Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 01:54 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times

Advertisements

That would be his skimmer. And he shouldn't have to haul away anything!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 03:02 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,965,150 times
[quote=
((Can I just say...I am sooooo over City Data's lousy photo software. Cant resize on here, too big, too wide, too tall ...can't post more than one pic per post. I love sharing photos but this is BS. There, I'm over it.)) [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the rant MA. In 2 years, I have NEVER managed to post a single photo to CD. When I got on the Key West forum, it took me 2 minutes to post my first photo, so it's not me, although everybody else posts photos here, so it is me.....anyway, thanks again for the rant.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,005,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dobiedude View Post
What is that on the right side that looks like a big piece of PVC (close to the size of a plastic 5 gallon bucket)jutting out at an angle?
All I can say is thank god you have a pickup truck to haul away the trash when they get through.
You're either referring to the pool light pocket (lower left) or just a water circulation jet (PVC pipe sticking through the wall). Can't build a pool without them.
And no, MA won't have to haul anything away. The contractor cleans everything up. He'll just have to landscape around the pool cage and plant some grass seed (or lay sod)

Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 AM

325 posts, read 507,841 times
Guys it was a feeble attempt to make a sarcastic joke about pickup trucks that I started in another thread. No attempt what so ever in tarnishing MA or the pool contractor or any of his subs.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:06 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,779,323 times
It's all good. I prefer that to the "I can't believe how long this thing is taking" jokes...lol.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:48 AM

50 posts, read 68,352 times
Default Pool Heater Cost

Messing About,

Quite the pool project you have going on there! I was curious about a pool heater for your set up. I finally bought a house and am very happy about becoming a winter/ full time resident of the PG/PC area. The pool on the house does not have a heater so I was wondering about the cost and type of heater you may have purchased for your pool? The pool I have was installed about 4 years ago so its fairly new. If you or anyone has on thoughts for me that would be a great help.

Buckeye

Old 06-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Bucknut
Heat pump would add about 4k to our pool price. Solar systems 2-4k depending on number of panels and vendor quoting it. We opted to not do heat initially and see how it goes this summer and into the fall. Solar comes with lots of opinions from the actual effectiveness to fears of leaks to potential storm damage. These threads are full of those debates and I don't want to start another one here but that's why we decided to just sit back and see how much desire to swim we end up having next winter. Can always add it later but can't get that money back once you spend it. Are you swimming now?

Old 06-01-2014, 10:33 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Bucknut
Heat pump would add about 4k to our pool price. Solar systems 2-4k depending on number of panels and vendor quoting it. We opted to not do heat initially and see how it goes this summer and into the fall. Solar comes with lots of opinions from the actual effectiveness to fears of leaks to potential storm damage. These threads are full of those debates and I don't want to start another one here but that's why we decided to just sit back and see how much desire to swim we end up having next winter. Can always add it later but can't get that money back once you spend it. Are you swimming now?
We began swimming in our pool last weekend although was still a tad chilly but not as chilly as April. We swimm in our pool from end of May until say about Nov/Dec. we don't have a heater so we basically don't swim Four months out of the year.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 PM

Tile install started today. Brick coping will be placed between these rows of tile, per Charlotte County code. Supposed to aid people in an emergency...but it's only a 5' deep pool! No worry...it's gonna look beautiful when the brick is there. What you are seeing here is the highest of the 3 levels of raised deck behind the pool. The water line will only be to the lowest row of tile.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Big Wet Dream (pool construction from start to finish)-image.jpg  

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 PM

122 posts, read 136,703 times
It is nice to see the fun stuff being added to your pool now. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte