Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

Hey had to move this thread up it was starting to get buried!

The house behind us that sold considerably less than everyone else is listed at-well it's a divorce sale. The guy is beyond jerk.

Hey guys-don't feel bad about losing that $15,000 because Nancy Pelosi's district got $30,000,000 to study a mouse. Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
CrazyMa?? Where are you??

We finally got home about 1 this morning..of course we had to haul the bags out of the car..then deal with happy dogs, i couldnt go to sleep so i was up until 3. Ugh..woke up about a half hour ago with the brown dog India jumping all over me, thought she had to go out..nooo...just happy DH was fixing her grub...so now i am up...

I have a phone consultation with a social security attorney in Olympia this morning at 10. I have been denied twice for disability benefits and like a dummy, last spring, just let it go.had so much going on with the house, money, lack thereof, that I guess getting the 2nd denial letter just shoved me over the edge.. I put the letter in my file, and just never got an attorney to fight it. Depressed, etc...pretty dumb..so this consult is to see what he can do to get it going again. I am not better, even with the house sold, etc...this is something I have had for 6 years, comes and goes. i don't know who would hire someone who can't work from day to day...so pray girls and cross your fingers. I would not get a lot, but everything helps..

Ok need to eat, or go back to bed..not sure which.. later

Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Well Lacey that does explain his pricing, hope he lost his butt in the settlement!
dogmom, Hope you get pass this thing soon, their are alot of people fighting depression now.
I am seriously thinking of dropping the price on my big house yet again next week if this nice weather doesnt bring any interest over the weekend. Only 2 houses have sold in my town since Jan 1st and they both were dumps under 50k, not a good sign. Competition is down but....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
CrazyMa?? Where are you??

We finally got home about 1 this morning..of course we had to haul the bags out of the car..then deal with happy dogs, i couldnt go to sleep so i was up until 3. Ugh..woke up about a half hour ago with the brown dog India jumping all over me, thought she had to go out..nooo...just happy DH was fixing her grub...so now i am up...

I have a phone consultation with a social security attorney in Olympia this morning at 10. I have been denied twice for disability benefits and like a dummy, last spring, just let it go.had so much going on with the house, money, lack thereof, that I guess getting the 2nd denial letter just shoved me over the edge.. I put the letter in my file, and just never got an attorney to fight it. Depressed, etc...pretty dumb..so this consult is to see what he can do to get it going again. I am not better, even with the house sold, etc...this is something I have had for 6 years, comes and goes. i don't know who would hire someone who can't work from day to day...so pray girls and cross your fingers. I would not get a lot, but everything helps..

Ok need to eat, or go back to bed..not sure which.. later
Are you seeing anyone for this? I suffered depression after the birth of little ham and if I had not seen someone, I never would have gotten better. Are you on any meds?

Kristine

Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey had to move this thread up it was starting to get buried!

The house behind us that sold considerably less than everyone else is listed at-well it's a divorce sale. The guy is beyond jerk.

Hey guys-don't feel bad about losing that $15,000 because Nancy Pelosi's district got $30,000,000 to study a mouse. Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

Lacey I heard that yesterday and couldn't believe it. I just want to read the new bill but it sounds like no one will get a peek until it has passed. I am just so upset with Collins, Spector and the other Rep Senator from Maine whats her name. I wonder what they were promised to vote yes for the bill?
Did you hear about the drought in CA and the farms in central CA cannot use water. The water is there for them to use but it would kill a specific fish so I quess a fish is more important then the farmers who have no crops and cannot plant any due to no water. What a world we live in.

So that guy is dropping everyone elses prices. He is way beyond a jerk.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Hi Kristine..oh I am on meds, this has been going on with treatment since 1993, and probably before that thinking back. I was managing ok with meds until I got sick with Epstein Barr Virus in Nov 2002. Chronic fatigue, depression, all goes hand in hand with EBV...I was still working then, and was off work on benefits from Nov 2002 until late March 2003. And even then I should not have gone back but was feeling so pressured from work..long story..anyway, i ended up leaving that job when hubby decded to retire also due to stress and dpression..yes we were the golden couple...then started the moves. I worked in NorCal for a year, 2004-2005 for a junior high, I loved it but the EBV came back..I managed to hang on for the school year, by a thread..then we sold that home, moved to Utah, sick off and on. When I feel good, I am semi good..no energy, lots of body pain..anyway its a long story. I am not lazy, i have always worked. I just can't now. so that's my story..trying to get my paperwork in order, thank goodness it's not in storage, lol.

Anyway, I hope this attorney can help me re file or whatever..i am so mad at myself for letting the appeal lapse I could just kick my own butt..sometimes I guess I think if I ignore things, they will go away..they don't and you would think after 55 years I would know that..

Will let you know later what the gentleman says..hugs hope you are feeling better Kristine..

Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Hi Kristine..oh I am on meds, this has been going on with treatment since 1993, and probably before that thinking back. I was managing ok with meds until I got sick with Epstein Barr Virus in Nov 2002. Chronic fatigue, depression, all goes hand in hand with EBV...I was still working then, and was off work on benefits from Nov 2002 until late March 2003. And even then I should not have gone back but was feeling so pressured from work..long story..anyway, i ended up leaving that job when hubby decded to retire also due to stress and dpression..yes we were the golden couple...then started the moves. I worked in NorCal for a year, 2004-2005 for a junior high, I loved it but the EBV came back..I managed to hang on for the school year, by a thread..then we sold that home, moved to Utah, sick off and on. When I feel good, I am semi good..no energy, lots of body pain..anyway its a long story. I am not lazy, i have always worked. I just can't now. so that's my story..trying to get my paperwork in order, thank goodness it's not in storage, lol.

Anyway, I hope this attorney can help me re file or whatever..i am so mad at myself for letting the appeal lapse I could just kick my own butt..sometimes I guess I think if I ignore things, they will go away..they don't and you would think after 55 years I would know that..

Will let you know later what the gentleman says..hugs hope you are feeling better Kristine..
Oh I am so sorry that your going through this. You definately should make sure to push on the disability. I know how hard it must be to not be able to work even though you want to and are a "worker bee" by nature. That probably makes it worse. Hopefully it gets worked out for you and you can collect on it.

Depression is such a hard thing and I never really understood it before going through it myself. Just know that you have lots of campers out here routing for you!

Kristine

Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Good luck Barb.

Lorrie-the other was Olivia Snow from ME. This is beyond absurd. The average worker will see $13 a week in their paycheck which drops ro $8 in Jan '10. What the hell does $13 do or get-not even gas for your car. I can hardly wait for election day and hope the people wake up.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good luck Barb.

Lorrie-the other was Olivia Snow from ME. This is beyond absurd. The average worker will see $13 a week in their paycheck which drops ro $8 in Jan '10. What the hell does $13 do or get-not even gas for your car. I can hardly wait for election day and hope the people wake up.

Lacey most people just don't get it. They think if the gov't says this it must be right and the major TV three stations don't help. I just fear that the fairness docturne will be back again and then no one will be able to get at the truth.
Hubby and I have both called out senators and congressmen. Won't help much but at least we let our voices be heard.
Scary times.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Good luck Barb. I was turned down the first time and never tried again. After the accident at work and then workers comp and I sueing the cleaning co at the place I worked I felt like I had gone thru the wringer. I just put it aside and then I thought I can work again but never at the job i loved. I wish I knew at the time that they always say no the first time and you should get a lawyer to help you. I hope it all works out for you today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate