Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 11:00 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times

Advertisements

What Hillbilly Enclave do you reside in ? Remind me to spit on target next time my plane whips by your town in .00001 seconds.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:21 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
It may not have been the best course of action, but it had to be done. The CDC and its lackeys were, and still are, inflating the numbers like a helium balloon.
Yes because this entire pandemic was engineered by the CDC/WHO/Whatever health organization

Old 07-27-2020, 12:25 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh you young people You're the ones spreading this now. Our neighbor's son caught it doing exactly what you're doing. You may be one of the lucky asymptomatic carriers that has no symptoms, yet, spreads it to someone else that may die from it. You may be lucky and never do either, but you are playing Russian Roulette with your life and those around you. No one can predict who will or won't catch this. You are now part of the problem. I'm sure that moron 30 year old that went to a Covid party because he thought it was a hoax and died from it shared your same mentality.

Maybe read a little more and care about your fellow human beings and a little less about your selfish needs? Be part of the solution. This bug is serious.
And that's it in a nutshell - people don't care about their fellow human beings and it's all about their selfish needs. Me. Me. Me.

The election/political angle is totally dumb, but that's par for the course.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:43 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh you young people You're the ones spreading this now. Our neighbor's son caught it doing exactly what you're doing. You may be one of the lucky asymptomatic carriers that has no symptoms, yet, spreads it to someone else that may die from it. You may be lucky and never do either, but you are playing Russian Roulette with your life and those around you. No one can predict who will or won't catch this. You are now part of the problem. I'm sure that moron 30 year old that went to a Covid party because he thought it was a hoax and died from it shared your same mentality.

Maybe read a little more and care about your fellow human beings and a little less about your selfish needs? Be part of the solution. This bug is serious.
Agree, and even younger people who claim it is a hoax, and are not doing their part to keep people safe are getting it and suffering. The list grows daily.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/07/ant...gets-covid-19/

Karma has not been kind to people who don't take this virus seriously. The old adage "what goes around, comes around" has been very true with this virus.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:46 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
What Hillbilly Enclave do you reside in ? Remind me to spit on target next time my plane whips by your town in .00001 seconds.
Maybe you could just disagree and state your case instead of throwing an insult.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:58 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Karma has not been kind to people who don't take this virus seriously. The old adage "what goes around, comes around" has been very true with this virus.
I take this seriously... seriously skeptical. If this were true, I'd have gotten it by now, given the risks I take by breaching social distancing (with like-minded people only). It's been since March, and still no 'Rona.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:19 PM

793 posts, read 331,861 times
I'm sure it will disappear once Biden is elected. It was perfectly safe to riot during COVID, just not go to church or a beach. OK...

Old 07-27-2020, 02:53 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Atlguy View Post
I'm sure it will disappear once Biden is elected. It was perfectly safe to riot during COVID, just not go to church or a beach. OK...
Shhh! Don't let "them" know that we know.

But seriously, I'm living a mostly normal life already. Most people I know aren't afraid. The ones who are, I don't talk to anymore, unless they're family. I just have to be judicious who I share my views on politics/Rona with. I don't want to get snitched on to contact tracers.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:25 PM

793 posts, read 331,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Shhh! Don't let "them" know that we know.

But seriously, I'm living a mostly normal life already. Most people I know aren't afraid. The ones who are, I don't talk to anymore, unless they're family. I just have to be judicious who I share my views on politics/Rona with. I don't want to get snitched on to contact tracers.
I know, right? I'm the same. My Democrat friends are scared out of their minds and Republicans maybe aren't concerned enough. I don't know, but I've stopped discussing with liberals. How weird its become partisan, but everything is these days.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:30 PM

1,579 posts, read 950,511 times
I am still living my life pretty much like I did before the pandemic. Then again, there was that joke going around about us introverts practicing for this our whole lives. haha

My favorite things to do are swim, walk my dog, read, and watch sci-fi TV. The only thing impacted is swimming and that's only my neighborhood pool requiring sign ups to limit the number of people in the pool for social distancing purposes. I like it because they also opened the pool earlier and I now I can swim in the morning.

I am working from home instead of in the office, but I am doing everything at home I could do in the office with a few exceptions. For those, I go to the office once a month. when I go, I am the only one there since we are all working from home. I talked to my boss and he said after this is over, if I wish to continue to telecommute, I can. Hurray! I get more done at home and it's more comfortable. I will confess, for a while I was worried about losing my job. People on this forum made fun of me for it saying I was paranoid about Covid... uh, no, I was worried about losing my job. Luckily, that didn't happen, although our revenues are down.

I go to the grocery store once a week, but that's what I did before. I don't shop at other local stores much--even before the pandemic. First, I really don't like shopping in general. But where I live is so busy and congested that I hate going out. You run around, struggle to park, go in a store only to find out they don't have what you want. I've been shopping online for years. I also love movies, but hate theaters. They are crowded and overpriced. Restaurants are okay, but I rather get takeout and eat at my home. Some of my favorite places now offer carry away (where they didn't before). I've always HATED bars and clubs (too crowded and too noisy).

I like going to the beach too and I've been going. You have to wear a mask on the Boardwalk and in the town (but not on the beach). I've been three times this summer and will go again next week. I am probably going a bit more than I usually do but that's because it's so empty that, for me, it's nice. I feel badly for the businesses there though, I know their revenues are down 50%. Even though I don't like shopping, I am trying to spend more money at the beach than I usually do (at my favorite stores). Most of my time is on the beach or in the ocean swimming. It's easy to socially distance with so many less people there.

I still visit my brother and his family and I check in on my mom too.

The one big thing I had planned that I am not doing this summer is traveling to Germany. I cancelled when the numbers were still going up and it looked like there wouldn't be a summer slow of the virus. That country isn't letting Americans in anyway and they were shut down at the time like we are now so tourist attractions were closed anyway. I plan to go next year if I can. I am hoping if there is a vaccine I can get it and travel.

All this talk of Covid fading away a lot after the election makes me laugh. I am not a very political person, but come on now. Everyone... as in the Trump administration, doctors, scientists, drug companies are saying there will most likely be a vaccine by late this year, early next year. AKA, right after the election. If that vaccine comes, yeah, things will start heading back to normal. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that coming. It will have nothing to do with who wins and who loses, it will have to do with the vaccine being ready.

My take on Covid is that it's real, it can be deadly to the unhealthy (old or young... there is this misconception that it only impacts the old) and sometimes it can catch a healthy person off guard too. But it's not as bad as originally predicted. It's good to be cautious, but not good to live in fear. There is a balance. I wear a mask and take precautions, but I didn't stop living my life. Things will go back to "normal" when they get vaccines and better treatments. But Covid will never "go away" and more than the flu, so don't wait for that. Just do your best to practice good hygiene, socially distance when you can, and be courteous to other people (if you are sick, avoid other people so you don't make them sick) and this all will pass in time. You just have to be patient.

Last edited by WalkingLiberty1919D; 07-27-2020 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology