Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 12:44 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
You're doing it wrong! The dog should pull you. Just squat to keep your balance and let the dog do the hard work.
I did a couple of times! I didn't completely trust her to give me a smooth, ice-skiing ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,923,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I did a couple of times! I didn't completely trust her to give me a smooth, ice-skiing ride.
It's all about the training.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:54 PM

449 posts, read 700,199 times
Pictures... you want for pictures?

Looking down our sidewalk... I don't think I could train our dog to pull me though. But she did love running up and down the street where neighborhood kids were sledding.

We may have a night of sledding when the road really freezes up later after the bit of melting, with a bonfire in the intersection, adult beverages for the adults, the kids having fun having the streets free to play on... Waiting to hear if school is called off tomorrow. I think the roads will be worse than today.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter Storm 2/17-150217-snowday.jpg  

Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 PM

251 posts, read 515,352 times
Well....Wake County schools closed tomorrow.....

Old 02-17-2015, 02:41 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
Pictures... you want for pictures?

Looking down our sidewalk... I don't think I could train our dog to pull me though. But she did love running up and down the street where neighborhood kids were sledding.

We may have a night of sledding when the road really freezes up later after the bit of melting, with a bonfire in the intersection, adult beverages for the adults, the kids having fun having the streets free to play on... Waiting to hear if school is called off tomorrow. I think the roads will be worse than today.
a.k.a. any night in Detroit.

(Oh settle down Motor City lurkers, just funning a little)

Old 02-17-2015, 02:47 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,729,877 times
There's another storm set to come through potentially Saturday.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:48 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoodwin39 View Post
Well....Wake County schools closed tomorrow.....
I'm wondering if they'll get off on Thursday as well. The high is set to be about 17 degrees with a low of 0. If there's still ice on the road tomorrow night, I can imagine Wake County closing Thursday too as it's not going to melt.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:00 PM

449 posts, read 700,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I'm wondering if they'll get off on Thursday as well. The high is set to be about 17 degrees with a low of 0. If there's still ice on the road tomorrow night, I can imagine Wake County closing Thursday too as it's not going to melt.
The ice not melting... that's what I was thinking. If this had been a snow-mostly event, I think it would have been better for the roads.

Oh well, back to thinking about how to party come hell or high water in the streets of central Raleigh...

Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Our subdivision was plowed by TOC about 1 p.m.. They do a darn better job than our old town in NY used to do. I think those guys used to hit the bottle before jumping in the snow plow trucks.
They hit us around 2pm. And again around 3:30pm. This stuff is going to refreeze and our neighborhood will be a sheet of ice overnight, though.

We went out for a little while, just up to Starbucks. The main roads are clear, but still wet in large swaths and that will freeze, which means that my prediction that we'll have yahoos out first thing in the AM that will have wrecks because they think the road is clear is likely accurate.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:22 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,342,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They hit us around 2pm. And again around 3:30pm. This stuff is going to refreeze and our neighborhood will be a sheet of ice overnight, though.

We went out for a little while, just up to Starbucks. The main roads are clear, but still wet in large swaths and that will freeze, which means that my prediction that we'll have yahoos out first thing in the AM that will have wrecks because they think the road is clear is likely accurate.
Wow, they did not do our neighborhood at all. They are softer from people going out but it will be a disaster in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary