Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 03:34 PM

99 posts, read 180,272 times

Advertisements

sykesfamily-- that is awesome! Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Caldwell is known around here for problems and I wasn't sure if you had stayed there before in your journeys to WA??! Now, I say this from the news media reports and CDF folks posting in the ID forum. I don't want anything to happen to you and DH or your vehicle/possessions, but I do understand the whole "trying to find a place that will take pets".

My personal preference for you would be this area in Boise (exit 50B), right off the freeway, just past the Boise Airport (exit 53) on Hwy 84, ~ half an hour before Caldwell, where there are GREAT restaurants (in fact, the ONLY Cracker Barrel in this area of the Pacific NW, several very good hotels, an Edwards Theatre and an IMAX, a Costco and a WalMart ! Very easy access to anything you might want and/or need . Also, normally Costco has 'cheap gas' .

I have personally stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the theatres and from Cracker Barrel on several occasions and really enjoyed it, but they don't allow pets . I see from my AAA guide that the Holiday Inn at the Boise Airport accepts pets and is just a couple of miles prior to Cracker Barrel. That is not a bad area either in my opinion, and I believe probably safer than Caldwell, but bad things can happen anywheres I guess .

Well, I pray that I haven't scared you or anything . I live about half an hour north of 84 and if I didn't think that my dogs would eat yours , I'd say come stay with me . But please feel free to DM me if you need any help and I'll see what I can do for you Barb !

Best wishes and CONGRATS again on your wonderful NEW adventure to WA with DH and pups!!!

~HDL~

fyi:

pet friendly hotels boise airport - Google Search
Ay YI YI....I will talk to Carl..we dont know anything about that area so that is good to know...we have stayed in Meridian before, I think it was hmm...maybe a comfort inn..one of the new ones. We have cousins in Meridian, but we don't do friends or family with the dogs..and I think my gracie could bite anyone's head off..she is a problem child..

Thanks for the link..will check it out definitely..

Old 08-09-2008, 04:01 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Talking Meridian is also a better choice than Caldwell!!!!

It is just a couple exits further down Hwy 84 Barb and DEFINITELY a safer choice in my opinion . The tough thing is with the economy nowadays, I think 'thieves' target travelers at hotels for quick and easy loot, so I would just be careful about where you choose to park your vehicles and stay near the lobby / security cameras .

p.s.
I'll be joining your Bar-b-que Going Away Party today in spirit with some home cooked ribs (lol) !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ay YI YI....I will talk to Carl..we dont know anything about that area so that is good to know...we have stayed in Meridian before, I think it was hmm...maybe a comfort inn..one of the new ones. We have cousins in Meridian, but we don't do friends or family with the dogs..and I think my gracie could bite anyone's head off..she is a problem child..

Thanks for the link..will check it out definitely..

Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,869 times
Quote:
Yes we did close escrow this morning..our proceeds (lol) were wire transferred to the bank so I probably should check on that, huh. It was pretty painless..I have been ok all day, actually glad it was done with, then tonight we went to dinner with neighbors that we have gotten to know fairly well, when I came back in the house, not my house, just kind of fell apart..i guess I am kind of overwhelmed..I am homeless, so to speak well, not exactly, we have our mobile home, but you know what I mean, this is the first time we have moved that we have not had a home that we are purchasing to go to. Thus the storage, all that garbage. We are going to leave the jeep (cherokee) at our neighbors house full of stuff, Carl will fly down in a couple weeks and drive it back. 3 cars, 2 people..now if those dogs could make themselves useful and drive. He might actually rent a small trailer one way to bring a few more things up...I am trying to decide what to store and what to take...now tomorrow we go to breakfast with some other neighbors, this is really cutting into my packing time...then a bbq at other friends and she has that at 4..wish we could move it back a couple hours, say 6 or so would work better...do I dare ask...there are about 4 couples coming to it. Maybe I will see, can't hurt to ask and would not stress me so much..Sunday we were hoping to kind of relax and rest for our drive monday morning, but I can tell now, ain't gonna happen. I think once we start loading our trailer and clearing out some of these piles of boxes then I will feel better.

I didn't know I had so many clothes that don't fit, we have a big closet so all those old clothes were kind of just hanging there, so to speak. I am boxing them to take and then donate to a shelter when I get there. I don't have time to sort now. We really only had a 2 week escrow...which is good, but not a lot of time to pack and go.

We are staying in Caldwell
1)it's a little more than halfway
2)the motel takes dogs

That's about it..have reservations at the LaQuinta inn. will be ok for one night, we will crash anyway.. some of the motels I checked only take dogs under 30 lb or 50 lb or charge $25 per dog. this one did not have any restrictions so we took it. Believe me after 650 miles anything clean is fine..

*** *** ***, guess I better check my emails and hit the sheets...pretty soon they will be packed too haha..

Hugs)
Barb
Well done and good luck for the trip - hope the babies enjoy it.
Stay in touch don't be a stranger Barb

Old 08-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Well done and good luck for the trip - hope the babies enjoy it.
Stay in touch don't be a stranger Barb
Thanks....don't think you all are rid of me that easy, lol. I need to stay around and see that everyone gets their deal done, ready CrazyMa's poems and songs, and hang with my friends...I may be offline for a day or two...but as soon as I get to my new place...and hook up I will be back...I have wireless there, too....never too far from my puter..

later

Sykes..let us know if you get that offer!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:45 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,684 times
Dogmom,
Based on what I've read on the ID forum & in the local media, I agree with HDL that you'd be much safer in the Boise area. Dogfriendly.com and petswelcome.com have good searchable databases of hotels etc that allow pets. I've checked them for lodging in Boise/Meridian - many popped up and several listings include their pet fees & weight limitations. FYI, Candlewood Suites allows dogs up to 80 lbs.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:33 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Wow! Looks like several of you are really on a roll. Here's lot of happy dust from PA for those offers to come in and you get it sold.

I'm in the midst of packing up all my Fenton glass......boxes, boxes everywhere in my living room! This place is going to look so empty that I won't know it. Not sure it's a good idea to have it SO bare! I'm going to hate having 1/2 my furniture up here and 1/2 down in SC as I won't be able to get anything out to display!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
Dogmom,
Based on what I've read on the ID forum & in the local media, I agree with HDL that you'd be much safer in the Boise area. Dogfriendly.com and petswelcome.com have good searchable databases of hotels etc that allow pets. I've checked them for lodging in Boise/Meridian - many popped up and several listings include their pet fees & weight limitations. FYI, Candlewood Suites allows dogs up to 80 lbs.
Thanks Shroom, I am going to change my reservation to boise, we have a trailer and my car will be loaded in the trunk with stuff..i mean anything can happen anywhere...I know Carl will park the trailer in backwards but better to be in a safer area...you are all so good..and HDL thanks for looking out..I am checking out the Candlewood suites..

Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,684 times
Good news Dogmom! If you stay at either the Boise or Meridian Candlewood, please post back here or DM me with your thoughts about it. I'm thinking of staying there with my dogs (both about 75 lbs) when I go to Boise to check it out, and will greatly appreciate your thoughts re staying there with multiple dogs.

HDL, do you have an opinion on either of the Candlewoods? Can you recommend other decent & safe hotels/motels in the Boise/Meridian/Eagle area that allow large dogs?

Dogmom, Have a super safe trip to WA (State, NOT city or county!!!)!

Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
You're very welcome Barb !!! And as a side note, our weather is supposed to be a wee bit cooler Sunday and Monday - high 80's to low 90's !!! Unfortunately, that temp still makes it difficult to leave dogs for very long in a parked vehicle, so I guess you won't be able to check out Boise's IMAX theater !

Quote:
Thanks Shroom, I am going to change my reservation to boise, we have a trailer and my car will be loaded in the trunk with stuff..i mean anything can happen anywhere...I know Carl will park the trailer in backwards but better to be in a safer area...you are all so good..and HDL thanks for looking out..I am checking out the Candlewood suites..
Hi Shroom ! I'm sorry, but I really don't know anything about either Candlewood Suites and I don't know anyone to ask about them either . But I would be more than happy to help a fellow dog person with info on the Boise area (both good and bad ) and try to find more info about hotels that are good for people with dogs. I'll also add your name to my contact list and then you can DM me with any additional questions . That way, we can keep this thread on topic .

p.s.
You might remember my post from this other thread : //www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...ml#post2687974

//www.city-data.com/forum/2700527-post10.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
Good news Dogmom! If you stay at either the Boise or Meridian Candlewood, please post back here or DM me with your thoughts about it. I'm thinking of staying there with my dogs (both about 75 lbs) when I go to Boise to check it out, and will greatly appreciate your thoughts re staying there with multiple dogs.

HDL, do you have an opinion on either of the Candlewoods? Can you recommend other decent & safe hotels/motels in the Boise/Meridian/Eagle area that allow large dogs?

Dogmom, Have a super safe trip to WA (State, NOT city or county!!!)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate