Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,417,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
you'll think yourself silly for asking....
No, I don't think I'm silly...at least not for asking. I'd rather ask than assume something that was wrong. Hey, in real estate, communication is key.

Quote:
I learned it (MOH) from the acceptable internet abbreviations.
<>
Example:

OH = Other Half {there are 726 other meanings for "OH" on the net.}

MOH= My Other Half {there ARE 2,734 Other meanings for the abbreviations of "MOH", perhaps that is why you are confused?}
<>
You could have looked it up too.
Maybe that's the problem. But it's fine if you prefer to use abbreviations.
Do other MOHs (Members of Household) prefer the same?

I just know that my sister was the MOH at her best friend's wedding...and my uncle received a MOH for his service in World War II. Those abbreviations are easy. When I was into rock collecting, sometimes I dealt with MOH (Measure of Hardness).

My great Grandmother was a MOH. And I know that some "urbanites" prefer MOH. If you're so inclined, you can look those up, too.

But, silly? No, not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 08:10 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Quote:
I DIDN'T 'just come up with it".

I learned it from the acceptable internet abbreviations.

Example:

OH = Other Half {there are 726 other meanings for "OH" on the net.}

MOH= My Other Half {there ARE 2,734 Other meanings for the abbreviations of "MOH", perhaps that is why you are confused?}

See here: I googled it for you, I asked "what does the abreviation "MOH" mean?", and the first definition to come up was "My Other Half":
What does MOH mean? - MOH Definition - Meaning of MOH - InternetSlang.com

I never ran into DH until here on C-D, but quickly assumed correctly it means Dear Husband. [Doesn't apply in my case.]
I notice though, that there is no DW {Dear Wife-{or at least not used here on c-d}. {But what if the husband {of wife} isn't such a "dear", but just an "OH"?}
I will have to look it up to see.

You could have looked it up too.

Have a great weekend.
Actually, DW is very common on RV forums. So are DD, DS, SIL, DIL, DH, MIL, FIL, SO, and many other relationship descriptive acronyms. I won't be at all insulted if you don't want to bother looking up the ones you can't figure out. Just ask, and I will be glad to enlighten you.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:17 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,980,255 times
My neighbor passed away in her house. That didn't bother me as much as the fact that the step-children had left her bloodstains on the stair walls and hall floor, and her breakfast was still on the stove. (I walked in on a showing to see what they were asking and found that)

Old 01-31-2016, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 1,138,221 times
Depends how they died. If it was from natural causes in bed, or from a heart attack, freak accident, no big deal. If it was a violent death, that would bug me, especially if I found out it was caused by a break in. I don't believe in ghosts but I do worry about neighborhood safety.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:46 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Was the person brutally murdered and is their spirit inside shaking pots and pans?

It depends if it's a friendly ghost... as opposed to a demon incarnate haunting the house....

Old 01-31-2016, 11:37 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Dying is a part of living. Everyone eventually dies somewhere. I'd rather die in my home than many other places, like a crowded shopping mall, for instance. Besides, buying a home in which a person previously died doesn't bring bad juju on you or anything. That's just silly supersition, like believing in God

Old 01-31-2016, 11:57 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
I'd use the dead person as an area rug. Those things can get expensive. And if there's a dead body just laying around in the house, they might as well be useful.

Just joshin'. I wouldn't have a problem living in a house, either renting or buying, where someone had died. At least, I don't think I would. I imagine that just about everywhere you step in this world is a place where someone died at one point in time. The home I lived in for decades was situated on a former burial site. Apparently, the bodies were exhumed and relocated... except for the ones who were buried in unmarked graves; the poor ones whose families couldn't afford headstones. When we were excavating for our swimming pool, we found various trinkets and small bones. We had assumed they were animal bones, but perhaps not. (We weren't aware that we were digging where a cemetery used to be. And I realize it sounds like we never watched the movie, Poltergeist, and learned from it.)

Old 01-31-2016, 12:08 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Dying is a part of living. Everyone eventually dies somewhere. I'd rather die in my home than many other places, like a crowded shopping mall, for instance. Besides, buying a home in which a person previously died doesn't bring bad juju on you or anything. That's just silly supersition, like believing in God
Gotta spread the reps around...but I'd give again if I could!

Old 01-31-2016, 12:11 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,940,392 times
Quote:
OP:

Friends recently bought a large mansion, and ^^we cleansed it with prayer, burning of sage and salt. There is still a mischievious, but benevolent, imp there of a boy about 5 or 6.

I myself lived with 4 spirits, one very malevolent. He prayed upon me when I suffered depression. He also kept a woman, a boy and a girl captive. Not sure what hold he had, but it was steadfast.
Um, yeah, I don't think your cleansings work.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:16 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,834,812 times
Would you buy/rent a house that had a dead body in it?
Only in a very strong sellers' market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate