Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
After 5 days of camping I tap out.

When I was little, we camped just about every other weekend during the summer. That might have something to do with it. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 10:59 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I confessed to me husband tonight that I was vegetarian-curious.

He is heartbroken.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-26-2019, 02:04 AM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
I confessed to me husband tonight that I was vegetarian-curious.

He is heartbroken.
Okay, Mikala, I'm going to respond to you one last time but then ignore you, otherwise it looks like I'm stalking you. lol

I'm veg-curious, too. Have been for a long time. I'm lurking around the veg/vegan forums, curious about the fast food superstar burgers or whatever... Even SO is up for "meat-free Mondays"...

I love food and I love cooking, so I'm trying to reconcile that with being cruelty-free (my reason, not necessarily yours or anyone else's).

Old 08-26-2019, 08:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
After 5 days of camping I tap out.
LOL I don't ever camp - one overnight would do me in!

There are perfectly fine hotels just about everywhere.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:14 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I dropped a can of soda out of my refrigerator while grabbing a bottle of water. It split open when it hit the tile and exploded its contents all over my floor, my slippers and my feet. Naturally I was in a hurry as this morning was the first time I had to drive my granddaughter to school. Despite mopping the floor twice with a Swiffer Wet Jet and once with a regular mop it still feels sticky.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Slowly my kitchen is being restored to completely functional. Cooktop fixed. It was a wiring prob which was easily redone. New fridge is installed and looks great. But—no ice for at least a day. We have to dump first two batches of ice before using them.

All of a sudden I want a cool drink!

Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I finally splurged and bought new utensils. While using the new tablespoon (or soup spoon) it just didn't feel right in my hand. I hadn't brought the old ones to charity yet so I pulled out one of the old tablespoons to discover the new ones are 1 3/4 inches shorter.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:41 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
We're moving soon, so we are buying NOTHING that will add to the shipping, and selling most of our stuff.

The roomba is dying and requires it to be charged twice in order for it to work, and it is irritating the heck out of me. It MUST be done with two dogs, or I have to.... vacuum myself!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-27-2019, 11:47 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't get me started on Lowes and their "special order" stuff and installation. ...
Well, there goes my suggestion of working with a big box home store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
We went to a Sushi bar last night. The Sushi Chef took our order - but continued to work for about 5 to 10 minutes on take-out orders for Uber Eats. We had to just sit there watching him prepare elaborate sushi when all we wanted was a simple California Roll & a Salmon Roll.

Darn Uber Eats is ruining the dining experience.
This reminds me: I have been in stores where the people who bothered to arrive in person are ignored while the people calling who probably won't bother to buy anything get all the clerks' attention. More than once I've pulled out my cellphone, called the store and spoken to a clerk otherwise ignoring people who are THERE while I was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Comcast came to switch out my cable box and the remote is new and slightly different than the old one. Cool design though. But now I need to learn this new remote without having to look at it. . . .
90% of the reason I'm resisting getting a smartphone is I don't want to have to learn the dang thing.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:08 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
This reminds me: I have been in stores where the people who bothered to arrive in person are ignored while the people calling who probably won't bother to buy anything get all the clerks' attention. More than once I've pulled out my cellphone, called the store and spoken to a clerk otherwise ignoring people who are THERE while I was there.
Yeah, that pisses me off as well.

Here's an anecdote: we stopped at Mon Ami Gabi after a show at Paris in Las Vegas. There were perhaps 10 to 15 people waiting to be seated. We asked & it was a 45 minute wait. Just for grins, we logged into Open Table and reserved a table for right now, returned to the hostess & was seated right away.

She didn't seem to even recognize that we she had told us there would be a 45 minute wait literally 60 seconds before. Clearly, they don't pay her to think. But she was wearing a skimpy little black dress & had a nice rack.

Last edited by RationalExpectations; 08-27-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology