Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:12 PM

91 posts, read 180,959 times

Advertisements

Association singing Windy

Just in case you wanted to share!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:12 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniceBound View Post
I saw a report on how the salt water could do a lot of damage to the infrastructure and wiring. They were talking about the salt itself.
was that report from the media??? You know they overhype everything, don't believe what you hear from them... Sorry, just some gentle ribbing this struck me as funny!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 PM

233 posts, read 269,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
was that report from the media??? You know they overhype everything, don't believe what you hear from them... Sorry, just some gentle ribbing this struck me as funny!

LOL. I thought the same thing as I typed it. I'm complaining about the hype, yet I'm sitting here all day watching it and surfing.

I guess I can't stop watching it once I saw the loon streaking on TWC on live TV, jumping up and down with Mr Johnson bouncing around for all to see. Who knows what they will show next. .

By the way, you gotta google (utube) that before they take it down.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:31 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
LOL. I thought the same thing as I typed it. I'm complaining about the hype, yet I'm sitting here all day watching it and surfing.

I guess I can't stop watching it once I saw the loon streaking on TWC on live TV, jumping up and down with Mr Johnson bouncing around for all to see. Who knows what they will show next. .

By the way, you gotta google (utube) that before they take it down.
Yeah, funny how we hear that little voice telling us not to do something
Pity the streaker didn't listen to his, would have spared us from a sight burned into our retina that we'd rather not have

Old 08-27-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Yeah, funny how we hear that little voice telling us not to do something
Pity the streaker didn't listen to his, would have spared us from a sight burned into our retina that we'd rather not have
Well the putz had is face plastered on TV, along with Mr Johnson, so he will end up in court and may have to register now. His little, and I mean LITTLE, joke isn't going to turn out so well for him.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
I saw a report on how the salt water could do a lot of damage to the infrastructure and wiring. They were talking about the salt itself.
Good friend works for ConEd (the utility company in NYC) and yes, underground service has been the bane of her existence. Salt gets on the equipment and fries it. It's a big problem in the winter when they salt the streets and then it gets underground. Now they'll have salt water from the flooding getting in there.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
The funniest part of the twc streaker was the reporter who didn't even see it but was getting increasingly frustrated with all the people who kept running in front and behind the camera and the reaction of the studio, especially the ones in the background, when they cut back to Atlanta

Old 08-27-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Good friend works for ConEd (the utility company in NYC) and yes, underground service has been the bane of her existence. Salt gets on the equipment and fries it. It's a big problem in the winter when they salt the streets and then it gets underground. Now they'll have salt water from the flooding getting in there.
That's gonna be costly I'm sure. And a royal pain to fix.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
The funniest part of the twc streaker was the reporter who didn't even see it but was getting increasingly frustrated with all the people who kept running in front and behind the camera and the reaction of the studio, especially the ones in the background, when they cut back to Atlanta
That was a riot. The studio people were dying laughing and the on air guys were having a hard time doing their segment.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
Well, now we can all sing along with you:

The Association - Windy (1967) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVilla View Post
Thats the problem with the weather. This hurricane and Fran had the same barometric pressure. And you just don't know. It was interesting watch Greg Fishel on Thursday night. He showed the path of Irene and the water temperatures and he said that he thought the storm would weaken and not increase. But there again you just dont know what they will do.

Secondly while most of us in the Triangle haven't been impacted, the people in Wilson, Greenville and Kinston can't say the same. Therefore to them it doesnt matter that it was only a category 1 hurricane. So in a way for the Triangle it was hype, but for Wilson and others east (which are in WRAL's viewing area) it may not have been enough. I wouldnt be surprised if there were people east of Wake County but West of the Coast claiming just the opposite as you...that the TV station didnt prepare them enough.

Oh well - my husband is fed up with the hype too...when I turned it on in the car I got a Category 5 look.....They'll stop talking about it next weekend!

And in case you were wondering what song was in my head this afternoon...

Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Windy
Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy
And Windy has stor-my eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Windy has wings to fly
Above the clouds (above the clouds)
Above the clouds (above the clouds)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary