Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 11:18 PM

153 posts, read 312,633 times

Advertisements

Well, I take a little time off for Thanksgiving and over 20 pages go by. Hope everyone had a good T-day. Mine was relaxing. Got news today that my sellers (back in California) signed papers on Wednesday and vacated the property on Sunday. I'm so happy for them. They got less than I would have liked, but a little more than they expected. They are very realistic people who had done their homework.

May the good news spread!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:15 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Did I tell you all that we are leaving later this week, heading to sunny FL..meeting our friends from Michigan, driving down to the Keys, which none of us has done, an overnight in Key West and also an overnight in Key Largo, then back to Miami and board a ship for a 7 night cruise..another one of my cheapies that I booked a long time ago. Hopefully we can get the paperwork going to get pre approved for a loan before we leave..when we get back then Christmas gets in full swing. If DH does not find a house by the time we leave later this week to offer on, then we will go down there after the first of the year and hunt in earnest..

Yes, I know I seem like a world traveler. Cruising is my most favorite thing to do, so when I find a deal, find someone to go with and the timing works, we book it. We average 2 a year I guess.. I almost feel guilty talking about it
Have a great time! That sounds dreamy! I spent a few nights in Key West on my honeymoon. It is a strange and beautiful little town. And crusing......ahhhhhh love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I just got off the phone with my realtor. She said the husband couldn't make it on Sat, so the wife brought her parents. She must really like the house, huh? Her husband is going to try to see it sometime this week.
OMG - your time is coming girl. can you taste it?

Going to the inspection of my new house this morning and going to take a million pictures. So excited!

Kristine

Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Good day all!
Gnostic, Glad that the closing went well, always happy to hear about closings!
Texas, Hold em girl, these maybe the buyers to get you to cowboy up in Austin, wahooooo!
Dogmom, Do you have a suitcase built big enough for me to hide in? so exciting for you!
Hammey, Hope your perfect home has a perfect inspection this morning, keep us posted.
Lacey, You should hear from your realtor today too, contract in hand I hope!

Well today at 5 p.m. is the deadline for the buyers to decide here, cross fingers for good results. I am not overly confident but...stranger things have happened. No big plans for the day, farrier comes to trim hooves but that is it.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Painter-fingers, eyes, toes crossed.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Have a great time! That sounds dreamy! I spent a few nights in Key West on my honeymoon. It is a strange and beautiful little town. And crusing......ahhhhhh love it.

OMG - your time is coming girl. can you taste it?

Going to the inspection of my new house this morning and going to take a million pictures. So excited!

Kristine
Have fun this morning at the inspection..oooh I hope to be able to do that soon....only in my case most likely the house will be a repo and probably not come out quite as well as yours will, lol. On the other hand, I look forward to picking new carpeting, maybe even wood flooring or laminate, a dark laminate..I have a persian rug I want to use in the new house I have, got it at a yard sale last spring for $75, along with service for 8 or blue willow dishware, somehow I want to use both in my decor..I want to change my colors, I am leaving my bestest sectional here at the cottage so new living room furniture...now I just have to find a house, lol. Hey I am going to put some pictures of that rug and dishes in one of my albums so check it out and let me know if you think using the two together might work.. Oh and nice white cabinets would work, too. Heck I don't want much, do i?

Just got up, working on cup of coffee #2..Yes Keurig..French Vanilla..I am running low but have more on the way..

later, campers..

Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Good day all!
Gnostic, Glad that the closing went well, always happy to hear about closings!
Texas, Hold em girl, these maybe the buyers to get you to cowboy up in Austin, wahooooo!
Dogmom, Do you have a suitcase built big enough for me to hide in? so exciting for you!
Hammey, Hope your perfect home has a perfect inspection this morning, keep us posted.
Lacey, You should hear from your realtor today too, contract in hand I hope!

Well today at 5 p.m. is the deadline for the buyers to decide here, cross fingers for good results. I am not overly confident but...stranger things have happened. No big plans for the day, farrier comes to trim hooves but that is it.
Now Painter, you know that the minute you put the house selling aside, the offer will come in..those offers tend to hit us blindside...It will happen, I know it will.

Listen, if I wasn't so limited in packing, I would toss you in and take you along..I need to get some suitcases out and start getting it together..I always say that and still last minute throwing stuff in. I am not taking that much (hahahaha) one big suitcase, one small one for my cosmetic case, etc..and shoes..Hubby always cracks up at the shoes..Oh come on mister. will try to keep it to a minimum this time. We fly out of Seattle on Thursday at 6:30 a.m. We are a two hour drive from Sea-Tac, in good weather. I almost think we should head over there Wednesday afternoon so we are closer. I always do this, book early flights, and we still don't get to Ft. Lauderdale unti 5:30pm have to change planes at Chicago Midway. Aaaagh.
The flight back goes through Kansas City..can you say ribs? Like I will want to eat afterwards, lol.

Hang in there troops, crazyma is not here to cheer so we all need to work together here..

Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 AM

Dogmom, Midway is a WHOLE lot better than O'hare in Chicago! Oh I so miss the food in Chicago, pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, hot dogs of course. Oh you need to plan a day shopping there to, I love it. As to a cruise, never been on one and truth be told I am scared to death of deep water! I can't even look out the window when flying over it with out hyperventaliating.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Dogmom, Midway is a WHOLE lot better than O'hare in Chicago! Oh I so miss the food in Chicago, pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, hot dogs of course. Oh you need to plan a day shopping there to, I love it. As to a cruise, never been on one and truth be told I am scared to death of deep water! I can't even look out the window when flying over it with out hyperventaliating.
I don't like flying over water, but sailing on it doesn't bother me..in Dec. 2003 we took a cruise from Ensenada to Hawaii, it was like 12 days or something, I think we had 4 days at sea..at one point my friend Karen and I were standing at the railing on the pool deck, we had some rough seas and the captain announced the sea depth was like 30,000 feet or something, and we looked at each other and I said 'well, the first 20 will kill ya'. We started laughing..I dunno, guess we are sickos! we flew back to L.A. from Hawaii and that flight was worse than the ship...in May 2007 with the same friends we are going with this time, and the hawaii trip, and the panama canal trip, we met them on that trip in 2001, anyway we did a 16 night from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. Talk about some sea days...but the 12 hour flight back from Copenhagen to Seattle to L.A. was the worst part..and it was a great airline, SAS..we had little tv screens in front of each seat and you could push a button and see what was in front of the plane and below..at one point we were over the polar ice cap. I took a picture of it, now that was COOL. Very cool. Guess I am an adventurer..
I don't know how much of a layover at Midway, I would go there ten times before I would fly into Ohare again..wow some chicago pizza sounds pretty good..will hunt some down if I have time..chomp..chomp..chomp..and a beer

Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM

Oh now see I would have to be sedated before I could spend hours flying over the water! I have always wanted to go to Europe but I will probably wait for land to connect the 2!!! No I would probably do it but I would be drinking or on drugs, lol, maybe both....I want to see all the states first and Canada. I have made it to 36 states so far, afew to go. Then with all of the fighting going on everywhere, I am kinda chicken about leaving the good ole U.S of A.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 AM

I am with you, sticking pretty close to home..we had originally booked a cruise from Rome-Miami...included airfare, it was a good deal, but there were 3 ports in Morrocco...we started thinking about all the terrorism and it just didn't seem like a great idea, so we cancelled and decided to do this little carribbean jaunt. With air and all this one is probably costing more than that one, but we just felt weird about Africa..now I am glad we changed, though.

I guess no where is truly 'safe', but if we stop travelling and live in fear, in my opinion, then the terrorists win..

On the other hand, I am anxious to have a 'home' again and once that happens, I am settling in for a while..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate