Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:27 PM

855 posts, read 624,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Do I work for the store now? That is the store's problem. I don't see why I have to take even one extra step for the store or for some total stranger.

Only a smuck would assist the store in anything. They won't for you - I guarantee it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

So the groceries are just dumped from the delivery truck to a pile in the middle of the floor where you live?
Indeed; I was going to point out that the store assists in
making it possible for people to acquire what they need
without having to be skilled hunter-gatherers to do it.
They assist and over-accommodate so much as it is that
our ancestors are probably getting a real chuckle out of
how high-maintenance and virtually helpless people have
become in this regard.

-

Old 04-25-2019, 09:52 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
I think it's wasting time to go around grocery store parking lots to police customers to make sure they put their cart away.

Who knows, maybe it was some elderly or sick person who could barely get to the grocery store, and then didn't feel like putting their cart back.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think it's wasting time to go around grocery store parking lots to police customers to make sure they put their cart away.

Who knows, maybe it was some elderly or sick person who could barely get to the grocery store, and then didn't feel like putting their cart back.
*shrugs* I think very few of the people who refuse to put their carts away have any disability at all. It's basically people who want to stick their thumbs in other people's eyes. Read back through this thread, Priscilla.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:29 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
This infuriates me as well. Not only at shopping centers, but at my condo building. We have 4 shopping carts at my building to assist people with bringing goods from their cars to their units. While it is clear as day that the expectation is to return carts to the first parking level, more than a few lazy, rude, inconsiderate residents will leave the carts on outside of their units. If we didn't have daily grounds staff cleaning the halls, etc., the carts would never get regularly placed back to where they should be. Some people amaze me with how inconsiderate they are of others

Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
more than a few lazy, rude, inconsiderate residents will leave the carts on outside of their units. If we didn't have daily grounds staff cleaning the halls, etc., the carts would never get regularly placed back to where they should be. Some people amaze me with how inconsiderate they are of others
The solution to that is public shaming. Post video online and hang up photos of offenders in the lobby

Old 04-25-2019, 11:22 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlewsTheGoat View Post
One woman told me that a loose cart hit her car once, so her revenge is to just leave her cart.
People are stupid.
It's definitely laziness. I also love people who're so lazy that they'll circle the parking lot for 10 minutes for a close spot instead of just taking one further away and walking.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:34 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Also not a huge deal, but I bet some people who are b@tching about the carts are those that don't bag.
I've started insisting I bag my own groceries because (and I'm not sure if this is just a CA thing or what) baggers here don't understand how to logically bag. They'll put my steaks on the bottom of the bag and then put a half gallon of orange juice right atop the meat, smushing it. Or they'll put items that aren't cold in my insulated bags and then leave the ice cream in a cloth bag to melt.

It really makes me miss Publix.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:31 AM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
I've started insisting I bag my own groceries because (and I'm not sure if this is just a CA thing or what) baggers here don't understand how to logically bag. They'll put my steaks on the bottom of the bag and then put a half gallon of orange juice right atop the meat, smushing it. Or they'll put items that aren't cold in my insulated bags and then leave the ice cream in a cloth bag to melt.

It really makes me miss Publix.
It's not a CA thing. Several times a year I grocery shop with my son. He's been a master at bagging ever since he was checker at a supermarket in his teens.

Frozen and chilled go in the same bags. Young and fit people want fewer, heavy bags. Older people want more and lighter.

I really hate it when they, not going to name anyone, throw heavy things on my produce.

Who does that?

Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 AM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Waiting to hear an answer to that bolded question. What caused that indifferent attitude?
I don't think it's indifference. Mommy and Daddy raised a self-centered sourpuss who goes through life feeling put upon because other humans don't automatically hand them what they feel they deserve.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:48 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
The Publix where I shop has a too small parking lot for the amount of traffic it gets and they don't have enough cart returns in order to save the parking space for cars. I'm not going to walk across the parking lot when it's 95 degrees (which it is for 5-6 months out of the year) to put the cart away. Now if I'm close to one I will but I always leave my cart where it's not blocking anyone from using a spot. If it's windy I make sure it's not going to roll into a car. For me it's not laziness, I just want to get into my air conditioned car with my groceries as soon as possible.

Now when it's not unbearably hot, humid or raining I will put the cart where it belongs and many times I bring others that are strewn across the parking lot with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology