Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 03:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times

Advertisements

New dishwasher installed this morning. Installer looked to be about 17 years old, but did a good job. He went through some stuff with us, and left. It took DH and I about 20 minutes to figure out how to run the rinse cycle. He finally looked at the cycle status indicator and had a brain wave. It was mid cycle, and had to be stopped and restarted. Installer had started cycle and left it. We had inadvertently paused it.

This is only my seventh or eighth dishwasher. When did just pressing a start button, and walking away stop being the way you start a dishwasher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 04:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I have to pick up my granddaughter from school today. It's the first day which means I'll be in line forever, wasting gas. We are not supposed to use our cell phones or have the music on so we can hear when they call the students name. Now what am I supposed to do sitting in a line of cars waiting for 30 minutes or more?
Oh my gosh.

Now may be the time to order a year's subscription to People magazine!

Funny thing: I love to read and I actually consider myself to have pretty deep taste when it comes to social issues, history, the arts, etc. I'm an avid reader and I LOVE non fiction books. BUT...I love me some People magazine. LOVE IT. I don't really know why but I do.

Anyway, so I hinted around for a subscription (which isn't really cheap) for YEARS and my husband never picked up on it. So finally, my birthday was coming up, and I started leaving the little order forms that come in People magazines (which I was buying in the grocery store line) in all my husband's haunts - his sock drawer, his laptop, his sink in the bathroom, the seat of his truck, etc. So yeah, I got me some People magazine!

Every time my husband reads one, he remarks, "I don't know who any of these people are."

Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 AM

I picked up granddaughter on her first day of kindergarten 2 years ago. In this school parents or grands walk in at the end of the day. I usually arrive a few minutes early, and did so then. It was so funny. First the kids streamed out to do something with their backpacks, then granddaughter (who did not see me) turned to enter the wrong room, and was turned by another little girl. All the kids seemed disoriented, and they started one way, only to turn back in the hallway. I thought of herding cats.

Eventually bell rung, and then we had to wait for teacher to dismiss class formally.

Granddaughter is in 2nd grade this year. We have four more years of picking up once a week from this elementary school.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:22 AM

218 posts, read 241,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I picked up granddaughter on her first day of kindergarten 2 years ago. In this school parents or grands walk in at the end of the day. I usually arrive a few minutes early, and did so then. It was so funny. First the kids streamed out to do something with their backpacks, then granddaughter (who did not see me) turned to enter the wrong room, and was turned by another little girl. All the kids seemed disoriented, and they started one way, only to turn back in the hallway. I thought of herding cats.

Eventually bell rung, and then we had to wait for teacher to dismiss class formally.

Granddaughter is in 2nd grade this year. We have four more years of picking up once a week from this elementary school.
This, I see it every day. I pick up my 1st grade Granddaughter every day. I have learned to get there early enough to find a close parking space that I can back into. The kindergarten teachers keep the children with them until they (the teacher) have eyes on whoever is picking up the child. The rest of the classes are on their own after they are dismissed. They go every direction, which is why I back into the space, it is so much easier to get out if you can see where everyone (this includes crazy parents who go every direction also) is. It is a first world problem that most parents don't know how to drive in a full parking lot.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaatar516 View Post
This, I see it every day. I pick up my 1st grade Granddaughter every day. I have learned to get there early enough to find a close parking space that I can back into. The kindergarten teachers keep the children with them until they (the teacher) have eyes on whoever is picking up the child. The rest of the classes are on their own after they are dismissed. They go every direction, which is why I back into the space, it is so much easier to get out if you can see where everyone (this includes crazy parents who go every direction also) is. It is a first world problem that most parents don't know how to drive in a full parking lot.
Ha! We have to park on the street! We walk our grands to the car. Patrol kids are out in front of the school for awhile to stop cars and allow us to cross. Looks dangerous to me, but there they are.

Actually, this year we will pick only the youngest grand up. The oldest grand is starting middle school, and I cannot believe it! Where did my sweet little grandson go? He is a sweet growing grandson now. But when we started picking him up he was in PreK. The first time we picked him up, he bawled his eyes out, because he thought his aunt was going to pick him up. He was not expecting us. I carried him bawling down the hall and out the door. And then he recovered, and he learned that Grandparents are OK. This was right after we moved to the PNW.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:41 PM

35,006 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Necro-ing dead threads on CD.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
I'm trying to be vegan, but I fall off the wagon like every week because I get absolutely insane cravings for fatty meat like wings, salami, salmon, etc. (Basically things that are hard to make vegan copycat versions of)

Dairy and eggs, I've avoided without a problem. But I always end up succumbing to meat cravings around once a week.

My husband easily maintains a vegan lifestyle, idk why it's so damn hard for me.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:42 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
I forgot I had half of my sub and now it's soggy. (Talkin' sandwiches, here, not actual submariness, which I imagine are always soggy.)

Also, my tooth is cracked and I went to the dentist to have it fixed, but it's going to require a crown and a root canal. He advised, "Don't chew on that side!" Of course I'm gonna, though. I try not to. But we all know I will. I'll probably end up swallowing my tooth (while eating soggy sandwiches.)

Old 08-16-2019, 05:39 PM

326 posts, read 200,317 times
Ice in yeti tumbler didn’t melt,so I got brain freeze

Old 08-16-2019, 09:52 PM

408 posts, read 259,529 times
I am getting spam calls on my cell phone in Chinese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology