Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hammey, I am abit confussed here. Are you talking about the house you made the offer on yesterday? If so then....either they except it now or in January your agent would need to run new comps and start over and base your offer on that. She could tell the sellers this too, or the agent for the seller, say look this is the offer today but due to the market instability if your seller waits 60 days the offer may go down to reflect current prices at that time. It would be fair to both parties, business is operated on real time or just in time.

Yes - that is the house I am talking about. I just was not sure if it would be fair to say that the price will be different 2 months from now or if that would be bitchy of us.

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,589 times
Hammy- You want honesty, right?

I would say SLOW DOWN....don't play the what if game. Its just that can really take a toil on your emotional health. I know you want this house so bad. Its tough just waiting, but really the sellers are in control.

In our area, two months wouldn't necessarily make a huge drop in a price. Remember too that the bank's appraisal is important. The sellers might have already had the house appraised and they are THINKING that they can get that out of it. Also, your bank will order and appraisal for the house to make sure that they are letting you borrow what it is worth.

Comps could change for the better or in your favor in the next couple of months. Realtors might be getting their clients in your area to be more realistic with their listing price and then selling close to the listing price. So much could be factored in a couple months.

Plus, during this time...the sellers might decide they do not want to move after all.

That is why I said just HANG ON! We will all be here for you. We WANT YOU TO GET THE HOUSE of your dreams.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Hammy- You want honesty, right?

I would say SLOW DOWN....don't play the what if game. Its just that can really take a toil on your emotional health. I know you want this house so bad. Its tough just waiting, but really the sellers are in control.

In our area, two months wouldn't necessarily make a huge drop in a price. Remember too that the bank's appraisal is important. The sellers might have already had the house appraised and they are THINKING that they can get that out of it. Also, your bank will order and appraisal for the house to make sure that they are letting you borrow what it is worth.

Comps could change for the better or in your favor in the next couple of months. Realtors might be getting their clients in your area to be more realistic with their listing price and then selling close to the listing price. So much could be factored in a couple months.

Plus, during this time...the sellers might decide they do not want to move after all.

That is why I said just HANG ON! We will all be here for you. We WANT YOU TO GET THE HOUSE of your dreams.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I am trying really hard not to get emotional about it.

OK now - deep breath in, deep breath out...........

Krisitne

Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Raising when we lived in NJ we had a termite contract-it's really worth it.

Hammy - it'll happen-let the offer sink in.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:15 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
HAPPY
T ime together with family & other loved ones
H ome is where you make it
A ppetizing aromas tempt us to eat
N ew friends and old, are sure hard to beat
K eep it together, don't come unglued
S upporting each other in good times and bad
G ive thanks for all that you have and are able to do
I nteresting Campers from all over the land
V isit at CRAZY Camp when they all can
I want you to remember
N ever give up
God has a plan

Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,589 times
Lacey-That is what I am thinking too.

It is great just to have peace of mind. I know probably the initial system ( we had the bait system in SC already in place when we bought) will be pricey. We had pest control come every three months and refill it as needed and then they would check once a year all over for termites. It was then guaranteed. I posted on the Ohio forum about it, but I am sure some people will say it is a waste of money. I checked online and it says that TERMITES are in OHIO.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Lacey-That is what I am thinking too.

It is great just to have peace of mind. I know probably the initial system ( we had the bait system in SC already in place when we bought) will be pricey. We had pest control come every three months and refill it as needed and then they would check once a year all over for termites. It was then guaranteed. I posted on the Ohio forum about it, but I am sure some people will say it is a waste of money. I checked online and it says that TERMITES are in OHIO.

Something that puts your mind at ease is never a waste of money. If it will help you not stress, I say spend the money.

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
It definitely is worth it-all you need is one infestation!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
happy
t ime together with family & other loved ones
h ome is where you make it
a ppetizing aromas tempt us to eat
n ew friends and old, are sure hard to beat
k eep it together, don't come unglued
s upporting each other in good times and bad
g ive thanks for all that you have and are able to do
i nteresting campers from all over the land
v isit at crazy camp when they all can
i want you to remember
n ever give up
god has a plan
beautiful!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
HAPPY
T ime together with family & other loved ones
H ome is where you make it
A ppetizing aromas tempt us to eat
N ew friends and old, are sure hard to beat
K eep it together, don't come unglued
S upporting each other in good times and bad
G ive thanks for all that you have and are able to do
I nteresting Campers from all over the land
V isit at CRAZY Camp when they all can
I want you to remember
N ever give up
God has a plan
You need to get publishing rights lol!! GO CRAZYMA! CRAZYMA for PRES!

I cannot find my damn keys to the start of my day. Looking for them.No spare set....(yea,. call me crazy!)High and Low to no avail. SOooo....I baked my hub a cake--with buttercream frosting *(homemade)for tomorrow! also made Cranberry Mousse dessert.....awesome!! cranberry juice cocktail,cranberry sauce and raspberry gelatin.... then add heavy whipping cream (whip it up!) or add a carton of cool whip! chill and serve!! OR use a graham cracker crust........and make a pie out of it!!
Either way, to die for!!!!!!!!! We used to live near Ocean Spray Cranberry Museum and we got to test all the new Ocean Spray juice drinks......and get the tour of how cranberries are harvested, sorted, and made into juice or anything else...........
Maybe my kids put my keys in their knapsacks for school!!!I've torn the house apart...So much for cleaning after the Chinese man left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate