Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 PM

460 posts, read 1,274,619 times

Advertisements

From RAL: (in that "Just In" box)

Heavily armed Durham police have responded to a disturbance at the intersection of Shepherd and Proctor streets. Durham City Councilman Eugene Brown told WRAL that police are engaged in a standoff with a second suspect in Eve Carson's slaying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 01:57 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post

Heavily armed Durham police have responded to a disturbance at the intersection of Shepherd and Proctor streets. Durham City Councilman Eugene Brown told WRAL that police are engaged in a standoff with a second suspect in Eve Carson's slaying
I am so glad that they have managed to catch the suspects so quickly.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:48 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post

On ABC 11 they said that the stand-off is at Lakewood Ave & Shepherd Street. I think that's really close to Morehead Montessori.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,050,183 times
Default reply

No surprise at all that it was a Durham thug punk animal. Most people knew what the perps would look like. Whoever thought that she knew her killers was WAY off base. We need to bring back the ols south chain gangs as punishment for violent crimes. Oh but we cannot, because so many among us our more concerned with criminal rights than victims rights. We have to do something more than we are doing now.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
I don't know about the Chapel Hill police force but I think you also have to look at who is driving the investigation. With the homicide in my town recently, people were blaming the local police force who had the suspect in custody, then let him go due to lack of evidence and by the time they got the warrant in hand, he was long gone. The problem with blaming our local police in this case is that the worst thing that happens in this town is your mailbox get smashed or your beer gets stolen out of your fridge in the garage. Our police are more skilled at directing traffic than solving homicides. So they were taking their cues from the DA's office and THEY really screwed up the investigation.

So I don't know who is leading the CH task force on this murder but if violent crime is relatively low in CH, then the local police force might not be calling the shots.

Looks like the local police did just fine....

Also looks, as originally thought by those close to the investigation, to be random...

Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM

403 posts, read 353,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
We have to do something more than we are doing now.

I cannot agree more. We need to open our eyes and face reality. Crime is increasing everywhere and we need to end it. There are many different things that need to be done, but we cannot continue with what we are doing. We need to show youngsters a better way, create deterrents and increase penalties.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,523,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
I cannot agree more. We need to open our eyes and face reality. Crime is increasing everywhere and we need to end it. There are many different things that need to be done, but we cannot continue with what we are doing. We need to show youngsters a better way, create deterrents and increase penalties.
These kids don't care about penalties, they weren't even smart enough to stay away from a camera.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,774,315 times
Or to get the heck out of Durham when their pictures are being plastered all over the TV

Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM

403 posts, read 353,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
These kids don't care about penalties, they weren't even smart enough to stay away from a camera.

Yes, I know. It will be a multi part solution. We need to start extremely young with these kids, but in the end it is their decision to do what they did and then they must pay the price..........no excuses.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:55 PM

893 posts, read 791,533 times
It's just so simple these days for thugs to see something they want and take it. They have no morals, no conscience, no God other than things and money. Worse they have no remorse. This poor girl who was full of life and knowledge is gone because of these thugs. Put them in the gas chamber quickly and make an example for the other gang bangers to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary