Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 05:17 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,266,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I'm not paying Harris Teeter for that service, especially when there may be subsitutions or things flat out not available. And I doubt people are going to the store to cook a steak on the grill because they are bored, more likely they didn't stock up on food for whatever reason (not paying attention, economics, storage issues) and they need something for dinner. It's not that easy to stock up now.
It's $5 per visit or $17 a month. Well worth it in my opinion to avoid going to a grocery store these days especially if protecting others is as important as everyone says. And to those that said you couldn't get a slot, yeah you need to order a week or two in advance but again, it's fine once you get the hang of it and worth it to not step foot in a grocery store.

I'll respectfully disagree about people going to the grocery store to pick up non-necessities. The grocery store is considered one of the few places that it's "ok to go to". I'm sure there's plenty of people going in and picking up that must have beer and wine for their "social distanced culdesac parties".

Old 04-19-2020, 05:55 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
We’ve been doing HT express and it’s been fine so far. We put an order in the same day we pick up. There’s nothing that we can’t go a week without. We still haven’t bought a single roll of toilet paper or paper towels, but we are starting to get low.
Which HT are you shopping at? The five stores closest to me never have anything closer than a week out.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Which HT are you shopping at? The five stores closest to me never have anything closer than a week out.
What I meant is the day we pick up, we place our next order.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:06 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
What I meant is the day we pick up, we place our next order.
Oh, okay. That makes sense. LOL

Old 04-19-2020, 06:38 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Of course that's not what I said in the previous post, because I hardly put any information there at all, and making a general statement.
You can try to deny what you said, but its right there for everyone to read. Just to remind you, since you obviously need a reminder, you said:

"Viruses are particles that are very small..."

So yes, as everyone can see, thats EXACTLY what you said. Its really dumb to deny things that you put into print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Your reply doesn't surprise me though, you always need to get the last word in, just like that person BC1960.
No idea what that means, sorry. Why wouldn't I respond to a comment directed at me, especially when its false or misleading? And if you're such a sensitive snowflake that you can't take having your opinion or comments challenged then maybe this forum isn't for you.

"That person BC1960"? What is that?

Last edited by Edward Teach; 04-19-2020 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 08:08 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
I'll respectfully disagree about people going to the grocery store to pick up non-necessities. The grocery store is considered one of the few places that it's "ok to go to". I'm sure there's plenty of people going in and picking up that must have beer and wine for their "social distanced culdesac parties".

It's mostly old people. It's their "get out of the house" time and they don't understand that no one is getting out of the house now. My mother calls me up "what are you doing today?" I'm doing the same thing as everyone else, staying in my house. Why this is so hard for that generation is truly mysterious. I finally drove my kids over there yesterday so my parents could stand on their driveway and shout at them while we sat in the car. I couldn't take the complaining anymore.

Thanks for the tip about the steak tips (ha ha) never thought to go over there and my kids love them.

ETA just saw an article that unionized markets are considering banning customers and doing curbside only as too many people continue to go to markets.

Last edited by twingles; 04-19-2020 at 08:18 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
It's mostly old people. It's their "get out of the house" time and they don't understand that no one is getting out of the house now. My mother calls me up "what are you doing today?" I'm doing the same thing as everyone else, staying in my house. Why this is so hard for that generation is truly mysterious. I finally drove my kids over there yesterday so my parents could stand on their driveway and shout at them while we sat in the car. I couldn't take the complaining anymore.

Thanks for the tip about the steak tips (ha ha) never thought to go over there and my kids love them.
Someone on my Facebook today was showing off their chili, which they openly said they had to go out to BJ's to buy all the ingredients. And that's someone from MA, where it's much worse than here. Even more amazing is I think this person is at risk.

The BM pre-marinated tips are a little pricey at I think $14/lb. Definitely worth it though - the maple bourbon is my favorite. Only weird thing about their curbside is they need 3 hours, so plan ahead.

Quote:
ETA just saw an article that unionized markets are considering banning customers and doing curbside only as too many people continue to go to markets.
Seems like a good idea to me...

Old 04-19-2020, 08:31 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Supermarkets closing to people going inside would also solve the hoarding problem.

I've heard that lines to get into supermarkets are the norm in NY would guess the Boston area is the same...but my DH did say BJ's has been by far the best shopping experience here.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:02 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Saw there was a guy in Australia who tried to return $10,000 worth of toilet paper because Amazon/eBay had his account taken down for price gouging......

Old 04-19-2020, 10:28 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
You can try to deny what you said, but its right there for everyone to read. Just to remind you, since you obviously need a reminder, you said:

"Viruses are particles that are very small..."

So yes, as everyone can see, thats EXACTLY what you said. Its really dumb to deny things that you put into print.

No idea what that means, sorry. Why wouldn't I respond to a comment directed at me, especially when its false or misleading? And if you're such a sensitive snowflake that you can't take having your opinion or comments challenged then maybe this forum isn't for you.

"That person BC1960"? What is that?

Incorrect. My previous post said that wearing a cloth mask does reduce the risk, but not by much. That's because it's a fact that viruses are small and go through cotton fibers.

Not sure what you are getting at here. But it's exactly what BC1960 does so I'm not surprised.

No wonder people think you are annoying - you nitpick every single word in a post, can't get beyond what is actually written there, and won't let it go. Hey, now is a good time to get back in touch with your undergrad friends that hate you because you always had to have the last word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary