Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 10:47 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times

Advertisements

$10k!!! Does the darn thing make deep dish pizza too!!??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 02:42 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
$10k!!! Does the darn thing make deep dish pizza too!!??
Besides the usual separate air chambers it also has separate platforms to raise and lower the head, separate temperature control for each side of the bed, an under the bed light that turns on when you get out of bed that turns off when you return to bed or ten minutes later, and other features I can’t remember. We’ve been shopping for a twin mattress for the spare room in case we have guest staying over. Found one local store that has twin mattresses starting at &280 (not bad) but tops out at $6,000 still for a twin mattress not including foundation.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:48 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times
$10K for a mattress? May all your dreams have happy endings!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times
Just got back from a 10 day vacation in Colorado and I have SOOOO many emails to answer! *sigh*

Old 08-09-2019, 10:59 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You had me cracking up!

I told my husband one time - and I was totally, totally serious - "I don't care how rich or how poor we are - do you understand, I don't care if we have gas money or not - no matter where we are in life, there has to be $200 put aside - for two things, a coffee maker and a flat iron. Because either of those items is likely at some point to just decide not to work that day, and I don't care what else is going on, I am going to go buy another one THAT DAY. That MORNING preferably."

I worked for the government, and was on the short list of people who would be called in during emergencies and what have you. My boss and I had an "emergency plan" that involved our flatirons.

Ain't no one taking instructions from two women who's hair looks like a bad version of a vixen from an 80s rock video.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-09-2019, 11:17 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
"I'm sure this construction will be done soon. Look, the road is smooth. I'm sure they're getting ready to pave it!" I said to my husband with my big, naïve, stupid, idiotic eyes fluttering the other day.

Today, there is a 3 foot drop-off at the end of the driveway, a huge, gaping hole 3 blocks long, closing off the whole street in front of one side of our house, and our truck (which my husband usually drives to work) is sitting there, in the driveway, useless.

My car, however, which I parked on the other side of the house, away from the construction, is gone... at my husband's office. I don't actually have to go anywhere today, thankfully, because I CAN'T... but now that I CAN'T, I wanna.

Also, I am so sick of the back of this dump truck slamming loudly, causing me to simultaneously have a heart attack and release small amounts of urine from surprise. (I'm making that part up because I like to be gross. It's an affliction.)

My hair looks fabulous today. I mean, really. It looks better than it has in a year. And I'm in the house. You know it isn't gonna look good tomorrow! Jeezum crow. Life's unfair. Would it be weird if I went out and asked the construction workers to compliment my new hair? HA! "Excuse me. Please stop this bulldozer immediately. I need to ask you a question. Do you think my hair looks excellent or do you think my hair looks stupendous?" *I become flattened into the pavement that's about to be laid down, I just know it... any day now.*

Old 08-09-2019, 11:25 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
You my dear are going to have to resort to social media selfies. Start clicking.

We do NOT let good hair days go unnoticed!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-09-2019, 01:27 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You my dear are going to have to resort to social media selfies. Start clicking.

We do NOT let good hair days go unnoticed!!!!
The rest of me looks like crap, though. I might have spinach in my teeth.
Doing dishes, laundry, prepping for a trip to South Carolina while the house is literally shaking like we're in an earthquake. It's insane here. And I can't escape unless I use my legs. The horror.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I've purchased two of those hose bib things that you roll the hose onto. One a box type and the other looks like a large spindle. Neither of them work worth a damn. We have potable water in my city so you are only supposed to water from this spigot. However there is only one in the front of the house so if I need to water the back yard I have to get a super long hose or attach two together. Then what am I supposed to do with them? I guess I need to get a retractable hose.
We have hoses that are crinkled and limp until water is turned on. Then they expand and become stiffer. They are lighter to move around and hauling them is easier on my arthritic back. DH ordered ours from Amazon.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:21 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We have hoses that are crinkled and limp until water is turned on. Then they expand and become stiffer. They are lighter to move around and hauling them is easier on my arthritic back. DH ordered ours from Amazon.
I had one of those. Because of yard pest we use a hose attached spray bottle to treat the yard for pest. The water passing through the hose draws up the poison/repellent to spray onto the lawn. We also used a weed and feed lawn treatment of a similar hose connected spray bottle. They worked well until I switched to these flimsy expanding hoses. They’re too narrow to allow the water volume to draw the lawn treatment..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology