Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 03:13 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,068,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
We finally got a chance to try another Alpaca (wasn't a fan of the one in the Cary area we tried a few years ago) and they will definitely be a weekly place for us! Although the recent one I went to was a bit dated inside it was very clean, the people were very friendly/helpful and the food was delicious!! We're so happy to have another place that we can go to!!

Thanks for all the recent recommendations for this place!!
So we all want to know... which one did you go to???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 04:56 PM

853 posts, read 590,415 times
Another interesting twist; the previous manager at MN's (would that be Reuben?) on Wake Forest Rd. is now at Alpaca in Brier Creek. I spoke briefly with him tonight but didn't have a chance to ask him about developments at MN's. The place was busy.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:41 AM

2,219 posts, read 2,943,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi Dad View Post
Another interesting twist; the previous manager at MN's (would that be Reuben?) on Wake Forest Rd. is now at Alpaca in Brier Creek. I spoke briefly with him tonight but didn't have a chance to ask him about developments at MN's. The place was busy.
I will have to go check it out to see if that is him!! We went to the one on Capital in Raleigh on Tuesday since we were at the store "At Home" which is right across the street from Alpacas. It was so good that we stopped in again last night and got take out :-) It's a little far from us (but so was MN's) but there's a lot of stores we go to in that area. I'll definitely have to try the BC location now (it might even be closer for us) especially if he is there!

Old 12-20-2019, 07:41 AM

We've seen him several times over the past few weeks during weekdays at the dinner hour.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:14 PM

Latest developments (or lack thereof) at Mami's on Glenwood indicate the place is dead and gone. I reported three months ago that a construction fence had been installed around the building. After a couple of weeks, signs were attached to the fence indicating that a company specializing in fire and water repairs were cleaning up the site. There was a flurry of activity for a few days and several large containers were filled with debris. Then no activity for the past 2 1/2 months.

Tonight my wife and I ate at the Alpaca at Brier Creek (crowded as always) and had a chance to speak at length with the manager, Reuben or Rene. He was previously the (or a) manager at the Wake Forest Road location of Mami's. He said that the Glenwood location would not open but didn't know what the exact details are. That's about as close to the horse's mouth as any information I've heard yet. So sad.

Meanwhile, that another Alpaca would open in the south part of town (I think that's where).

Old 03-10-2020, 09:32 PM

2,219 posts, read 2,943,696 times
Quote:

Meanwhile, that another Alpaca would open in the south part of town (I think that's where).
I wish it was going to be in Northern Wake County :-( Thanks for the update though!

Old 03-21-2020, 03:12 PM

Read on the web that the next Alpaca will be in Garner.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:26 AM

Here's the latest as per the N&O. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/30726...app_share&s=i3

The article says they had no insurance on the Glenwood Ave. location. A restaurant with an open charcoal oven and no insurance? Total stupidity. As I previously posted, incompetent management.

Old 06-28-2023, 09:41 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,733,349 times
Quote:
Here's the latest as per the N&O. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/30726...app_share&s=i3

The article says they had no insurance on the Glenwood Ave. location. A restaurant with an open charcoal oven and no insurance? Total stupidity. As I previously posted, incompetent management.
Whomever in that family made the call to not have insurance should be ousted from the business. That's categorically unacceptable in that industry.

Old 06-28-2023, 10:35 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,068,781 times
I guess being first isn’t everything. Look at Alpaca’s success. Yes I know the story.

Read that article. Nothing makes sense. “We have to sell our headquarters to expand?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary