Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 07:13 PM

628 posts, read 399,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

For NC, I'm using NCDHHS data. If you've found Wake County testing/demographic data - I've been looking for it myself, so I'm sue we'd all appreciate your contribution.

The highest case rate testing EVERYBODY we would expect (it has gone down on average over time) is 7%. You're talking about testing every single person in NC after all. So far, they've been testing symptomatic, front-liners, crowded employers, congregate living, and the anxious/curious.

You want to use a higher %? Go for it, just tell us how you chose the number, and extrapolate away.
All i want to know is, since when .1% the same as 7%. Because thats literally what you said. Please explain.

And here are the NCDHHS numbers: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard/testing

As all can see, you're NOT using them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 07:16 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
the CURRENT rate of infection in Wake Co is < 1%.

IF you tested every Wake Co resident (your qualifier) AND they tested positive at what would be a very high rate (7%) testing 100% of people, THEN it would be 77,000.

Jack Sparrow next?
PeeDee the Pirate?
Calico Jack?

Last edited by BoBromhal; 05-26-2020 at 07:39 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 07:18 PM

140 posts, read 87,883 times
Quote:
I just want to make sure to quote this, so you can't erase it.

Wherever you got your highest level of math, if they didn't teach you how to use a calculator, please let the rest of us know so we can steer our children elsewhere.

77,000/1,100,000 = 7% every day, and twice on Sundays.
Hilarious!!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:25 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,059,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I use Facebook but mainly for some interest groups (nothing extremist by any stretch of the imagination). I'm a big proponent of finding tools to customize my social media experiences like cutting out ads, stopping recommendations, blocking any mention of certain topics (politics is one of them), trimming away most of Facebook flotsam. There are lots of tech tools out there and I run multiple ones: browser plug-ins, ad blockers, privacy, etc.

Literally no 'Russian bot' will reach me because I block everything I can. I even have elements of C-D blocked so I see a minimalist design. Anything that moves, any carousel of rotating pics -- instant blockage.
All that stuff is great. Making yourself secure online is always a plus.

The issue (for me) with Facebook was no matter how private I made my stuff, I was only as secure as the weakest link in my network. So I could accept that “what I put out there†wasn’t mine anymore once I did so...but when a crazy aunt who isn’t web savvy links her Facebook to Netflix or some BS gambling game or some stupid survey she took about what her Greek Goddess name would be, and her actions allows third parties to then scrape her data as well as anyone in her network regardless of their privacy settings, I was good.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:33 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Quote:
the confusion continues. Is it OK that I literally - and I do mean LITERALLY - lol'd at someone on their 3rd username in a year calling someone else a troll?
You have to admire the tenacity???

What's funnier is how the good behavior in the beginning quickly goes off the rails. He just can't help himself.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:39 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbender View Post
Hilarious!!

brings back old memories, or you're relatively new to the area?

Old 05-26-2020, 07:42 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,583,386 times
https://www.dailywire.com/news/500-d...ign=benshapiro

Old 05-26-2020, 07:59 PM

140 posts, read 87,883 times
Quote:

brings back old memories, or you're relatively new to the area?
Yes... I believe my welcoming to this board was a lovely response from a Mr. Edward Teach.

I admire your patience Bo.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 PM

310 posts, read 575,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
You do realize don't you that linking to articles like this has the same effect as trying to convince an atheist that God exists by quoting bible verses?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:40 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
This is the message that Reopen NC is espousing:

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/as-...ence/19115221/

They're being watched right now by law enforcement, for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary