter from school today. It's the first day which means I'll be in line forever, wasting gas. We are not supposed to use our cell phones or have the music on so we can hear when they call the students name. Now what am I supposed to do sitting in a line of cars waiting for 30 minutes or more?
One of my FWPs, school zones where you slow down to a crawl, often with no kids around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh my gosh.

Now may be the time to order a year's subscription to People magazine!
Every time my husband reads one, he remarks, "I don't know who any of these people are."
Me neither. I flipped through a People while in a waiting room a couple months ago. On second thoughts I recognized a few. Very few.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
We are moving so we are selling a bunch of stuff on Craig's List. I do NOT understand the people who text you "is X still available" and I text back "yes" in literal minutes and you never hear from them again. If it were once or twice no biggie, but it happens ALL the time. I do not understand this.

Have I complained about guys hitting on you via Words With Friends? Is this a thing? Did someone write this in a book as a good idea? In the past 6 months there has always been at least one guy a week. This isn't a humble brag, I have a suspicion this is the nerd equivalent to a Nigerian Prince.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-18-2019, 09:00 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
I wrote, "submariness" up in my last post because I am so doggone wealthy that I can just throw extra letters around like confetti. I hate typing on my phone.

My husband and I are traveling and the hotel we are in doesn't have a coffee maker in the room! I can't even believe it. Isn't that so strange? The rest of the room is nice. There's a fridge, microwave, wifi, nice furniture...no coffee.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We are moving so we are selling a bunch of stuff on Craig's List. I do NOT understand the people who text you "is X still available" and I text back "yes" in literal minutes and you never hear from them again. If it were once or twice no biggie, but it happens ALL the time. I do not understand this.

Have I complained about guys hitting on you via Words With Friends? Is this a thing? Did someone write this in a book as a good idea? In the past 6 months there has always been at least one guy a week. This isn't a humble brag, I have a suspicion this is the nerd equivalent to a Nigerian Prince.
GIRL. I have the same freaking problem with Words With Friends. And I am in my 50s and a grandmother! It is the weirdest thing. I just block them the minute they get weird (which is usually pretty quickly). It makes me only want to play games with people I know. I mean, I have about a gazillion games going so it's not like I have to accept these game requests. Look, jerkwad - all I want to do with you is play Words With Friends. THAT IS IT. Is that too much to ask?

Old 08-18-2019, 10:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I wrote, "submariness" up in my last post because I am so doggone wealthy that I can just throw extra letters around like confetti. I hate typing on my phone.

My husband and I are traveling and the hotel we are in doesn't have a coffee maker in the room! I can't even believe it. Isn't that so strange? The rest of the room is nice. There's a fridge, microwave, wifi, nice furniture...no coffee.
Maybe the hotel is TOO NICE. I mean it. My husband and I stayed at a resort last year on the Outer Banks. I mean, a bona fide resort. It was a big splurge. They didn't have coffee makers in the rooms - they expected their guests to not have to make coffee, but to just go get some. But the problem was - they didn't make coffee till 7 AM. Well, we get up pretty early. All I wanted was a cup of dang coffee when I got up - and actually I didn't want to have to get dressed or half way presentable to get it either.

Talk about counter productive. And what REALLY made me mad was that we said something about it and they still didn't make it any earlier.

Then we went to Sedona on vacation a few months ago and it was THE SAME THING. Except this time, wow, talk about a trek to the dining room - it seemed like it was MILES to the dining room for a cup of coffee. Very irritating. It was a super nice room too. So I'm wondering if your room is "too nice." Which is definitely a First World Problem.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:36 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
I am getting spam calls on my cell phone in Chinese.
^THIS. Always from a Houston number, for some reason. And of course, daily calls from my same area code, I guess trying to scam me. I never answer. Nobody ever calls me anymore unless they're trying to sell me, collect a debt (I don't have a debt issue), or scam me.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:28 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maybe the hotel is TOO NICE. I mean it. My husband and I stayed at a resort last year on the Outer Banks. I mean, a bona fide resort. It was a big splurge. They didn't have coffee makers in the rooms - they expected their guests to not have to make coffee, but to just go get some. But the problem was - they didn't make coffee till 7 AM. Well, we get up pretty early. All I wanted was a cup of dang coffee when I got up - and actually I didn't want to have to get dressed or half way presentable to get it either.

Talk about counter productive. And what REALLY made me mad was that we said something about it and they still didn't make it any earlier.

Then we went to Sedona on vacation a few months ago and it was THE SAME THING. Except this time, wow, talk about a trek to the dining room - it seemed like it was MILES to the dining room for a cup of coffee. Very irritating. It was a super nice room too. So I'm wondering if your room is "too nice." Which is definitely a First World Problem.

I had insomnia (damn menopause!) and was awake at 4 in the morning. I thought about using the hotel pool- not open until 7. No coffee until 7, either! I sat, all disgruntled, thinking of ways to make other people miserable. Ha! I think your theory is correct, even though it didn't really seem like that high falutin' of a place. Fair to middlin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology