Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,545,044 times

Advertisements

I think it's burning again, today, per what I thought I just heard on radio scanner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 12:31 PM

853 posts, read 589,353 times
Drove around the building today and saw no visible evidence of the fire. Of course, it was closed so I didn't go inside. There was no sign of activity around.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:07 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,659,477 times
And this is terrible news. Just last Friday, after months of wondering when they would ever open, Mami’s opened on Glenwood Avenue on the way to the airport near the intersection with Duraleigh. That’s the good news. The bad news is the very next day they suffered an electrical fire that leaves it closed indefinitely. Keep up with any news on their Facebook page.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:51 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
And this is terrible news. Just last Friday, after months of wondering when they would ever open, Mami’s opened on Glenwood Avenue on the way to the airport near the intersection with Duraleigh. That’s the good news. The bad news is the very next day they suffered an electrical fire that leaves it closed indefinitely. Keep up with any news on their Facebook page.
We know, read past posts.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,063,301 times
You know both Mami Nora locations have problems. Flood or fire. Maybe change the name to Alpaca?

Old 01-26-2019, 04:15 PM

495 posts, read 1,078,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
You know both Mami Nora locations have problems. Flood or fire. Maybe change the name to Alpaca?
Or better yet, operate like Alpaca. The Mami Nora on Wake Forest Road is always really disorganized, sticky tables and floors, and food takes forever to come out. Placing an online takeout order has to be done 45 min - 1 hour in advance. Whereas Alpaca is quick serve/Chipotle style where you cue up and get your food immediately. Tastes better too.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:24 PM

Didn't want to go to Alpaca the first time b/c had bad experience at Mami Nora's. Turned out Alpaca was great.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:43 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
Or better yet, operate like Alpaca. The Mami Nora on Wake Forest Road is always really disorganized, sticky tables and floors, and food takes forever to come out. Placing an online takeout order has to be done 45 min - 1 hour in advance. Whereas Alpaca is quick serve/Chipotle style where you cue up and get your food immediately. Tastes better too.
I have to disagree on a couple things.

First, we get takeout probably at least 3 times a week from Mami's and it has never been more than 15-20 minutes. And secondly Mami's tastes WAY better than Alpaca. However something has changed in just the last couple weeks (food taste) so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm hoping that it is just a "blip" maybe due to all the stress of what happened at the other place. But I noticed we don't see the older gentlemen there (I think Ruben) and we always noticed when he was there the food was fantastic but when he was not there it was not as good (but still better than Alpaca).

Old 01-26-2019, 11:06 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,593,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
First, we get takeout probably at least 3 times a week from Mami's and it has never been more than 15-20 minutes. And secondly Mami's tastes WAY better than Alpaca. However something has changed in just the last couple weeks (food taste) so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm hoping that it is just a "blip" maybe due to all the stress of what happened at the other place. But I noticed we don't see the older gentlemen there (I think Ruben) and we always noticed when he was there the food was fantastic but when he was not there it was not as good (but still better than Alpaca).
I live nearby and I've noticed the quality at Mami's going slightly downhill recently. Also, now they have signs posted everywhere about all the stuff they'll nickel and dime you for (like extra sauces etc...). Last time I went, the fountain drink machine wasn't working. The Alpaca's seem to have a leg up right now IMO.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:14 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree. I have been to one Mami's two years ago and two Alpaca's in the last year. None of them were perfect but the Brier Creek was the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary