Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

[quote=crazyma;7444356]Hey gold, was that the first house y'all bought?I can't remember. I know several folks who are taking the $7500 credit. I read the Irs form ...thinking it may be a good thing as long as receipients don't blow the money foolishly.......

No this will be our second house but our first time selling. That $15000 deal would have been sweet, but we were never counting on it, as the talk of it came about long after we started thinking of selling.

[quote=crazyma;7444826]We like to make up words too Hubby says we are Ruppy's....(redneck urban professionals)

ROFL

Well I see you have been a busy little bee on the boards after your absence!

oops I see I screwed up the quotes..no blue

Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Yeah Gold, I go undercover now and then. I have to put myself on internet restriction now and then to force myself to get stuff done.A girl can only multitask so much LOL
Like soon I need to get on the taxes. Always have to figure out whether we can itemize, it is close often. I relaly don't know why they don't go to flat 10% tax ALL across the spectrum. Studies have shown that they woudl actually have more money. And for all the IRS folks, I have a special plan for them to stay busy working...it involves cleaning out government warehouses of extra surplus!

Ahh, sorry you missed that credit, but HEY you got a new house to make a home Adn you go the other one gone!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Yeah Gold, I go undercover now and then. I have to put myself on internet restriction now and then to force myself to get stuff done.A girl can only multitask so much LOL
Like soon I need to get on the taxes. Always have to figure out whether we can itemize, it is close often. I relaly don't know why they don't go to flat 10% tax ALL across the spectrum. Studies have shown that they woudl actually have more money. And for all the IRS folks, I have a special plan for them to stay busy working...it involves cleaning out government warehouses of extra surplus!

Ahh, sorry you missed that credit, but HEY you got a new house to make a home Adn you go the other one gone!
I understand your need to go incognito...sounds like it's working for you and is a good idea! Thankfully my dh is the tax man around here...I am in charge of other things.

We are pending now. Our buyer has all his financial stuff in. Drove by our new house and they took the sign down. We put a deposit down on a cream colored leather reclining group tonight. It is beautiful and I think we will be in heaven!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Default Can't sleep

Well I tried..still up..acheyness is a little better, trying to think positive cuz I have a big mess here to pick up tomorrow...suitcases all over, I did nothing today..

Gold where did you buy your leather set at? I am going to be needing a new sofa when we get moved. I am leaving my sectional up here..I hate too, we paid a ton for it, but that's been about 10 or 11 years ago..its a lazy boy..wow you talk about some wear and tear and aside from probably needing a good cleaning. Carl doesn't want to take it, I am iffy. I would love to change up some of my colors, the carpet is dark beige, kitchen has white tile, white appliances...walls are a deep taupe with white trim. This is family room and kitchen...

I bought this dinnerware last spring at a yard sale in Utah...also this 10x13 ft persian rug, I can't even tell you but I got both of them for about 150..i want to use them..what I would love is to rip out the carpet and vinyl in the kitchen and familyroom area and put down laminate, and use the rug to use in the family room, but I might end up using it in the dining room...how could these go together?
CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-rug.jpg

CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-blue_willowmd.jpg

Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,584 times
Talking One day early...

No matter what is going on with the economy, I am grateful that there is still one place we can gather for support and encouragement and chase away the mean spirited buliies (lol )!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:12 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,584 times
Cool p.s.This is what I have decided

I am no longer going to let the economy, the government, politicians, or even negative nellys on CDF dictate how I feel and what I do. If those in Washington didn't see this track wreck coming, somehow I highly doubt they know how to fix it . "Stimulus shamulus" !!

That's JMHO and I'm sticking with it !!!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:34 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Thanks, Crazyma, yes I am. What cured me was that does of spring we had here on Wednesday. How are YOU feeling??
HdL, nicely put!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 AM

634 posts, read 1,558,989 times
Hey Crazyma, busines is slow. Lots of lookie loos. I have one house under contract, I just hope their financing goes through. They are going VA and I wonder how our appraisal will come in. Too many foreclosures and short sales. It is getting harder and harder to lease some of our lower end properties because people just don't have any money. Some owners are relaxing their policies and we are able to find tenants, others are just holding on for the "right " tenant and the house sits empty, month after month. It is getting so crazy out there.

Hope your feeling better-hang in there!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well I tried..still up..acheyness is a little better, trying to think positive cuz I have a big mess here to pick up tomorrow...suitcases all over, I did nothing today..

Gold where did you buy your leather set at? I am going to be needing a new sofa when we get moved. I am leaving my sectional up here..I hate too, we paid a ton for it, but that's been about 10 or 11 years ago..its a lazy boy..wow you talk about some wear and tear and aside from probably needing a good cleaning. Carl doesn't want to take it, I am iffy. I would love to change up some of my colors, the carpet is dark beige, kitchen has white tile, white appliances...walls are a deep taupe with white trim. This is family room and kitchen...

I bought this dinnerware last spring at a yard sale in Utah...also this 10x13 ft persian rug, I can't even tell you but I got both of them for about 150..i want to use them..what I would love is to rip out the carpet and vinyl in the kitchen and familyroom area and put down laminate, and use the rug to use in the family room, but I might end up using it in the dining room...how could these go together?
Attachment 36027

Attachment 36028
Dogmom, got the 3 piece set at Slumberland. The love seat rocks and reclines, then on the couch the middle top section folds down with a snack/drink tray. Leather is really great for the dogs..just brush off.

I can't see your first pix...did it not attach? I love your china and rug. I can see them tying together as it looks like there is some blue tones in the rug and of course the china. The laminate we put here in our kitchen has worked out well and gotten very little dog scratches and still looks good.

We picked up a few rugs on sale and will be able to return them if they don't work out in the new house, but it looks like they will. We have all hardwoods, except in the bedrooms will be carpet and bathrooms and laundry are ceramic tile.

I already have a china buffet that has been squeezed into my eat in kitchen and I have Royal Dalton country roses pattern china...so I am really excited to have an actual dining room. We will be shopping for a new dining room table. This shopping is fun but makes ya feel nervous at the same time.

I hope you are doing well! We have alot of depression anxiety issues in our family and 2 relatives have OCD. I hope you hear more about your house soon.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hammy hope your morning uckies start to wane ASAP. Do you think the granite really smells funny or could it just be the preggy affecting your sense of smell?
I have no idea. I have always had a really strong sense of smell so I always smell stuff others don't. Now, it is probably worse! LOL

I think I am one of the only ones that does not agree with the salary cap. I really don't think it is a good idea and think it will hurt companies more than it will help. I have the pleasure of working side by side to our CEO who makes well over a million a year and he earns every penny. Yes, there are some that don't and they should be fired. There are always people that don't pull their weight but putting a salary cap will make people look elsewhere and a company may miss out on great talent because of it. I know it is hard to think of someone not being happy with $500,000 a year but it really depends on where you live too. $500,000 in NYC is a lot different than $500,000 in Lincoln Nebraska.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate