Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2023, 12:34 AM

459 posts, read 372,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
And the related announcement about expanding the Convention Center and relocating the Red Hat Amphitheatre should keep the urbanists from being too upset about not getting a new downtown arena. I never believed that a downtown arena would happen, anyway.
If you read the news they're bring downtown to the arena so PNC area will be the new urban. So street diets, more traffic lights, Edward Mills will be pedestrianized like they're already planning for Blue Ridge. The new residents in this area will also ask the city for more measures to make the area less car-oriented. Would not surprise me if the city decides to run one of the BRT dedicated lanes down this area which will decrease road capacity for cars--by design. Highway on-ramps will have stop lights to manage traffic. Positive news for the city as it brings in revenue but for suburbanites it will be pain in the neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 07:15 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
I agree. It's just the downtown Raleigh zealots who are still scratching their heads. Of course, those folks don't understand the intense development at North Hills, either. The Blue Ridge-PNC area is shaping up like North Hills #2 -- except that instead of John Kane being in charge, it will be Tom Dundon.

Old 08-30-2023, 01:53 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
11 National Broadcasts again this year.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...fvNO7kXBA-uwvA

Old 09-04-2023, 02:57 PM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
New season schedule has been released!

Old 09-04-2023, 08:27 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
11 National Broadcasts again this year.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...fvNO7kXBA-uwvA
3 TNT and 8 ESPN+, ugh.

From what I've read on Twitter, ESPN+ has not been the winner the NHL hoped it would be.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:49 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Who knows the future of ESPN and ESPN+? ESPN the parent has lost one-quarter of its viewers as a result of migration from cable, satellite, and channelized IPTV to streaming. As Disney renews its contracts for ESPN carriage, they are deleting the restriction that ESPN cannot be made available on streaming. (The cable companies, in particular, don't like this because they believe ESPN is a key factor in retaining some number of subscribers.) I don't know what the formation of Disney sports programming will be in 10 years, but I doubt it will be the same as today.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:53 AM

Vegas! I like the deal they worked out for TV broadcasts.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/golden-kni...st-partnership

Old 09-05-2023, 08:29 AM

612 posts, read 1,279,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Vegas! I like the deal they worked out for TV broadcasts.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/golden-kni...st-partnership
That is amazing. I wish the Canes were on OTA.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-mart77 View Post
That is amazing. I wish the Canes were on OTA.

Adam Gold!! Make it happen Adam!!

Old 09-21-2023, 10:25 AM

Default Tom Dundon angling to buy an AHL Expansion Franchise?

This would be very cool.

https://www.caneshomeice.com/post/fr...xAMSUc_GtOWyU8

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-blue-jackets/

"15. The NHL and AHL are trying to sort out Carolina’s affiliate issue. Following a divorce with the Chicago Wolves, the Hurricanes are sprinkling prospects around the hockey world. “It’s not a sustainable situation going forward,” NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said last week. “Obviously, it’s going to be the reality this year and Carolina’s going to have to deal with it. But it’s not a status quo we can allow to continue.”

In August, Carolina offered to purchase/add a 33rd franchise. The AHL’s Executive Committee met a couple times to consider it, and recommended the Hurricanes be allowed to address the full Board of Governors in October. That way, every team will understand everything there is to know. There are some adamantly against the idea of an NHL/AHL imbalance. Also: the AHL’s two most recent adds — Henderson (Las Vegas) and Coachella Valley (Seattle) had an expansion fee above $10M. Will Carolina be willing to go there?"

I predict that Tom Dundon would gladly pop $10 million+ to have some control over player development in the AHL.
Locally would be great. Great for players. Great to grow the game locally as AHL play would be readily accessible and more affordable for families.
And, he bought the IceCaps named.

Dorton Arena?
More "Very Cool!" And, expensive renovations could be expected.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...BRYHbYpd-pJ-tg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary