Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 03:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Do I work for the store now? That is the store's problem. I don't see why I have to take even one extra step for the store or for some total stranger.

Only a smuck would assist the store in anything. They won't for you - I guarantee it.
It'll be your problem when a car swerves to avoid your negligently left cart and hits granny in the knees

Old 04-25-2019, 03:59 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
For starters, it's not really enough of an offense to lecture people on.

Tons of people do inconsiderate things, sometimes they are conscious of it, sometimes not. I've done tons of inconsiderate things, but I try and catch myself when I can.

I don't know where you live, but I know a lot of foreign born people don't really follow small rules like this. My girlfriend and her friends, and some other people I know. I just noticed that she doesn't do stuff like return carts and signal all the time when turning, etc, stuff like that. So I lecture her when I catch her.

I think in a lot of countries it's more of a free-for-all and that attitude manifests.

Interesting to see if anybody here will admit to doing this.
I agree with this. I have noticed this at the grocery. Things like saying 'excuse me' when you walk in front of someone or when you almost run into someone...things like that. Cutting in line at the meat counter....

But I found out why they do this stuff. My Ukrainian born manicurist is really pushy to the point of it being annoying sometimes. I finally understand when she explained to me how under communism, they had to stand in line often for hours for basic necessities and then even after standing in line for several hours, they might be out of the thing when they got to the front of the line so it taught them to be kind of pushy to get what they needed. Makes sense to me.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I agree with this. I have noticed this at the grocery. Things like saying 'excuse me' when you walk in front of someone or when you almost run into someone...things like that. Cutting in line at the meat counter....

But I found out why they do this stuff. My Ukrainian born manicurist is really pushy to the point of it being annoying sometimes. I finally understand when she explained to me how under communism, they had to stand in line often for hours for basic necessities and then even after standing in line for several hours, they might be out of the thing when they got to the front of the line so it taught them to be kind of pushy to get what they needed. Makes sense to me.
Yep, they're Russian, lol.

But I've noticed with other nationalities too.

Americans are actually one of the most polite nationalities, I'd say.

The other day, some dude let me cut in front of him because I had like one item and he had like 5, lol.

Anyway, I live in a place where there's lots of foreigners, so there's shopping carts all over my Shop Rite.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:11 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yep, they're Russian, lol.

But I've noticed with other nationalities too.

Americans are actually one of the most polite nationalities, I'd say.

The other day, some dude let me cut in front of him because I had like one item and he had like 5, lol.

Anyway, I live in a place where there's lots of foreigners, so there's shopping carts all over my Shop Rite.
French people are by the far the most obnoxious and rude people I've ever come across. Any time on a vacation anywhere in the world on a group tour the loud and disruptive tourists are without fail from France

Old 04-25-2019, 04:53 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
French people are by the far the most obnoxious and rude people I've ever come across. Any time on a vacation anywhere in the world on a group tour the loud and disruptive tourists are without fail from France
So you don't mind the Danes with their helmets, drinking horns and battle axes? At least they return shopping carts.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
How many carts are left rolling around in parking lots vs. being put away in cart corrals is directly related to the wealth of the surrounding neighborhood.

The same people who leave carts rolling around, put dirty diapers or other trash in the parking lot, refuse to flush the toilet, leave their wadded up paper towel on the sink instead of in the trash can, live in crappy neighborhoods.

The nicer parts of town have this happen much less often - there's kind of a "shooting the finger at the community" mentality where the person doesn't care at all if their cart gets to rolling downhill in the parking lot and broadsides someone's parked car and damages it.

Just don't care.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I consider it job creation. The store employs people to come out and retrieve those carts. I am stimulating the economy !

Old 04-25-2019, 06:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I consider it job creation. The store employs people to come out and retrieve those carts. I am stimulating the economy !
Well, it would certainly be karma if your car one day has a huge gash in the side from a runaway cart.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:33 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Really, I'd have thought you knew better. It's not job CREATION. They just hand it off as one more thing to do for some poor ******* who already has a ton to do. They sure as anything aren't hiring extra help for something like that, lol. s-c-h-m-u-c-k is censored now?

Old 04-25-2019, 06:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post

Only a smuck would assist the store in anything. They won't for you - I guarantee it.

So the groceries are just dumped from the delivery truck to a pile in the middle of the floor where you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology