Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 AM

628 posts, read 286,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Water inspection passed; septic system inspection passed. Now, the bank wants to inspect before approving the loan. Then, the buyer wants to do a walkthrough right before closing.

I will be glad to get this over.
Yay!!! You are almost at the finish line, hang in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,435,935 times
You will be done soon Ma'am. Hang in there , You will have peace soon. I sold my house after divorce, and got out from a big house with memories with me only living in it!

Old 07-20-2017, 09:22 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,277,779 times
Bank has inspected. Now we are waiting to see if the buyer gets his loan. The buyer wants to make one more inspection right before the act of sale to be sure I haven't looted the place. I have a binder full of paper. When this is over, I plan to have a 'burning of the book' ceremony. After I deposit the check, of course.

I do hope I am not in the same room at the same time as the buyer. He is a little pissed that I held him to the 'as is' part of the offer to buy.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Bank has inspected. Now we are waiting to see if the buyer gets his loan. The buyer wants to make one more inspection right before the act of sale to be sure I haven't looted the place. I have a binder full of paper. When this is over, I plan to have a 'burning of the book' ceremony. After I deposit the check, of course.

I do hope I am not in the same room at the same time as the buyer. He is a little pissed that I held him to the 'as is' part of the offer to buy.
Good luck. I was supposed to close today (Thursday) but I found out Tuesday night that the buyer wanted an inspection because of something with the loan. The kicker is that they wanted me to waive the late fee of $100 a day which I did not.
I'm going to be very glad once this home sale is over. Once the house was on the market it went under contract quickly, but it's crazy how long this escrow has felt. This last minute holdup definitely added more stress. Now I have to wait for them to sign the extension , if they don't agree to pay the $100 that's in the contract there are higher backup offers...but then it's starting the process again...

Old 07-21-2017, 05:21 AM

266 posts, read 245,842 times
I have a showing today at 5:00 PM, we put our house on the market 2 days ago. What an overwhelming process, and so hard to know where to focus your energies! I just keep finding things to clean and fix... it's an older home with an addition 10+ years ago. It certainly has areas that are a bit dated, but I hope that I can overcompensate by how clean it will look.

It's a large house and lot, and too much for us as we move into our 50's!

I'm not looking forward to this process, but we have talked about it far too long.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:14 AM

20 posts, read 22,145 times
Selling here as well. Lived here for 18 years.

If some kind soul had forewarned me of the consequences of home ownership I would have NEVER bought a home (at least an older one). Replaced the roof, siding, heating, most of the plumbing and then the little things, like yard work, birds, vermin, etc. SO much headache! Can't even begin to detail how much money we've put into the house.

We are currently pending, but the buyer's inspection did not go well and they are asking for an additional $8,000 closing credit (for a total of $13,000) as they did not like that we have some knob & tube wiring (the breaker box has been updated and all of the first floor is grounded).

The house was built in 1928 without many interior upgrades (one bathroom, heating, most of the plumbing) - what did the buyer's expect?

So we countered to $4,000 additional for a total of $9,000. Haven't heard back yet. We'll see.

The whole showing and inspection process is grueling. I work from home so I can't be 'out' of the house Mon-Fri. I care little for comments - people are people - it's just the disruption that is a pain.

Whether this deal makes it or I have to go through the whole process again - the closing and possession will be one of the happiest days of my life!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:35 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I don't like "As Is" for regular residential properties. I can see for homes being sold/priced as tear-downs or flips. But for regular homes, it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the house

Why not just wait and see what the inspection turns up and negotiate then? Just a thought!
This is what I thought was done with "as is" properties, at least those to which "the right to inspect" is attached. We have bought one house and sold a couple houses (older) under that clause and we negotiated with the seller/buyer to either fix anything that came up as a problem with the inspection, or to knock off a reasonable cost to fix the problem from the sales price, so the sale could go forward.

But under the"as is with right to inspect"clause, as I understand it, the seller has the right to refuse to fix anything, and in turn the buyer has the right to walk away from the sale if he chooses.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:46 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Good luck. I was supposed to close today (Thursday) but I found out Tuesday night that the buyer wanted an inspection because of something with the loan. The kicker is that they wanted me to waive the late fee of $100 a day which I did not.
I'm going to be very glad once this home sale is over. Once the house was on the market it went under contract quickly, but it's crazy how long this escrow has felt. This last minute holdup definitely added more stress. Now I have to wait for them to sign the extension , if they don't agree to pay the $100 that's in the contract there are higher backup offers...but then it's starting the process again...
Isn't it a traditional part of a house sale to allow the buyer to have a walk-through of the property just before closing? Maybe that's what your buyer means by "inspection". That's generally (at least in my experience), done with both the buyer's and seller's realtors, lets the buyer see that you haven't ripped out all the cabinets, appliances etc etc, and that's the last he should be allowed inside before closing-so he can't rip out the cabinets and appliances and claim you did it, and so on.

That walk through is different from house inspections, though, which at least in my experience are done by professionals (not the buyer) just after the contract is signed.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:33 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Isn't it a traditional part of a house sale to allow the buyer to have a walk-through of the property just before closing? Maybe that's what your buyer means by "inspection". That's generally (at least in my experience), done with both the buyer's and seller's realtors, lets the buyer see that you haven't ripped out all the cabinets, appliances etc etc, and that's the last he should be allowed inside before closing-so he can't rip out the cabinets and appliances and claim you did it, and so on.

That walk through is different from house inspections, though, which at least in my experience are done by professionals (not the buyer) just after the contract is signed.
I just realized that was a typo .. I meant extension rather than inspection .

I have heard of the final walk through . Things are back on track now . They are going to pay $100 day for the extension and they have already released their deposit to me and it's in my bank now which is nice .

I definitely have more peace of mind now , but I'll be happy when it's over .

I can imagine things would be more stressful for people that had their home on the market for months and months .

I first started talking to realtors in March but what took time too was just getting everything out of the house and getting some work done to it , paint etc .

Old 07-25-2017, 08:49 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,277,779 times
When this is over and done with, I think I will look for a nice place TO RENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate