Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 03:13 PM

750 posts, read 853,084 times

Advertisements

I’ve been so many times I can’t count. Never stood in a line to check out - maybe one person in front. Some stuff is way cheaper than HT. I’ve eaten at Asian bar and salad bar. It’s a great store! 9 am good time to go and 1pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 06:59 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Went to check it out today for lunch around 1:00. Place was mobbed but the staff were definitely keeping their cool.

Would never be able to do grocery shopping mid-day on a weekend there but the hot bar, coffee place, and bakery were on point.

The parking/driving situation there is awful. I can't imagine what they were thinking with the design of that parking garage and the road patterns. There is THREE WAY stop sign to turn out. WTF is that? Did one of the signs fall down or did they try to add an element of extreme danger and anticipation just to round out the experience?

Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
ALWAYS exit out the back to Industrial and down to Six Forks (PS - that was only for you and fellow natives)

I also think I realize who are the kind of folks who leave their carts wherever is convenient for THEM in the parking lot. I thought the Taj Mah-teeter was bad.

However, since I was doing a Costco run, I chose Wegmans again today instead of traipsing further. They did have Texas Pete (and the Franks & Crystal ) and they did have scallops back in stock at $17/lb. They were sold out of "mahbled rye" though

Old 10-13-2019, 07:53 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
I've been to Wegman's several times now and have never had an issue entering or exiting. I turn onto Wake Towne Dr and bust a right into the top level of the parking deck and always find a spit with ease, front row spots a few times. Exit the same way, make a left onto Wake Towne Dr and then I go right on WF Rd. At rush hour it might take 2 light cycles to get on WF Rd but other than that no problems for me. Exiting via Industrial to Six Forks nearly doubles the time it takes me to get home.

I did my weekly grocery trip yesterday at around 2PM and it was crowded but perfectly manageable and maneuverable. I love it!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:25 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
I went around 7:30pm after gym. This was probably my 6th or 7th visit so far. The store was crowded but not ridiculous. Left there feeling totally satisfied with my purchases.

That store is somewhat of a destination and an attraction in this area now. There seems to be people visiting from all over the state shopping with oohs and ahhs all over the place.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:45 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
So, have there been any new support groups newly created in the Triangle for the Wegmans addicts, like a Wegmans Anonymous, just kidding, but not really!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:47 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
The 3 way stop is because they don't want traffic backing out to Wake Forest Road if it was converted to a 4 way stop. I agree it's not ideal but that's how it was laid out. I also make use of the Industrial Drive entrance.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:25 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I turn onto Wake Towne Dr and bust a right into the top level of the parking deck and always find a spit with ease, front row spots a few times.
A little weird, but it's 2019 so I won't kink-shame. You do you, bro.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:58 AM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
I went around 7:30pm after gym. This was probably my 6th or 7th visit so far. The store was crowded but not ridiculous. Left there feeling totally satisfied with my purchases.

That store is somewhat of a destination and an attraction in this area now. There seems to be people visiting from all over the state shopping with oohs and ahhs all over the place.
It's been fun reading the reactions of all of you Wegmans newbies!

Old 10-14-2019, 07:11 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
I went for the first time last night and found lots of parking spaces. Getting in and out was also a breeze!

Inside I found the sushi and hot and cold bar areas to be crowded but the aisles were not bad at all. Check out was also quick and easy. There were only two people in front of me and then an employee came up to us and told us the next line was just opened and we could move over there.

Choices AND prices were actually really good. I have to eat strictly gluten free now due to Celiac Disease so this made me very happy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary