Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 06:14 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I believe this is the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary forum, not the Western North Carolina one? I mean, I am glad you don't care about Covid and all that, but it might be a better idea for you post about that in the forum for the area where you live.

As for me, my dad is in a skilled nursing facility so we are very cautious with the possibility of exposing ourselves even though we are vaccinated and boostered. It will just be the husband, our son, my sister and me. I have pre-ordered a turkey breast (uncooked) and some sides (cooked) from Fresh Market and have a pie on order from a locally owned bakery. What I didn't pre-order (cranberry sauce and green bean casserole) I have already gotten the ingredients for. Last year we didn't invite my sister, it was just husband, son and me.
So the rule is no one who lives outside the Triangle can post in here? Good to know. Sorry prospective NJ transplants. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
So the rule is no one who lives outside the Triangle can post in here? Good to know. Sorry prospective NJ transplants. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Only people from outside the Triangle that have the same opinions can post here I think

Old 11-14-2021, 06:40 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Thread was chugging along fine until this, but there's always someone who feels the need to spread their own brand of bitterness...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
We are having family and a few friends who don't have anyone to spend Thanksgiving with for various reasons.

We have no restrictions whatsoever. No masks, neither are we concerned about ”vaccination” status. That being said, a few elderly family members, and a few others that will be attending have had the vaccine(s). Their choice for their individual risks and health assessments.

We are not afraid - not afraid last year either, and a few of us, including myself, have had the Covid-19 virus in the interim since then. Fully recovered, feeling great, all of us.

Thanks to God and prayers for an end to this madness.
I think hertfordshire said it best in this post https://www.city-data.com/forum/59372035-post42.html:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
This narrative that if you're taking precautions and minimizing exposure to the virus, you must be hiding and living in fear is complete and utter BS. Are you living in fear when you put on a seatbelt? Are you living in fear if you wear a helmet to ride a bike or motorcycle? When you hold the handrail while going down stairs? Put on sunscreen? Change the batteries in your smoke detector? No. It's called mitigating risks. It's smart and responsible behavior. And I'm tired of people condescendingly suggesting that I'm hiding or living in fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I’m tired of this “sheep” BS too
Amen to you both. The other person, not so much.

And FTR, anyone who thinks this "madness" is over is delusional. Let's see what the numbers look like after Thanksgiving Christmas, and New Years, then maybe we can take a sigh of guarded relief.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:46 PM

Back on track -

For those who have gone the Whole Foods or Weaver Street Market route in the past, do you know if and if so, when they sold out?

We have no need of the bigger packages so would be better off buying a smaller set of dishes close to the date, but don't want to cut it too close.

We did this with Wegmans last year or the year before, and they ran out of some things, and while ok, I think another place would have better things.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:55 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Thread was chugging along fine until this, but there's always someone who feels the need to spread their own brand of bitterness...

I think hertfordshire said it best in this post https://www.city-data.com/forum/59372035-post42.html:

Amen to you both. The other person, not so much.

And FTR, anyone who thinks this "madness" is over is delusional. Let's see what the numbers look like after Thanksgiving Christmas, and New Years, then maybe we can take a sigh of guarded relief.
Exactly. It's tiresome and it's fine if they want to spread their Covidness wherever they live, but why come to a part of C-D where they don't live (and don't plan on living) to post this kind of thing?

Old 11-14-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Exactly. It's tiresome and it's fine if they want to spread their Covidness wherever they live, but why come to a part of C-D where they don't live (and don't plan on living) to post this kind of thing?
Not for nothing, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be upset that they stopped by if they agreed with you. It's ok for people to have differing opinions.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Right, and unless it's about Thanksgiving, rather than here they are invited to post such stuff in https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...tics-read.html

Old 11-14-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Right, and unless it's about Thanksgiving, rather than here they are invited to post such stuff in https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...tics-read.html
The title of the thread is Thanksgiving and Covid. The poster stated what they were doing for Thanksgiving, and then stated they had no restrictions due to Covid.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:11 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Not for nothing, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be upset that they stopped by if they agreed with you. It's ok for people to have differing opinions.
Pretty much. But hey, that’s where we are today. Say what you want as long as I agree with it. Otherwise I’ll silence you. Carry on.

I got a 12 lb fresh turkey this year! Weeeeeeeeee!

Old 11-14-2021, 07:14 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Back on track -

For those who have gone the Whole Foods or Weaver Street Market route in the past, do you know if and if so, when they sold out?

We have no need of the bigger packages so would be better off buying a smaller set of dishes close to the date, but don't want to cut it too close.

We did this with Wegmans last year or the year before, and they ran out of some things, and while ok, I think another place would have better things.
I know you can still place an order online with Whole Foods. And you don't have to buy a package meal. You can order a la carte (I usually do). But I would definitely order ahead of time. Don't wait too long.

(BTW, I recommend the cider roasted brussels sprouts with pepitas and the roasted butternut squash with cranberries and sage)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary