Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 07:30 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Keep in mind that he may have information from the governing bodies that you are unaware of that prevents them from re-opening the pool at this time.
I wish I could post the two "dog ate my homework" emails and the Facebook conversation. And this is a person I have liked. I think the combination of teaching this past year and the amount of whining during a normal pool season has gotten to him. The fact that he admittedly lied about contacting "elected officials" and blamed it on the premature release of the email speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 07:39 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,097,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Our pools are fully opened..what city are you in. It’s ridiculous they can’t open the pools, even if they cut how many are allowed at a time. I would send email to HOA president with the coy of legislatiors email.

OP said it was a part that was needed that kept the pool closed. That doewsn't have anything do with number of people allowed to use the pool. If a part of the filter system is broken and can't operate that would be a problem pandemic or no pandemic.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
OP said it was a part that was needed that kept the pool closed. That doewsn't have anything do with number of people allowed to use the pool. If a part of the filter system is broken and can't operate that would be a problem pandemic or no pandemic.
The pump is not broken. The regulations require its replacement even though functional. At least that's what they are telling us.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:53 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,097,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The pump is not broken. The regulations require its replacement even though functional. At least that's what they are telling us.

I assumed that saying it needed replacement meant it was broken

But if the regulations require its replacement there must be a reason. It doesn't filter to the degree required?, Doesn't exchange the water often enough?

Does the regulation requiring its replacement allow for temporary operation with mitigating conditions? Who's regulations? The Health department? Is this a new requirement or they found the pump didn't meet an existing requirement?

Our town has a project to upgrade our sewage pumping station on hold because the pump and equipment we need will take 6 months to be delivered. This project was planned two years ago, was delayed when Covid diverted the qualified contractors to emergency projects. Now the equipment isn't available due to component shortages. Just part of the economy that stalled out for a year.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Does the regulation requiring its replacement allow for temporary operation with mitigating conditions? Who's regulations? The Health department? Is this a new requirement or they found the pump didn't meet an existing requirement?

Our town has a project to upgrade our sewage pumping station on hold because the pump and equipment we need will take 6 months to be delivered. This project was planned two years ago, was delayed when Covid diverted the qualified contractors to emergency projects. Now the equipment isn't available due to component shortages. Just part of the economy that stalled out for a year.
I just read the neighborhood Facebook page. The HOA head said he would "think about" applying for a temporary exemption.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:15 PM

6,484 posts, read 10,357,154 times
As per the original thread title, you are asking too much. Out of your frustration that the gym and pool are not available, you are lashing out and it is completely unproductive. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, hire an attorney to represent you and your interests. If you got enough homeowners in your HOA who feel the same as you, you might have more influence in the matter. Good luck with that.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
As per the original thread title, you are asking too much. Out of your frustration that the gym and pool are not available, you are lashing out and it is completely unproductive. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, hire an attorney to represent you and your interests. If you got enough homeowners in your HOA who feel the same as you, you might have more influence in the matter. Good luck with that.
My own feeling that I have expressed is that opening and operating the facilities should be the job of the already hired management company and not volunteers. I think that the volunteers are overtaxed, trying to run their everyday lives as well as a 250 household neighborhood. That is why we hired a management company, but probably we accepted a low bid and don't have a contract that includes enough.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:27 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
I just read the neighborhood Facebook page. The HOA head said he would "think about" applying for a temporary exemption.

If I were you, I'd make a Facebook group and invite the neighbors to post there. Make it a private FB group so that you do not get everyone reading what you're talking about, and when you have everyone there, change the private setting to a secret group.

I run one for homeowners of my development, it is great for this kind of needing to communicate with everyone. It's also great to get referrals to restaurants and doctors, and also posting about school things.

I allow 2 homeowners or renters per house. When they request to join, they have to provide their address. I have a neighbor that's a realtor that verifies their names and the addresses they give me. I made a Gmail account years ago for the development. In it, I use the contacts to write down everyone as they ask to join the FB group so I have it on file in case someone gets in that shouldn't be there. I'm clueless why non residents want to be a part of the group but they do. I've had siblings try to join. Thankfully another neighbor saw them. Some how a teen got through, he had given me the address, didn't have a profile pic so I can see how old he was. he started a lawn business, someone posted about them, he happened to reply and got booted real quick.

Once you get the group started, make a post for only the pool, then another post about the gym since there will be different reasons each are not open. You can take it one further and go to a petition site to make an online petition for everyone to sign, then print it out and give it to the "mighty board member" who's making up stuff. Is it true that someone else sent the email before they were ready to send it?

I don't know what state you live in but NJ has been pretty strict with COVID closings. The governor has relaxed everything, even the mask law. I thought only vaccinated people could go without a mask but that's not how the new mandate is worded. Everyone can go without. They're just asking unvaccinated consider keeping their masks on. Look at what the CDC has said.

What does your government legally say? Does your township have any of their own rules? Those are the places I suggest you start.

Needing to replace the pump sounds like BS to me because chlorine kills just about everything. A pool should be a non issue.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If I were you, I'd make a Facebook group and invite the neighbors to post there. Make it a private FB group so that you do not get everyone reading what you're talking about, and when you have everyone there, change the private setting to a secret group.
As far as Facebook we have such a page and that's where a lot of my information is coming from, without outing myself or neighbors. Good ideas though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
What does your government legally say? Does your township have any of their own rules? Those are the places I suggest you start.

Needing to replace the pump sounds like BS to me because chlorine kills just about everything. A pool should be a non issue.
New York is slated to go to "Jersey rules" in the next day or two. As far as I can tell, Covid is not the issue. What Covid has doe is eliminated people's psychologically taking for granted that things they are used to are open and available. People's first question when deciding to go anywhere or do anything is "is it open." That gives cover for a lot of things to not run, simply because they are too much trouble.

And I consider the pump issue to be BS. We agree.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:47 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
As far as Facebook we have such a page and that's where a lot of my information is coming from, without outing myself or neighbors. Good ideas though.
New York is slated to go to "Jersey rules" in the next day or two. As far as I can tell, Covid is not the issue. What Covid has doe is eliminated people's psychologically taking for granted that things they are used to are open and available. People's first question when deciding to go anywhere or do anything is "is it open." That gives cover for a lot of things to not run, simply because they are too much trouble.

And I consider the pump issue to be BS. We agree.

The group is much better then the page because you can keep it private so no one else knows what you're discussing. We have a public FB page too, but the meat gets posted in the private group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate