Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 09:36 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Your entire position is without merit. The media shouldn't be allowed to cast this cyclist in a negative light because he's a protected class. Have I got this about right? He's straddling a road bike in full kit vandalizing a political sign!
I think the "position" is that name-calling someone and focusing on what you think is an "individual peculiarity" (did we quote you correctly?) is childish, and does not add anything to the case at this point.

While him being a cyclist was germane to the case when the perp was unknown, it no longer is pertinent. You have stated no reason for acting like a sophmoric child other than "it's your right", which is accurate.

Nobody said cyclists ARE a protected class.
Your argument about comparing them to joggers was shot down for the ridiculous statement that it was.
And I seriously doubt that you are the avid cyclist that you claim to be, as you have repeatedly added inflammatory comments that endanger cyclists to many discussions. I just can't imagine that you spend any significant amount of time on a bike, in traffic, with cars, and would still feel that way. (But if you do, that's your right).

Everyone's tiptoeing around it, but I'll go ahead and say it, because I'm tired of your crap. You are saying things (much like Donald Trump is known to do) that you can deny culpability and get away with it, but you, and everyone else who is reading it knows that you are just being childish and lashing out at easy targets like people's "peculiarities" because you don't have a real point to make. If you had a point, you'd be making it, and you'd be doing anything OTHER than detracting from your point by putting your childish behavior in the spotlight instead.

The cyclist angle became moot long ago. But keep up with it if it makes you "feel" better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 09:47 AM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think the "position" is that name-calling someone and focusing on what you think is an "individual peculiarity" (did we quote you correctly?) is childish, and does not add anything to the case at this point.

While him being a cyclist was germane to the case when the perp was unknown, it no longer is pertinent. You have stated no reason for acting like a sophmoric child other than "it's your right", which is accurate.

Nobody said cyclists ARE a protected class.
Your argument about comparing them to joggers was shot down for the ridiculous statement that it was.
And I seriously doubt that you are the avid cyclist that you claim to be, as you have repeatedly added inflammatory comments that endanger cyclists to many discussions. I just can't imagine that you spend any significant amount of time on a bike, in traffic, with cars, and would still feel that way. (But if you do, that's your right).

Everyone's tiptoeing around it, but I'll go ahead and say it, because I'm tired of your crap. You are saying things (much like Donald Trump is known to do) that you can deny culpability and get away with it, but you, and everyone else who is reading it knows that you are just being childish and lashing out at easy targets like people's "peculiarities" because you don't have a real point to make. If you had a point, you'd be making it, and you'd be doing anything OTHER than detracting from your point by putting your childish behavior in the spotlight instead.

The cyclist angle became moot long ago. But keep up with it if it makes you "feel" better.
I understand your frustration, this can't be easy for you, but every point I've made is relevant and valid and I've no reason to deny any of them. We have divergent opinions and I'm OK with it.

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-25-2023 at 10:04 AM..

Old 08-25-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
Not many mind joggers.

As noted in my earlier post in this thread, there are some who do not care for cyclists. There are motorists who are firm in their beliefs that cyclists do not belong and when approaching cyclists will drive dangerously to "teach" cyclists a lesson.

So, based on my real world cycling experience (several countries for decades), I would argue that when cyclists are put in a negative light in the news it can incite a certain segment of the population. Kane Jr's lawyer and friends in the "media" are contributors to increased dangers cyclists face.

https://twitter.com/jlawrencenc/stat...-benny-johnson

Deranged liberal sets fire to a Trump 2024 yard sign.

Sky News Australia clip making it's rounds in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFh0TrDxgPY

I would also argue that "peculiarities" are not always used to describe criminals.
You, yourself, post a video here publicly of the incident, and blame me for endangering cyclists? Look carefully at the still photo in the attached video, the right half. You posted this.

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-25-2023 at 10:01 AM..

Old 08-25-2023, 10:15 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
The only "burning" question I had is:

Who does the lawn care for the owner's house? I wouldn't likely have noticed the sign, since I tend to ignore most of them anyway, but a nicely kept lawn and landscaping captures my attention, and if I were a cyclist riding by that house, that might have me stopping to appreciate the greenery. Just keepin' it real.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The only "burning" question I had is:

Who does the lawn care for the owner's house? I wouldn't likely have noticed the sign, since I tend to ignore most of them anyway, but a nicely kept lawn and landscaping captures my attention, and if I were a cyclist riding by that house, that might have me stopping to appreciate the greenery. Just keepin' it real.
If it's the house I think it is, it's a really beautiful property (except the sign). Beautiful area with a nice, lush, green lawn.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I understand your frustration, this can't be easy for you, but every point I've made is relevant and valid and I've no reason to deny any of them. We have divergent opinions and I'm OK with it.
That's par for the course. Accurate but misleading. You have made very few, if any points, so it can't be wrong.

You still seem afraid to address what value it brings to the discussion to keep coming back to "Spandex Spark".

It doesn't help ID the Perp
It doesn't help understand why the crime was committed
It doesn't help to understand freedom of speech

Other than being childish and distracting from the apparent fact that you don't have a point at all, can you let us know why you keep name-calling him like a pre-teen child? I'm sure you have a valid reason, but you don't seem willing to share it.

I'm also OK with having divergent opinions. My frustration (as you accurately identified) is that you keep doing something that is not helpful, others have pointed out that it could be harmful, and not only do you refuse to tell us why, but you keep repeating the lie that you already have. You have not given a reason.

Whatever, you're free to believe what you want. Maybe you'll actually make a valid point if you would stick to the topic, which is the sign. (I guess I'm off topic by being frustrated with you being off topic, so "touché" to that...)

Old 08-25-2023, 11:27 AM

And
Quote:
That's par for the course. Accurate but misleading. You have made very few, if any points, so it can't be wrong.

You still seem afraid to address what value it brings to the discussion to keep coming back to "Spandex Spark".

It doesn't help ID the Perp
It doesn't help understand why the crime was committed
It doesn't help to understand freedom of speech

Other than being childish and distracting from the apparent fact that you don't have a point at all, can you let us know why you keep name-calling him like a pre-teen child? I'm sure you have a valid reason, but you don't seem willing to share it.

I'm also OK with having divergent opinions. My frustration (as you accurately identified) is that you keep doing something that is not helpful, others have pointed out that it could be harmful, and not only do you refuse to tell us why, but you keep repeating the lie that you already have. You have not given a reason.

Whatever, you're free to believe what you want. Maybe you'll actually make a valid point if you would stick to the topic, which is the sign. (I guess I'm off topic by being frustrated with you being off topic, so "touché" to that...)
You're off topic. Precisely. Please understand that my opinions are simply not subject to your approval. And name-calling me for.........name-calling? Anything else?

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-25-2023 at 11:53 AM..

Old 08-25-2023, 11:47 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
You can tell from the video he pee'd himself, too.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:48 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
If it's the house I think it is, it's a really beautiful property (except the sign). Beautiful area with a nice, lush, green lawn.
That's what I noticed in the video!

Old 08-25-2023, 04:15 PM

180 posts, read 95,947 times
Quote:
You, yourself, post a video here publicly of the incident, and blame me for endangering cyclists? Look carefully at the still photo in the attached video, the right half. You posted this.
mkay. Links posted so that others here can see what might get some riled up. The first link is tweet from Kane's lawyer. There is sooo much more out there....so many angry people.

I do think we all agree that signs on private property (come election time, public too) should be left alone. Social media....man, it catches sooo many.

Let's do our best to take care of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary