Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Texas just wanted to let all of you know that she will be having the surgery. She will be setting it up tomorrow and will post tomrrow the definite date of surgery. She is in a lot of pain right now so that is why I am posting for her. My prayers will be for Texas tonight.
Thanks so much Lorrie--I will definitely post tomorrow once I have a surgical date. Thanks everyone for your prayers! I appreciate them far more than y'all will ever know. I am in a lot of pain--but nothing percocet can't handle --so off to bed soon with percet and flexoril.

I am very blessed to have friends like you.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:07 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Tex- you know camp will rally round and pray and think good thoughts for you during this time. Wish I lived closer and could be a help to you after the surgery We will certainly be rooting for you and that you have the best medical/surgical team possible!
Rest well tonite and have sweet perocet dreams

Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Oh Texas, I was so hoping you wouldn't have to have the surgery. I am sure you will be in good hands and rest a sure the prayers are going out for you. We will be thinking about you friend!

Just listened to a little bit of our new Presidents address. OH BOY! Cant wait to hear about the package he has planned for the market, maybe tomorrow there will be an announcement. Nothing here on my place for the weekend - no calls. Oh well another day, huh.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Texas,

Hope you can get some relief tonight and find a comfortable way to sleep. It just stinks that you have to go through this. The good thing about having the surgery soon, is that it will be done and over with. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you during this struggle.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Happy Anniversary stoy! My DH and I got married when we were both 19. They said it wouldn't last either. Ha...we will be married 19 years come August.
Yeah what does anyone know. Sometimes the people that married really young have the best marriages. Well my first one only last 27 years and I married at 19, but that's another story. I don't know that I will ever make 27 years again, but we are going on 1 and 1/2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Hey all!!!!! Well, we are all moved into the new place and my internet just got hooked up. So of course the first thing I had to do was jump on here and see what is going on. I missed you all so much! Sounds like it was an exciting weekend around here! I will have to go and look at some of the threads.
Oh welcome to your new house hammy..I bet you are so excited to be in it. Looks like you have had lots of help. That is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Sorry off topic but what I regret most was missing out on the Hippie years. Graduated from HS in 63, Married 64 and mom in 66. No time for the Hippie thing. I did wear the hip huggers and the tye died tops. Took a puff on a no no at a New years eve party courtesy of a friend that was a cop. Felt nothing and he said I was doing it wrong (not worth a second try). DH found out about that maybe 10 years ago when we were talking about the early years. What a look I got from him.
I missed out on hippie years too, but I got in on the tail end. We used to go over to San Francisco and make daisy chains....with the flower people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1;7397343
[B
Ohh I've got some stories too from the late 70's early 80's that should probably stay buried lol! I don't think we were called hippies by that time anymore though.[/b]

I'm working on 16 years with the second one too. The first one lasted way too long and it was only 10 years!
Yeah some 70's stories could get me in trouble!....Applause for those with the second marriage...just because they were willing to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks so much Lorrie--I will definitely post tomorrow once I have a surgical date. Thanks everyone for your prayers! I appreciate them far more than y'all will ever know. I am in a lot of pain--but nothing percocet can't handle --so off to bed soon with percet and flexoril.

I am very blessed to have friends like you.
Good luck Texas...I hope after this surgery, things will be better for you and your health will be great!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Texas... my thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Prayers are with your nephew, Judy.

Happy anniversary Lacey and Stoy. Isn't marriage great? It will be 15 years for me and hubby on the 19th... Third times a charm for us!

Hammy - what great news that your move went so well. You had a small army to help! How grateful you must be! Enjoy your new home!

My new job went pretty well today. Thanks for all of the well wishes, everyone!

Crazyma... I, too relived the hippie years in the late 70s... what memories I have of those days.... well, I remember MOST of it.... hee, hee....

Have a good night, ladies.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all-

Texas prayers and thoughts today and hope this all brings relief and you can get on with your plans!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning Lacey and to all that follow...........

Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
LACEY- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY-- SOON TO BE JERSEY FRIEND!! HAPPY 41ST ANNIVERSARY!!TAKE A BOW! LOL

Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM

394 posts, read 1,049,465 times
Default Best wishes for everyone

I've said prayers for you all. Everyone here is so nice. I'll be traveling to a wedding and to see family over the next week so keep up the positive posts for me! We need more optimism in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate