Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 08:02 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times

Advertisements

First date question, enjoys in life:

Her - I enjoy sunsets over wine, the lullaby of waves, puppies playing, a porch swing on Sunday...

Me - Mowing over a stick and hearing it chatter inside the mower deck.

Her -

Me - Have you tried it? Almost went complete stall on a hickory last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 08:17 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm always wanting to touch plants, but then I worry that I somehow might have a reaction. Then I think, What's the matter with you? What happened? When you were a kid, you wouldn't have hesitated. What's going to happen? So I started touching plants more. Now you post this.
Sorry, SeaOfGrass! I act as a warning, at least?
It really kinda hurts, too. I just wanted to fondle a plant! That's all! . I'm heading out into the beachy wilderness today. I'll let you know what else you should avoid. Hey, there's a shark. I'm going to pet it.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:10 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times
I drove all the way to work with my Connecticut Starbucks cup on my roof. Thankfully the Escape has a roof rack because I would have hated to lose another Starbucks mug! My New Jersey mug was broken in the earthquake and it was uninsured. Stupid earthquake.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I had breakfast in Dayton OH (right across the street from Ned Peppers where the mass shooting happened a few weeks ago but I digress), and then dinner in Tyler, TX. Air travel is amazing, especially considering that I've been reading a book about settling the west and OMG it took SO LONG to go anywhere! I mean, like you'd have to literally make a road - as in "cut down trees" in order to get anywhere. And here I was complaining about turbulence as I sat in a leather chair in relative comfort sipping on a glass of sparking water and trying to figure out what state we were flying over by looking at "landmarks." Not many of those visual clues between Ohio and Texas for the record.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I had breakfast in Dayton OH (right across the street from Ned Peppers where the mass shooting happened a few weeks ago but I digress), and then dinner in Tyler, TX. Air travel is amazing, especially considering that I've been reading a book about settling the west and OMG it took SO LONG to go anywhere! I mean, like you'd have to literally make a road - as in "cut down trees" in order to get anywhere. And here I was complaining about turbulence as I sat in a leather chair in relative comfort sipping on a glass of sparking water and trying to figure out what state we were flying over by looking at "landmarks." Not many of those visual clues between Ohio and Texas for the record.

Have you ever gone through your day, and think about each thing and what it would have been like 200-300 years ago?

I wouldn't have my temperpedic, I would have had to start a fire for my coffee, and used a pot instead of microwave for my oatmeal, heck, that oatmeal would have been in the fridge... 'cause no fridge! I would have no idea what was going on in the world 'cause no computers/internet. Etc.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-25-2019, 01:33 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Have you ever gone through your day, and think about each thing and what it would have been like 200-300 years ago?

I wouldn't have my temperpedic, I would have had to start a fire for my coffee, and used a pot instead of microwave for my oatmeal, heck, that oatmeal would have been in the fridge... 'cause no fridge! I would have no idea what was going on in the world 'cause no computers/internet. Etc.
YES, TOTALLY! I am sort of a history nerd so I am constantly thinking about this, along with "Would I shave under my arms? Not likely. Speaking of underarms...no deodorant. And if you want to take a bath, you have to haul the water in, heat it up and then fill up a bathtub...no wonder people didn't bathe that often. OH MY GOSH, WHAT ABOUT TEETH?"

Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
YES, TOTALLY! I am sort of a history nerd so I am constantly thinking about this, along with "Would I shave under my arms? Not likely. Speaking of underarms...no deodorant. And if you want to take a bath, you have to haul the water in, heat it up and then fill up a bathtub...no wonder people didn't bathe that often. OH MY GOSH, WHAT ABOUT TEETH?"
I never would have survived.

There was a book I read.... what it was like in daily life during the Tudor era, OMG it was fascinating. She had some other similar books for different time frames.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:04 PM

4,143 posts, read 3,061,898 times
Quote:
I'm male, and don't have much body hair, so I don't think about shaving underarms. However, I do think a lot about the other things. The horse manure on the streets, the flies, the poor personal hygiene. Oh, the humanity!

As far as teeth, that's the only thing about the young that I envy. I still have all 32 teeth, but have several crowns, and enough fillings to make up a theater weight. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my grandparents all had false teeth by the time they were my age (63).

Old 08-25-2019, 08:10 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

To be honest, I looong for those old days. I mean waaay back... I'd love to live in a dirt/grass hut, bathe in a river, forage for food, tend to my chubby little baby, lol. Most of the stress and worries of this modern life are ridiculous! lol

I'd prefer physical stress over mental stress. 'Course, I might change my mind if I really had to go through it, right? lol

Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
To be honest, I looong for those old days. I mean waaay back... I'd love to live in a dirt/grass hut, bathe in a river, forage for food, tend to my chubby little baby, lol. Most of the stress and worries of this modern life are ridiculous! lol

I'd prefer physical stress over mental stress. 'Course, I might change my mind if I really had to go through it, right? lol
After 5 days of camping I tap out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology