Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I say if you can't live on $500,000 a year shame on ya! LOL..i think a cap is great...also, why not release some of that trillions gradually.it irks my hide that we are having to jump through hoop for this mortgage when these banks and firms didn't have to account for any of their money..

No loan approval yet, no closing date..while we were in Utah our loan guy emailed all the pages of the loan app, etc...had to go to Kinkos to print it all out, cost me $29..my friend's printer is on the fritz...then wefilled it all out and tried to fax it back the next day, Carl went to 3 different places and the fax would not go through, so when we got home at 1 this morning he faxed it then...so it is out of our hands and so far they are not asking for anything else, yet..we had an original closing date of Feb. 9, then it went to the 19th, now who knows...

Venting, sorry...
That must be so totally frustrating...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,397 times
Tambre, the salary cap should be be what the average salary in
America currently.
force those bigwigs see how it feels to be the in the middle!!!

(FYI- may not be 100% accurate, but close)
C-E-Os make nearly 350 times as much as an average American worker.
The average yearly American salary is $39,795 per year.

Hey how about a vegetarian in the W.H.??

oh , wait...they like green.....s

Hey Barb- Patton said loans are hell.

NO? well same difference, quite a battle

Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM

I heard one of the big wigs on t.v. bemoaning the $500,000 salary cap. His concern was that they might lose good talent to other industries. The same talent that has taken us down this sorry road. I'd say to them "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya".

Your proposed salary cap sounds even better!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 PM

talent for what??? to make big salaries?? LOL
ya, let some folks take their places that NEED jobs...urgh

Old 02-12-2009, 08:05 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
I think I am at the point with this loan business...well when it happens it happens..i would think the seller and her bank would be pushing to get this done, but what do I know...All I do know is, as afraid I am of having a house payment again, we really need to get into a larger place and make it a home.
The rest will fall into place.

Girls I think I have a fever..my son is also ill, and I wonder if we caught something in Vegas..although we left vegas Monday morning...ugh..just achy and nasty...

chat later

Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM

We need a real estate bailout package that makes sense, but I'm really not sure how we can save people who hold those no income verification loans. Loans that they never should have been able to qualify for, but were advised to take out. How can we help out these people without rewarding poor choices? Throwing money after them seems like trying to fill up a bucket with a hole in it. My heart goes out to people like Dogmom, who have to bear the brunt of all this nonsense, when they need a loan.

I like an analogy I heard tonight on Larry King. Our economy is like a poker game, where just one person was winning... and everyone else had to borrow money just to stay in the game. Then when everyone lost, the game was over...the one person had all the money, and everyone else has all the debt. The game is basically over, unless someone comes up with some more money for us to play with.

Barb...Stress can really play havoc with the immune system. Take a hot bath, an advil, and get under the covers. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:32 PM

oohh dogmom- hope you get better, not get worse. Ya got some chicken soup- I swear by the stuff.

Painter- funny tale about Trule and the fence. Now aren't you glad the barn only got a peek then and not a wet tshirt from having to dive in the pool after the horse???LOL

Hey gold, was that the first house y'all bought?I can't remember. I know several folks who are taking the $7500 credit. I read the Irs form ...thinking it may be a good thing as long as receipients don't blow the money foolishly.......

Chick
too bad you can't divert all that water to a holding tank. So do you live across a creek them, and park on one side??

Hammy hope your morning uckies start to wane ASAP. Do you think the granite really smells funny or could it just be the preggy affecting your sense of smell?

NJ haven't been out to see little miss in her latest shot in the mag with Paula on the cover, but look forward to seeing it

lessee, what else have I missed!!
In the Pines how is your FSBO adventure panning out?

Stoy you feeling better?

Everyone else I failed to mention, HOPE you are well!!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,300 times
Default Seller stories and nightmares.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ellen, feel free to use my stories about grass sniffers, etc....i kept thinking I should write a book when we went through all that nightmare last year..perspective from a seller..
Hi Dogmom,

I am so sorry but I don't know enough about these features to learn about you guys and your hardships. I guess you could say I am City-Data Inepta. I just jump in every now and again. But, I do enjoy reading this thread, you all are really cool and sweet to each other.......we need more conversation, friendship and apathy in this mixed up world.

PS I love making up words

Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
We need a real estate bailout package that makes sense, but I'm really not sure how we can save people who hold those no income verification loans. Loans that they never should have been able to qualify for, but were advised to take out. How can we help out these people without rewarding poor choices? Throwing money after them seems like trying to fill up a bucket with a hole in it. My heart goes out to people like Dogmom, who have to bear the brunt of all this nonsense, when they need a loan.

I like an analogy I heard tonight on Larry King. Our economy is like a poker game, where just one person was winning... and everyone else had to borrow money just to stay in the game. Then when everyone lost, the game was over...the one person had all the money, and everyone else has all the debt. The game is basically over, unless someone comes up with some more money for us to play with.

Barb...Stress can really play havoc with the immune system. Take a hot bath, an advil, and get under the covers. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks,you are right....heading to chill out and go to bed...my featherbed topper is sounding REAL good about now..

Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Well hey Ellen, how ya doing?? How's biznez- JodyRose has had 2 contract recently ( another agent camper)
We like to make up words too Hubby says we are Ruppy's....(redneck urban professionals)
Inepta LOl
Nah you ain't that or you would have never gotten here to start with

So do you think the $7500 credit is a good thing??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate