Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 10:19 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,429 times

Advertisements

Just another quick check in with the peeps. We sent DD on her way home early because we are having "lumpy rain" here, and since it is coming from the SW and she is going NE hopefully she will be out of it shortly. Now I get to worry until she gets home. I'm leaving tomorrow to go back to SC, so hopefully the roads aren't too bad especially through WV.

Lacey and Painter.........Good luck!! Hope that fairy dust works.

Raising.....Feel better soon! My SIL had a bad cold when we were over there on T-giving and I was surrounded by coughers and sneezers on Black Friday, so I'm desperately hoping that my flu shot that I got the first week they were available helps me out.

Dogmom.....I'm going to a wreath making class, too! Mine is on Thursday and is being sponsored by a local nursery down in SC. They provide everything except any extra decorations you want to add. Not really going to have a lot of decorations up, but I decided that a nice wreath on the front door would work. Now I just need to find a wreath holder. Enjoy! I'm then setting up at my two craft shows on Saturday and Sunday. So I have to spend most of the week making more cards, etc to fill in my inventory. Then I get to start making cards for my own use.

We went out on Friday, but didn't do any shopping for gifts. We mostly got items that we wanted, but waited until the prices were better. I actually used my GC that I won here to get my GPS from Overstock. Between their sale, the GC and Ebates I'm getting a $400 unit for a bit less than $200. Got the TomTom 720 and will be able to upgrade both the maps and firmware for free right away to essentially make it a model 730. I'm excited! DD decided she wanted the Keurig on QVC's TSV today, so that's the end of our shopping for her as I had a few other things already. Need to find something for DH, but we decided to hold it down for this year because of not selling this house yet.

Speaking of gifts.........I spent a bunch of time trying to find a couple of DD's gifts that I had put away. I was sure I left them up here, but just could not find them and I looked everywhere about 3 times. I was getting really frustrated about it. DH decided to help me look today and after about 5 minutes he opened something, removed a hat that was in there and they they were!! I had looked in there at least 3 times, but never removed the hat. Growing old is just NOT for sissies!!!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Rothbear, I have had a Keurig for a couple years...I LOVE it...I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I love the variety...in the spring try the coconut coffee from Green Mountain, it is really a treat..I like Rain Forest Nut the best, I think...I buy most of my k cups through Green Mountain..

Drive carefully on your way back to the Carolinas..you are braver than me..I am stressing about driving the 40 miles or so to the winery..hope it's nice there on the coast...they have some good wines there...all wines a proceed of them goes to a local charity..different wines different charities..I thought that was nice... Hopefully I can do a little gift shopping there today, too.

Did I tell you all that we are leaving later this week, heading to sunny FL..meeting our friends from Michigan, driving down to the Keys, which none of us has done, an overnight in Key West and also an overnight in Key Largo, then back to Miami and board a ship for a 7 night cruise..another one of my cheapies that I booked a long time ago. Hopefully we can get the paperwork going to get pre approved for a loan before we leave..when we get back then Christmas gets in full swing. If DH does not find a house by the time we leave later this week to offer on, then we will go down there after the first of the year and hunt in earnest..

Yes, I know I seem like a world traveler. Cruising is my most favorite thing to do, so when I find a deal, find someone to go with and the timing works, we book it. We average 2 a year I guess.. I almost feel guilty talking about it

Old 11-30-2008, 11:10 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,844,780 times
Why feel guily Barb? If you can get a bargain and it's something you enjoy-do it, life's too short.

RothB have a safe journey back and what a buy you got-congrats.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 11-30-2008 at 11:33 AM..

Old 11-30-2008, 11:31 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Why deel guily Batb? If you can get a bargain and it's something you enjoy-do it, life's too short.

RothB have a safe journey back and what a buy you got-congrats.
Lacey..what wine are you drinking, lol..Just kidding...

I don't know why I always feel guilty when taking a trip..It's not like DH and I did not work for 30 years without a lot of vacations...I always feel like I don't deserve it for some reason..of course once I am packed and on my way then I am partying as much as anyone, lol.

Got to get going, making that wreath today..I will post a pic later today unless i mess it up royally, then I will find a graphic, lol.

Sell peeps!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,844,780 times
Typos corrected!!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:17 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,429 times
Barb............We bought my MIL a Keurig for Christmas a couple years ago and she seems to like it. Other BIL/SIL bought her some kind of cheapie coffee thing and she feels as though she needs to use both, so she goes back and forth between the two. Whatever..........

Anyway, I actually got one for myself as well. I thought it was a decent enough deal. You get 3 boxes with it and then a rebate for 2 more boxes. We don't drink coffee, but we do drink a lot of hot chocolate and tea and since this one comes with the brewer basket I can just put my loose tea in there and brew it. Plus I do know they make K-cups with tea and hot chocolate. For the life of us we don't know how DD got to drinking coffee since neither one of us like it. Hubby will drink it once in a blue moon, but even though I love the smell, I can't stand the taste.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:32 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,873 times
I could not function without my large mugs of coffee in the morning. I have been using a bunn coffee maker for years. It makes the coffee faster then any others I have tried. It has a backup hot coffee already to go when you pour the water in. That water then becomes the backup hot coffee for the next pot. LUV my Bunn.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
Wow, I haven't been on here for a few days and so much has been posted. I am in Houston at my son's for the Thanksgiving holiday and getting ready to head back to Oklahoma. I will have to read and get updated on everyone when I have time tomorrow. We are home for two days, then off to St George, Utah to actually SEE the house we have an offer on, since we only saw pictures. The buyers signed the short sale offer, it went to the bank and they will for sure give an answer this upcoming week the listing agent said. They have been sitting on it for three weeks. The buyers want to stay there and rent it and since we aren't moving there for three years, it could be worked out, but there is issues and problems with that.
You know how the short sales go....I hope we get it but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Laterz we are hitting the road for our 8 hour drive back

Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
here is a buyers story, thought I would share. There is a family here that had their dbl wide trailer tore up in 2004 by Hurricane Ivan. They JUST settled with the insurance about 5 months ago and sold the land the trailer sat on a month later. They found their dream home which was a short sale and instead of argueing with the bank they offered more than the list price. Now they have been waiting on an answer for almost 4 months with both agents calling the bank often. This pass Friday the agent called them and said that the house went into forclosure! These poor people not only lived in a mess fighting the big insurance company for almost 4 yrs, then they got screwed by the bank too. And the people who bought the trailer from them are getting anxious for them to move out, they had been renting it back from the buyer. My questions is why did the bank list the dang thing and find a buyer and then forclose anyway? What is wrong with these goofy bankers, gee I wonder why the market is so dang flooded.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:48 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
Chickrae, My post was bad timing! I was typing when you were posting, I wouldn't of told about these people if I thought about you trying to buy a short sale. Don't want to put a jinx on your possible new home---------------
B e Safe driving home please!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate