Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 03:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I actually used my GC that I won here to get my GPS from Overstock. Between their sale, the GC and Ebates I'm getting a $400 unit for a bit less than $200. Got the TomTom 720 and will be able to upgrade both the maps and firmware for free right away to essentially make it a model 730. I'm excited! DD decided she wanted the Keurig on QVC's TSV today, so that's the end of our shopping for her as I had a few other things already. Need to find something for DH, but we decided to hold it down for this year because of not selling this house yet.

... I had looked in there at least 3 times, but never removed the hat. Growing old is just NOT for sissies!!!

Everyone have a great Sunday!
Great choice with your gift card! You will love your GPS--I have a garmin...love it!
As for the Keurig...I've been thinking about getting one. I don't like to make a pot of coffee because I never drink the entire pot, so that would be perfect for me. Aren't the little pods expensive though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Rothbear, I have had a Keurig for a couple years...I LOVE it...I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I love the variety...in the spring try the coconut coffee from Green Mountain, it is really a treat..I like Rain Forest Nut the best, I think...I buy most of my k cups through Green Mountain..
Yummy!! I love flavored coffees. Have fun on your cruise. (AND DON'T FEEL GUILTY FOR ONE SECOND!!!)

Raising3boys: I hope you are feeling better soon.

No word on the 2nd showing from yesterday.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 11-30-2008 at 03:42 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 03:20 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Texas tomorrow's your day!!!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Texas tomorrow's your day!!!!!
I just got off the phone with my realtor. She said the husband couldn't make it on Sat, so the wife brought her parents. She must really like the house, huh? Her husband is going to try to see it sometime this week.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:46 PM

Hey everyone...look what I just found...for your watching pleasure (and your kids too!) It's the 2008 TV CHRISTMAS GUIDE!

It's A Wonderful CHRISTmas - Christmas TV Schedule

Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Wow a third look!!!!!! You'll be out of there soon.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow a third look!!!!!! You'll be out of there soon.
From your lips to God's ears!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Default painter

I was lookin at Noaa a few hours ago and from the looks of FL it shows some wicked weather. I hope you are OK.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:27 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Great choice with your gift card! You will love your GPS--I have a garmin...love it!
As for the Keurig...I've been thinking about getting one. I don't like to make a pot of coffee because I never drink the entire pot, so that would be perfect for me. Aren't the little pods expensive though?
My SIL has a Garmin and really recommended it, but I liked the fact that I can put my own map corrections in and then download them to the site with TomTom. They combine everybody's info and then I can upload everything that others have done. They are both excellent units. We'll have to see.........Hopefully it doesn't get too complicated! I'll just be happy to be able to negotiate Charlotte without having to try and read my printed mapquest map while driving 65 in traffic!

As far as the Keurig, it all depends on what you order, but for the most part each pod usually runs between .40 and .50. Considering you have absolutely no waste at all, I don't think this is too bad. I have several places bookmarked for online purchasing at discount, plus you can also get them on Amazon. AlpineValleyCoffee.com is my favorite place and their customer service is superb! I placed an order once and they forgot to enclose my free sampler. I called and told the woman it was for a gift and I really needed it. Not only did she send it out by Priority Mail, but she also sent 2 to make up for forgetting it in the first place. I also use onekup.com , coffeecow.com , coffeeforless.com and cheapercoffee.com . Plus if you get the reusable filter you can put your own coffee or tea in it.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Hey everyone...look what I just found...for your watching pleasure (and your kids too!) It's the 2008 TV CHRISTMAS GUIDE!

It's A Wonderful CHRISTmas - Christmas TV Schedule
Funny you should post that..I was channel surfing last night and 'ran' into White Christmas...I LOVE that movie..Also Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation and A christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out, kid)..

Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
As far as the Keurig, it all depends on what you order, but for the most part each pod usually runs between .40 and .50. Considering you have absolutely no waste at all, I don't think this is too bad. I have several places bookmarked for online purchasing at discount, plus you can also get them on Amazon. AlpineValleyCoffee.com is my favorite place and their customer service is superb! I placed an order once and they forgot to enclose my free sampler. I called and told the woman it was for a gift and I really needed it. Not only did she send it out by Priority Mail, but she also sent 2 to make up for forgetting it in the first place. I also use onekup.com , coffeecow.com , coffeeforless.com and cheapercoffee.com . Plus if you get the reusable filter you can put your own coffee or tea in it.
Yeah, I'm thinking with what I waste in coffee (throwing away a 1/2 pot), I would actually save $$. I might have to look in to that or put it on my Christmas list! My hairdresser has one and she loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate