Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 11:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
I don't think either Kane has anything to do with selling "Out Raleigh" lol

yes it's the son of the very successful developer Kane who is developing real estate throughout the city
"selling out?" I think you mean to post this on Next Door?
Now that's funny. He wasn't suggesting that Kane was trying to sell "out Raleigh",
Rather he was suggesting that Kane was "selling out" ("sell one's soul) Raleigh.

I'm not offering an opinion on if he was or was not trying to, I just had a chuckle at the understandable misinterpretation of words. Funny!

Same words, totally different meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2023, 11:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Well he *did* win.
It was 2016, not 2020.
The sign doesn't say which year lol

The fact the sign "repulses" someone probably had its intended effect.
With all due respect, anyone who sees it knows what year it refers to and it was not 2016. I can see why the sign was a visual nuisance. I do not agree with destroying it, however.

Old 08-29-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
With all due respect, anyone who sees it knows what year it refers to and it was not 2016. I can see why the sign was a visual nuisance. I do not agree with destroying it, however.
I bet he'll have a much more visually appealing sign "IF" the subject of that sign is convicted and sent away. (I doubt the latter will ever happen, as much as they want the legal system to apply equally to all, they really don't want it to apply at all to "him".)

A picture of Orange man in Orange jumpsuite on a Green lawn. Lot's of secondary colors.

Old 08-29-2023, 12:39 PM

281 posts, read 187,911 times
Quote:
Meh..."visual nuisance" or "likely accurate '24 prediction", either way, I do hope the very "tolerant" Democrat perp learns you don't shut people up and destroy their property just because you disagree with their free speech.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:45 PM

854 posts, read 419,629 times
Orange and green are pretty colors, no doubt about it. Two of my favorites. Gotta go with black and white in this one though. Video of the Tolerant Lefty Cyclist burning a Trump sign on private property, while wetting his spandex in the process? Viral around the world? Absolutely priceless.

Old 08-29-2023, 04:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Meh..."visual nuisance" or "likely accurate '24 prediction", either way, I do hope the very "tolerant" Democrat perp learns you don't shut people up and destroy their property just because you disagree with their free speech.
Trump lost the election in 2020. There were dozens of court cases, decided by members of his own party and judges he put on the bench, that confirmed his loss.

Again, I disagree with destroying someone else’s property, no matter how utterly ridiculous it is.

Old 08-29-2023, 11:02 PM

281 posts, read 187,911 times
Quote:
Trump lost the election in 2020. There were dozens of court cases, decided by members of his own party and judges he put on the bench, that confirmed his loss.

Again, I disagree with destroying someone else’s property, no matter how utterly ridiculous it is.
I never said he DIDN'T lose the 2020 election

The arson dude got his spandex panties in a wad and JUST-COULDN'T-ALLOW-THAT-SIGN!!!! lol. What it says on the sign is irrelevant. What matters is some democratic activist just decided someone else's political opinion is not allowed to be expressed on private property. And he's on the side of those 2016 folks carrying all those "Resist" signs...but turn the tables on biker guy a few years later, and now he's like "COMPLY! or face my consequences!"

We just can't even make this hypocrisy stuff up, it's crazy!

Old 08-30-2023, 06:18 AM

Quote:

The arson dude got his spandex panties in a wad and JUST-COULDN'T-ALLOW-THAT-SIGN!!!! lol. What it says on the sign is irrelevant. What matters is some democratic activist just decided someone else's political opinion is not allowed to be expressed on private property. And he's on the side of those 2016 folks carrying all those "Resist" signs...but turn the tables on biker guy a few years later, and now he's like "COMPLY! or face my consequences!"

It's funny, I have not heard one person, left or right defend this guy. He was wrong, and everyone acknowledges that. "JUST COULDN'T ALLOW IT"? and you are attaching that to Dems and calling out Hypocrisy? That is rich.

From the party who lost the election, and their leader's and his followers response was to try to bribe electors to change the result, that didn't work, so they put out misinformation that is documented that they knew was false, that didn't work, so they stormed the capital and threatened the opposition, that ALMOST worked.

People in glass houses.

At least the people on the left are able to condemn the guy who burned the sign.
They (I say "they", as I'm not really part of Team D either) condemned the rioting in cities.
They cancel their own politicians when they misbehave.

Meanwhile in Trumpland, they go after their political opponents for nothing, changting "lock her up", but then defend their leader when he's caught red-handed committing treason, and try to frame it as election fraud or political targeting (Hint, he was a target, but that's what happens when you commit crimes, we'll see if he's found guilty or not.)

From the party that says they want one legal system for all, and then cries like (rhymes with stiches) when it happens to their dear leader.

From the party of freedom, who wants to ban books that tell history, wants to prevent people from legally loving who they love, who wants to target an entire ethnicity as Thugs, Drug Dealers and Murderers.

Please don't talk about hypocrisy. THere is plenty of it on BOTH SIDES. The Dems have their fair share, the Republicans have their share too. But neither party has anything nothing like the Trumpists. They wrap themselves in a flag and then crap all over the constitution, over American Values, and personal freedom.

Just don't!

Our system is broken. Dems and Republicans are definitely a big part of the problem. But having an anti-America snake-oil salesman is not the answer.

While I can understand how patriotism might cause someone to want to burn a sign that stands for everything against America, I'll say again, it was the wrong way to go about it. Get out and vote, hope that Trump is no more successful in stealing the election that he was last time, and get on with your day.

Hypocrisy. LMAO

Old 08-30-2023, 08:23 AM

854 posts, read 419,629 times
Quote:

Don't muddy the water. A picture being worth a thousand words? It's true. It's all they'll need to see in court. Criminal and civil. It's all they've needed to see the world over. This "patriot" on film is nothing more than an intolerant wacko commiting petty vandalism on private property, becoming so aware of his own stupidity that he's literally wet his pants. It's indefensible. Literally. The only variations of this reality are taking place in an obscure North Carolina discussion forum. It's true though, one cannot make this stuff up.

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-30-2023 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-30-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Don't muddy the water. A picture being worth a thousand words? It's true. It's all they'll need to see in court. Criminal and civil. It's all they've needed to see the world over. This "patriot" on film is nothing more than an intolerant wacko commiting petty vandalism on private property, becoming so aware of his own stupidity that he's literally wet his pants. The only variations of this reality are taking place in an obscure North Carolina discussion forum.

For once we agree. (Not sure about wetting his pants, and that is not really relevant, but the rest of your post is spot-on. ) "intolerant wacko commiting petty vandalism on private property" <--correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary