Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 07:40 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Most of the "preventative measures" are nothing more than a feel-good measure. Like posted earlier, the lack of critical thinkers is very disheartening. Problem is those walking around with a mask actually think they're protecting their self by wearing it also think they're one of the critical thinkers. Such a shame.

Want to learn some truth? Watch the video below. And then watch how much I'm attacked for calling out a mask-wearer because it goes against what they know is "truth" and will never be able to be convinced otherwise because why? Simple. Those are the same folk who want to depend on government for guidance. I'm willing to wager most won't watch longer than the first 30 seconds just so a thought against their beliefs won't be put in their head.

https://youtu.be/W4ir6np7iCE

That Doc was full on debunked for what he said at a "ReOpen Cali" protest. Like Plandemic levels of debunked.

But if his position reinforces your confirmation bias, then more power to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 08:01 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
That Doc was full on debunked for what he said at a "ReOpen Cali" protest. Like Plandemic levels of debunked.

But if his position reinforces your confirmation bias, then more power to you.

Gotta say...
After watching the Doc's political screed, I perused the video list on the right of my screen.
The closest I came to clicking was the "Rat Jumps on Guy's Foot" video.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:05 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
A doctor out of university of Wisconsin wrote a really great balanced non alarmist piece that you can find if you google. His name is Dr Stein. It’s very long and he’s a cardiologist but it’s full of really good info. Someone posted it on my Nextdoor site today.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:12 AM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
One thing I am keenly interested to see is how once things open, how well establishments and customers observe sensible precautions.

Today I walked by some restaurants to see them open in full swing. Whether or not I go to them will depend on how well they control crowding, wear masks, etc. as well as the vibe of the customers.

I thought to distinguish this from the other useful Phase 2 thread which is already at 23 pages and growing, and, more general.

I don't plan to dine in anywhere for the foreseeable future, but I do want to know how they are operating.

If I see a restaurant exercising what I consider reasonable precautions, I'll order from them, if not, I won't. And I'll mention what I see, and am very interested in what others see.

Or, you could just mind your own business.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:19 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
This is all interesting discussion, but I'm hoping it can get back to focusing on customer and management/organizational behaviors in Phase 2 of the reopening in North Carolina. I shared my experiences and really was enjoying reading other peoples' experiences anywhere in North Carolina, not just the Triangle.
If you didn't expect this to devolve into conspiracy theory territory.....is it your first time on the internets?

Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Gotta say...
After watching the Doc's political screed, I perused the video list on the right of my screen.
The closest I came to clicking was the "Rat Jumps on Guy's Foot" video.

I mean where's the Doctor who lives in Florida who spends her off time recording QAnon videos from her vehicle when you need her?

His Gadsden Flag pin surely is there to imply he seeks the scientific truth when it comes to his practice of Medicine.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:29 AM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I mean where's the Doctor who lives in Florida who spends her off time recording QAnon videos from her vehicle when you need her?

His Gadsden Flag pin surely is there to imply he seeks the scientific truth when it comes to his practice of Medicine.

I'm not certain of what this doctors beliefs are regarding the current state of medicine, but today's scientific communities answer to healthcare is pharmaceuticals. Should we blindly believe the "experts" who peddle pharma as the solution?

Old 05-25-2020, 08:37 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
I'm not certain of what this doctors beliefs are regarding the current state of medicine, but today's scientific communities answer to healthcare is pharmaceuticals. Should we blindly believe the "experts" who peddle pharma as the solution?
Should we believe a president who does the same?

(I don't disagree with you, BTW, and don't believe that the law prohibiting prescription drugs from being on tv commercials ever should have been changed).

Old 05-25-2020, 08:40 AM

563 posts, read 956,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryHeel View Post
Certainly the conspiracy and pseudoscience sites are more obvious about it. I’ve heard it said that facts have a liberal bias, which makes them ‘fake news.’ But, that doesn’t mean a news source that prides itself on facts couldn’t also be showing bias through story selection, use of loaded words to appeal to emotion or stereotypes, omission of certain information that might be contrary to the point they are making,etc. Whether from the left or the right, approaching what should be objective news reporting with any type of political bias can affect the integrity of the story.
I am not sure if you are joking or if you actually believe what you said, but facts do NOT have a liberal bias or make any political statement. The fact that you think that they do and therefore are "fake news", tells me which political party you prefer. Fake news is fabricated news that consists of misinformation, propaganda, and hoaxes.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:46 AM

1,462 posts, read 659,873 times
We could have fun and have a fact checking contest. The fact checker that got stuck with one news station in particular would be mighty busy compared to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary