Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 11:55 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,216,536 times

Advertisements

The time had come, our nearly 20 year old Beagle, "Barney" had finally got so tired, he could go no longer.

He had been in and out of the vet for weeks and had been on a rollercoaster. He lost his eyesight about 7 months ago, but got around the house well and was so happy. He was in a no-kill shelter for about 10 years, then someone in Nashville took him for a few months, then returned him, then he found a loving home with us where he had spent the last several years. He was on several meds and over the past few weeks his health started to decline. He had not eaten in a few days, we had tried all of the thing the vet recommended and we even tried giving him roast beef, he wouldn't even smell it.

The time had come, we didn't want him suffering anymore, so my dad took him on Friday to the vet to have done what all pet owners hate to even think of. His heart was only beating 30 times a minute they told him, so the end was near. He got his little shot and within seconds, he was gone.

He was laid to rest in the back yard beside of his sister "Usdi" who passed away in 2006. We all are just heartbroken and despite having 3 other inside beagles, there is such an empty spot in the house. There is comfort knowing he is no longer suffering or in pain.

Barney, we love you and will miss you very much!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
You gave him a great home for many years and he knew it! So sorry for your loss. I believe he is now running the great fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Pete and Alixe were there to greet him. <<hugs>>

Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,590 times
I had a beagle, she was my first dog after I left home, her name was CoCo, she was a real hoot. She also had many aliments and I had to put her down when she was 10. Barney is now with CoCo, they are doing what beagles love to do, run...and they are in no pain, they are pups again! CoCo is the ring leader, she has shown my others the ropes, and, will do the same for your sweet Barney.

Thank you for giving Barney a home filled with love, I know that he appreciates it and will forever be looking over you from above.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,216,536 times
Thanks to all for the kind words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge