Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 07:37 PM

18,107 posts, read 15,683,109 times

Advertisements

Tis the season. Tempers are short, anger is in abundance.

I'm not isolating this year. Heading 2 hrs away to join in the festivities.

Last year I picked up turkey & sides from Boston Market. It was not quite as advertised, and I won't do that again. Whole Foods does have a nice spread if one isn't in the mood to cook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 04:42 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
Driving to Florida - I got my Pfizer booster on Saturday (former heavy smoker, so was allowed though under 65). So feeling nicely protected and will see some elderly relatives. Last year there was a large family zoom call, which was actually really fun in a way. I also went to Florida last year in October but this year will do the inside things I didn't want to do last year, pre-vaccine.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:15 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,585,622 times
covid is over. Except for our governor who keeps a hold on his emergency powers.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:19 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
covid is over. Except for our governor who keeps a hold on his emergency powers.
According to whom?

Old 11-15-2021, 06:32 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,553 times
We are having take out from Irregardless. So glad to still have this establishment in Raleigh!

Old 11-15-2021, 06:33 AM

873 posts, read 1,017,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Bull to all of this. That's the strongest C-D will allow me to refute you without getting banned.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'll be going to Apex to a quiet gathering with my stepsister and her family. She works at Rex, so I'm pretty sure everyone is vaccinated, and it's just going to be immediate family. So I feel safe and confident and happily looking forward to this year's Thanksgiving.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:04 AM

1,326 posts, read 725,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Back on track -

For those who have gone the Whole Foods or Weaver Street Market route in the past, do you know if and if so, when they sold out?

We have no need of the bigger packages so would be better off buying a smaller set of dishes close to the date, but don't want to cut it too close.

We did this with Wegmans last year or the year before, and they ran out of some things, and while ok, I think another place would have better things.
I've never had a problem with Weaver Street Market being sold out of anything as long as I've preorder the week before, and maybe even just a few days before some years. I just pick it all up on Wednesday. In years past, they've always had plenty of sides and desserts still available to buy that day too. I've never been disappointed in anything I've ever gotten there.

Old 11-15-2021, 10:17 AM

333 posts, read 287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I've never had a problem with Weaver Street Market being sold out of anything as long as I've preorder the week before, and maybe even just a few days before some years. I just pick it all up on Wednesday. In years past, they've always had plenty of sides and desserts still available to buy that day too. I've never been disappointed in anything I've ever gotten there.

Pretty much the same for me picking up at Weaver St in Southern Village. I've preordered the essentials, and picked up a few more things when I pick up. There may not be some of everything they had advertised, but plenty of choice nonetheless.

This year will be a major improvement over last year as we are having family over, with everyone vaccinated and boosted except for the babies.

Old 11-15-2021, 04:32 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I believe this is the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary forum, not the Western North Carolina one? I mean, I am glad you don't care about Covid and all that, but it might be a better idea for you post about that in the forum for the area where you live.

I have been on this forum for a decade longer than you have. I'm pretty sure I understand how the forum works by now.

As long as the post does not abuse the guidelines of the City Data Forum terms, anyone is entitled to post in any thread, regardless of where they live.

If you are unclear about that, you are free to check with one of the moderators.

Incidently, I received quite a few positive reps on my post. As several have stated in the preceeding posts, I'm sure my comments would have been completly welcomed by you regardless of where I live if they fell in lockstep with your own viewpoints on the Thanksgiving holiday and how it should be celebrated in relation to the Covid-19 situation.

Differences in opinion are allowed to be expressed here. That's what makes the forum such a good one.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:11 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I have been on this forum for a decade longer than you have. I'm pretty sure I understand how the forum works by now.

As long as the post does not abuse the guidelines of the City Data Forum terms, anyone is entitled to post in any thread, regardless of where they live.

If you are unclear about that, you are free to check with one of the moderators.

Incidently, I received quite a few positive reps on my post. As several have stated in the preceeding posts, I'm sure my comments would have been completly welcomed by you regardless of where I live if they fell in lockstep with your own viewpoints on the Thanksgiving holiday and how it should be celebrated in relation to the Covid-19 situation.

Differences in opinion are allowed to be expressed here. That's what makes the forum such a good one.

LOL. I honestly don't care how long you've belonged to the forum. Incidentally, I received quite a few positive reps on my post, too. So?

It has nothing to do with disagreeing with what you are planning on doing, do what you want. The fact that you have to throw out the "afraid" comment shows exactly why you couldn't resist posting on this specific thread. Others also said they were getting together with family, traveling to see friends and family or having a larger gathering than last year. None of them implied that those of us who aren't doing what they are doing are "afraid". You just couldn't resist the dig. Love the "lockstep" comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary