Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Schumer from NY said people don't care about the stim package. What a freakin jerk.

It's yes-no-maybe-working on it. Remember these guys come election day folks-we are in deep trouble.

Another scary was the medical thing they were trying to slip in under the radar limiting health care for seniors. Thanks to tax cheat Daschle.

I couldn't stand Schumer when I used to live in NY all my years and never voted him in yet people keep on doing so!!He is a moron!

WB Dogmom!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
They call him a media wh-re, loves those cameras. You know his wife is head of NYC transportation and never came forward after the ferry crash years ago.

I am just beyond furious today over this-sorry!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
They call him a media wh-re, loves those cameras. You know his wife is head of NYC transportation and never came forward after the ferry crash years ago.

I am just beyond furious today over this-sorry!!!!
vent ANYTIME Lace!! I hope you had a nice anniversary yesterday!!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
[quote=gold*dust1;7407041]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am having some second thoughts on this house we are buying..right now, with closing costs firgured into the loan, we are up another hundred dollars a month. We are on a fixed income. I am going to sit down with pros and cons. The only cons are the taxes..so high...i could use some prayers to see if this is the right place for us.

Hey dogmom, really think it through...it is your retirement!!!! Could you not roll the closing costs in? We are not rolling closing costs but are rolling in appliances which I really hate to do, but more cash for us ya know. Our taxes will be higher than we've ever paid, but we will probably have to fight the amt as it may be based on the original asking price.

Good luck with the thinking and have a safe trip home.
Gold, the closing costs are being rolled into the loan..and we totally forgot about them..we know better, this is the 6th home we've bought in 31 years..it adds about 100 a month. It's our retirement that's for sure. I will just need to find some way to bring in a little income somehow..I am going to follow through with social security disability, I was denied twice last year and dropped the ball...I have a phone consult with a ss attorney on Thursday morning to see what my options are...there are also some work at home things i am going to consider, one is called Elance, I heard about it on good morning america a while back. You contract yourself out for secretarial work you can do at home..like spreadsheets, customer service stuff...word processing..virtual office work...

We are heading back to Vegas this afternoon, our flight leaves at 7:55 p.m. we will be back in Portland at 10:20..nonstop thank goodness...

Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
[quote=dogmom;7420345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

Gold, the closing costs are being rolled into the loan..and we totally forgot about them..we know better, this is the 6th home we've bought in 31 years..it adds about 100 a month. It's our retirement that's for sure. I will just need to find some way to bring in a little income somehow..I am going to follow through with social security disability, I was denied twice last year and dropped the ball...I have a phone consult with a ss attorney on Thursday morning to see what my options are...there are also some work at home things i am going to consider, one is called Elance, I heard about it on good morning america a while back. You contract yourself out for secretarial work you can do at home..like spreadsheets, customer service stuff...word processing..virtual office work...

We are heading back to Vegas this afternoon, our flight leaves at 7:55 p.m. we will be back in Portland at 10:20..nonstop thank goodness...
Yes, I may need to find my butt a JOB too. I would love to do something at home, but the one I specifically looked into didn't contract in my area, didn't pay jack either

So how is St. George? Will you be checking out Chick's house today? I read some posts of the area as I was curious. So you can just drive thru Hildale and Colorado City and the locals start following ya?

I read a book recently of a FDLS girl who was forced to marry her cousin at 14. She was raised in Salt Lake City and then got exiled to Colorado City I think and when she left the sect...I swear she may have located to St. George at first...it's like I've already forgotten the details. She is one of the key people who took Warren Jeffs down. Anyway, it was interesting reading about her life and she mentioned that the red rock was beautiful in the area.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hey ladies, I see we are all fit to be tied this morning. I will say I have no faith in our elected government on anything, they are elected on lies and promises that can not be kept. Read abit on the 15k credit, that to is to benefit the wealthier workers, it is based on your tax liability. This wasn't going to help the average income families alot. The 7500 credit has to be repaid which is to benefits the first timers, the 15k is free money for those that have a liability of 15k into the IRS. At least this is the way I understood it. So if this is the case the more money you make the more you get free, the less you make the less help you get. Sounds to me like the old saying the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It all sucks!

Anyway---the little house has another showing today, wow 2 in 3 days! Now if I could just set a record and get 2 calls on my house in 3 days, oh day dream believing!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey ladies, I see we are all fit to be tied this morning. I will say I have no faith in our elected government on anything, they are elected on lies and promises that can not be kept. Read abit on the 15k credit, that to is to benefit the wealthier workers, it is based on your tax liability. This wasn't going to help the average income families alot. The 7500 credit has to be repaid which is to benefits the first timers, the 15k is free money for those that have a liability of 15k into the IRS. At least this is the way I understood it. So if this is the case the more money you make the more you get free, the less you make the less help you get. Sounds to me like the old saying the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It all sucks!

Anyway---the little house has another showing today, wow 2 in 3 days! Now if I could just set a record and get 2 calls on my house in 3 days, oh day dream believing!
Best of luck on the showing!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
[quote=gold*dust1;7420814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Yes, I may need to find my butt a JOB too. I would love to do something at home, but the one I specifically looked into didn't contract in my area, didn't pay jack either

So how is St. George? Will you be checking out Chick's house today? I read some posts of the area as I was curious. So you can just drive thru Hildale and Colorado City and the locals start following ya?

I read a book recently of a FDLS girl who was forced to marry her cousin at 14. She was raised in Salt Lake City and then got exiled to Colorado City I think and when she left the sect...I swear she may have located to St. George at first...it's like I've already forgotten the details. She is one of the key people who took Warren Jeffs down. Anyway, it was interesting reading about her life and she mentioned that the red rock was beautiful in the area.
Oh, you are talking about Carolyn Jessop...married to Merrill Jessop, gangleader of the clan at this point..most of them have gone to their compound in Texas, if you remember last spring the Texas child welfare raided them..The whole bunch are bizarre..I could tell you a book. Yes, you can get to there from here, Hildale and Colorado City, about 30 miles east of the St. George area..we have driven through there many times, when we lived here almost everyone that came to visit wanted to go there. Yes, they do follow you. Most of the homes are huge, like they just keep adding on, and the last few years huge block walls went up all around, so no one could see into the homes or vice versa I am sure..we saw them at Costco, Walmart all the time, even the dr.s offices. Usually at costco, one man, 2 or 3 women following BEHIND, always behind (and that alone gripes my shorts). Pallets of butt wipe, papertowels, pickles, mayo, etc..hard to even describe them. they will NOT speak to you or acknowledge you since the rest of us are infidels. Anyway that book of Carolyn's, I read it and have it somewhere, it was riveting, I could not put it down.

Chickrae can probably update you a little better on St. George and Utah in general. It was not a good experience for us except for meeting our wonderful friends, and we did not meet them until about a year and a half ago, so we lived in St. George area for over 2 years with no one. In fact we met them on City-Data...so hows that for neat.

Not being of the mormon faith and from California, well we just didn't fit in, neighbors shunned us, the whole thing...but it is past and we have moved on. as pretty as it is here right now, I have no desire to come back...

Thats it in a nutshell, Gold...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM

[quote=dogmom;7421150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

Oh, you are talking about Carolyn Jessop...married to Merrill Jessop, gangleader of the clan at this point..most of them have gone to their compound in Texas, if you remember last spring the Texas child welfare raided them..The whole bunch are bizarre..I could tell you a book. Yes, you can get to there from here, Hildale and Colorado City, about 30 miles east of the St. George area..we have driven through there many times, when we lived here almost everyone that came to visit wanted to go there. Yes, they do follow you. Most of the homes are huge, like they just keep adding on, and the last few years huge block walls went up all around, so no one could see into the homes or vice versa I am sure..we saw them at Costco, Walmart all the time, even the dr.s offices. Usually at costco, one man, 2 or 3 women following BEHIND, always behind (and that alone gripes my shorts). Pallets of butt wipe, papertowels, pickles, mayo, etc..hard to even describe them. they will NOT speak to you or acknowledge you since the rest of us are infidels. Anyway that book of Carolyn's, I read it and have it somewhere, it was riveting, I could not put it down.

Chickrae can probably update you a little better on St. George and Utah in general. It was not a good experience for us except for meeting our wonderful friends, and we did not meet them until about a year and a half ago, so we lived in St. George area for over 2 years with no one. In fact we met them on City-Data...so hows that for neat.

Not being of the mormon faith and from California, well we just didn't fit in, neighbors shunned us, the whole thing...but it is past and we have moved on. as pretty as it is here right now, I have no desire to come back...

Thats it in a nutshell, Gold...
Ahh thx for filling me in No the book I read wasn't Carolyn Jessups. It was another *girl*...I say that because she's probably only 26 or so now.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Good morning all,

Looks like you have been busy posting away.

Due to the flooding here, me and the dh are stranded at our house. Thank goodness the tornado was two hours from us, but we felt the effects of the storm. Feel bad for the people in the city where the tornado hit. I think 8 people died. Our driving bridge and property has flooded before but nothing this extreme. I woke up and started getting ready for work and then my dh looked outside and said, we aren't going anywhere. So I went out and took pictures, maybe I will try and post them.

Guess I can be at home and cause trouble on the computer....ha ha.

So there is no 15,000 credit? I haven't listened to the news.

Dogmom - I did see some of the FDLS in Lowe's when we were in St. George. You can't miss them. They have a distinct look about them, long dresses, hair back from their face, in a bun sort of thing. Actually the girl was looking at refrigerators and so were we....she wouldn't shut up...ha ha. but we had to wait until she was through to talk to the salesman. I didn't realize St. George was that way, since I haven't lived there yet. Sorry you had a bad experience in St. George, but great you met cd friends. I know areas of Utah are clicky - such as Utah County/provo area. I saw that when I used to go there for singles events, plus two of my boys were in school there. But then I live in the bible belt....can be clicky at times also.

FDLS not to be confused with Mormon LDS....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate