Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,808,636 times

Advertisements

To answer your question, with truly good intentions.....DO NOT COME TO North Carolina.Born and bred here...As a single 39yr old/w no kids, I am trying to relocate myself to the Southwest...preferably Phoenix(fingers crossed)..North Carolina is very conservative, very staunch. If you are into the family thing and driving your kid(s) to soccer/basketball practice..this is the state for you. Lame nightlife, lame cultural and arts scene...I encourage to come and spend at least 3-4 days here....and make your determination...Good Luck to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM

379 posts, read 959,736 times
Love, Love, Love it here! Would NEVER go back north!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:03 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
Over rated. Hmmmm over rated....o ver r-a-t-e-d...

If the following is over rated than I give it a resounding over rated certificate: 5 stars in fact!

1. Great weather.
2. Lower property taxes than NY state.
3. Family oriented.
4. Fishing and water sports.
5. Home selection.
6. Wearing short pants near year round.
7. Long spring and falls.
8. Home of the NC State Fair and the endless food.
9. Home of great college basketball well in UNC's case there is always next year.
10. Friendly people from all over the US of A living here in the triangle!

....well I must give my certificate to the perennial winner, New York State! Over rated capital of States!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Go Figure

I find that most people that relocate to this area from the North LOVE this area, while people that relocate here from the west, absolutely hate it and want to move back out west.....Go Figure.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 AM

494 posts, read 1,389,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
I find that most people that relocate to this area from the North LOVE this area, while people that relocate here from the west, absolutely hate it and want to move back out west.....Go Figure.
You hit the nail on the head,.All the people I know from the northeast feel this place is an utopia.They ask me, what was it about AZ that was so great,that makes you want to make another cross country move just to get back.I tell them spend a week there and you will see.You just can't explain it all.All I can say to them is you have know idea what your missing,but I guess if you never experienced it your'e not missing a thing.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
You hit the nail on the head,.All the people I know from the northeast feel this place is an utopia.They ask me, what was it about AZ that was so great,that makes you want to make another cross country move just to get back.I tell them spend a week there and you will see.You just can't explain it all.All I can say to them is you have know idea what your missing,but I guess if you never experienced it your'e not missing a thing.
I hear ya Samdan, Totally different vibe out there than here on the eastcoast...The couple of times that i was out there.. you could sense it....More of a laid back type feel....

Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,082 times
Have lived in Raleigh since '92 and haven't looked back. Living in or near downtown Raleigh is like living in a small town with all the restaurants, theaters, movies entertainment I could ever want. As for the weather; it's better than flat land living where the wind comes sweeping down the plains only to tip over your surrey with the fringe on top. And for the person that thinks the winters are to warm here in NC. What are you thinking?!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM

406 posts, read 788,113 times
Grim record: N.C. jobless rate reaches 11.1% - Economy - NewsObserver.com

Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 AM

Default Major saturation

Just like I have been preaching all along.....This area is saturated...Saturated with people, minus the jobs.....Realistically you are almost better off moving elsewhere trying your luck in another region of the US....There are people that I know that lost their jobs almost two years ago, were not able to secure jobs in this area....One moved to Dallas, the other moved to Denver.......Guess what they have jobs...... Now.... GO FIGURE!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:08 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,995,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Just like I have been preaching all along.....This area is saturated...Saturated with people, minus the jobs.....Realistically you are almost better off moving elsewhere trying your luck in another region of the US....There are people that I know that lost their jobs almost two years ago, were not able to secure jobs in this area....One moved to Dallas, the other moved to Denver.......Guess what they have jobs...... Now.... GO FIGURE!
Maybe, but not everybody has the flexibility to move out West. If you are looking for a combination of affordability, lifestyle, climate, education, amenities, nature and friendly people then the Triangle is still one of the best options within an 8 hour drive of NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary