Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:43 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,930,296 times

Advertisements

It depends on how they died. Someone dying of natural causes wouldn't bother me. Someone who had been murdered or had commit suicide would. I just feel like it would be a really negative space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 03:06 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Bound View Post
As long as they were gone by final walk through.

And if they are not gone by final walk through they should lose their security deposit!

Old 01-30-2016, 03:57 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
It wouldn't bother me one bit. Unfortunately, when I was in college, a repairman died of a heart attack while in my dorm room. I was away at class at the time and other students later told me about it.

I felt sorry for the poor guy, but still slept very well that night and every night after his passing.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:28 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
Yes, we did this unwittingly once. We rented an older home at one location we lived in and were ordering cable service which had to be installed up through the cellar. The cable installation man came in and looked at us then looked around the house and seemed reluctant to go into the cellar. We asked him what was wrong, and he said that nothing was wrong, just that last time somebody from his company had been there, they had found a dead body in the cellar.

Apparently one of the older residents who had lived there previously had passed away in the cellar while doing laundry and the other cable person had been her nephew. We assured the cable installation man that nobody alive or dead was in the cellar...

Old 01-30-2016, 04:32 PM

144 posts, read 43,861 times
My brother died in my home. I have no problems.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
I would put a contingency in my offer requiring a satisfactory home inspection with no bodies.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:15 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just a random thought I had, but would it be a deal breaker for any of you if you found a house you like, ideal location/good price, but there was a death within the house in the past?

Some states don't even require agents/sellers to state this fact at all, while some states like California does require you to mention it (within a 3 year window).

I don't know myself, it's not like I would necessarily ask, but the thought would creep me out, especially depending on the way the person died.

When I was selling my townhouse 20 years ago, one of the buyers actually inquired if someone died in the property.

Did the Seller Die in the House? Home Buying Questions
Back in the "old days" most people died at home...I'm not superstitious and don't believe in ghosts. I would not want to know anything about it.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:18 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,991 times
we had a friend who bought a house where a murder suicide happened. They bought it because it was cheap. They loved living in that house but their dog always growled at one particular corner of the house for no reason they could think of.

My wife said the house was probably haunted, but they didn't detect it and their daughter didn't seem to mind the odd things that happened in the house such as stuff moving around or going missing.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:39 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times
OP:

First, the way you have that written, I would call the undertaker if the house had a dead body in it, before I bought or rented.

Note: the rest here may be hoky poky to you, but:

I see dead people, or rather feel their energy patterns, or an entity that is there, if it is hanging around. No problem. SO does MOH.++

The house can be cleansed, and we cleanse every house we or family/friends have bought/rented.*^^

Friends recently bought a large mansion, and ^^we cleansed it with prayer, burning of sage and salt. There is still a mischievious, but benevolent, imp there of a boy about 5 or 6. He does things like turn on/off the TV, and move objects they swear was in one place, but later found in a different place {not to be confused with the borrowers, who bother just about anybody [they move objects too, to "borrow them", but often put them back in a place you swear you already looked]}.
There is also a farm hand {it's a farmette in farm country} on the property {a young benevolent beneficial dude who looks out for the property}. They did a lot of work on the house {we helped},and he, the boy and other entities from the property or nearby cemetery next door are overall happy with what they have done.
Their son decided to "play" with the ouija board in the basement with some friends to "see what could come up". The spirits did not like it and scared the stuffing out of him later.
They had a claw foot tub in one bathroom, with wrap around shower curtains hung from the ceiling. He was naturally alone in the shower, and the bath door was closed, no open window. Suddenly, he watched the shower curtain withdraw to the open position 3/4 way around! He was scared, not amused, and decided to swear off the ouija board!!! He had been "touched"!

I myself lived with 4 spirits, one very malevolent. He prayed upon me when I suffered depression. He also kept a woman, a boy and a girl captive. Not sure what hold he had, but it was steadfast.

When we bought this house,just after closing, MOH prayed and burned sage all around to bless the house and immediately the atmosphere was lighter, the heaviness wasn't felt much until MOH cleansed it...Since we feel no specific energies attached to the house, we assume no one died here.**

SO, i have lived with other's energy,have had others to be known to have spirits, and so YES, I would rent/buy a house.***

There is a "superstitious" suggestion that you never carry/bring an old broom to a new residence.****

++ One of the worst places is Gettysburg, PA, where one needn't be sensitive to feel the "bad energy" of the slain soldiers. Evan our one friends in the mansion, a Non-sensitive, could feel the bad energy there.
* cleansing is good for any new home.
** at least not that we feel or know of.
***As long as the mess was cleaned up.
**** get a new broom{s} for the new residence to sweep out the old bad energy.

So, I am not afraid. Nor should you be, unless inhabited by a malevolent entity/energy. Have any new place cleansed or learn how to do so yourself. Its not hard. what have you got to lose? And you could gain.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:49 PM

8,575 posts, read 12,395,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
OP:

First, the way you have that written, I would call the undertaker if the house had a dead body in it, before I bought or rented.

Note: the rest here may be hoky poky to you, but:

I see dead people, or rather feel their energy patterns, or an entity that is there, if it is hanging around. No problem. SO does MOH.++

The house can be cleansed, and we cleanse every house we or family/friends have bought/rented.*^^

Friends recently bought a large mansion, and ^^we cleansed it with prayer, burning of sage and salt. There is still a mischievious, but benevolent, imp there of a boy about 5 or 6. He does things like turn on/off the TV, and move objects they swear was in one place, but later found in a different place {not to be confused with the borrowers, who bother just about anybody [they move objects too, to "borrow them", but often put them back in a place you swear you already looked]}.
There is also a farm hand {it's a farmette in farm country} on the property {a young benevolent beneficial dude who looks out for the property}. They did a lot of work on the house {we helped},and he, the boy and other entities from the property or nearby cemetery next door are overall happy with what they have done.
Their son decided to "play" with the ouija board in the basement with some friends to "see what could come up". The spirits did not like it and scared the stuffing out of him later.
They had a claw foot tub in one bathroom, with wrap around shower curtains hung from the ceiling. He was naturally alone in the shower, and the bath door was closed, no open window. Suddenly, he watched the shower curtain withdraw to the open position 3/4 way around! He was scared, not amused, and decided to swear off the ouija board!!! He had been "touched"!

I myself lived with 4 spirits, one very malevolent. He prayed upon me when I suffered depression. He also kept a woman, a boy and a girl captive. Not sure what hold he had, but it was steadfast.

When we bought this house,just after closing, MOH prayed and burned sage all around to bless the house and immediately the atmosphere was lighter, the heaviness wasn't felt much until MOH cleansed it...Since we feel no specific energies attached to the house, we assume no one died here.**

SO, i have lived with other's energy,have had others to be known to have spirits, and so YES, I would rent/buy a house.***

There is a "superstitious" suggestion that you never carry/bring an old broom to a new residence.****

++ One of the worst places is Gettysburg, PA, where one needn't be sensitive to feel the "bad energy" of the slain soldiers. Evan our one friends in the mansion, a Non-sensitive, could feel the bad energy there.
* cleansing is good for any new home.
** at least not that we feel or know of.
***As long as the mess was cleaned up.
**** get a new broom{s} for the new residence to sweep out the old bad energy.

So, I am not afraid. Nor should you be, unless inhabited by a malevolent entity/energy. Have any new place cleansed or learn how to do so yourself. Its not hard. what have you got to lose? And you could gain.

Interesting. What does "MOH" stand for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate