Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 08:12 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times

Advertisements

Hi All, Anyone up and about, it is getting late in the day you know? Since I didn't sleep well last night and was up and down I had to find something to do. I suffer from insomnia, about once a month, weird. Anyhow, I dug out the box of candles I had pack from last yr, to get out the Christmas ones. I have this 12" piller that looks like peppermints and the dang thing came out looking like a U, lol. Then I have or should say had a 6" white candle with deer scenes on it, that one the poor deers heads melted! Guess the heat in the storage room at the little house got to them, ended up trashing a half dozen of them. Now who else gets up in the middle of the night to hunt down candles?????

Old 12-02-2008, 08:15 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi All, Anyone up and about, it is getting late in the day you know? Since I didn't sleep well last night and was up and down I had to find something to do. I suffer from insomnia, about once a month, weird. Anyhow, I dug out the box of candles I had pack from last yr, to get out the Christmas ones. I have this 12" piller that looks like peppermints and the dang thing came out looking like a U, lol. Then I have or should say had a 6" white candle with deer scenes on it, that one the poor deers heads melted! Guess the heat in the storage room at the little house got to them, ended up trashing a half dozen of them. Now who else gets up in the middle of the night to hunt down candles?????

LOL your funny! Candles!

I got up in the middle of the night last week because I just HAD to arrange all my photos in the drawer that have just been thrown in there over the last 5 years. So I was sitting in my robe in the middle of the night organizing my pictures!

Home selling and buying is making us all crazy!

Kristine

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,362 times

Crazyma- Have a terrific day wherever you are! We hope to see you back here soon. May all of your dreams and wishes come true!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hammey, Glad the inspection went well, that is one more thing to stop worrying about, huh? You said there was afew thing you needed to change, what are you planning?

Shelly, How many times a day do you just want to smack a buyer???? My agent and I get along great and over the past yr we have actually become friends, don't know if this a good thing. He feels as bad as I do about this house and the lack of activity, but there is nothing either of us can do, it is the area.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM

Happy birthday crazyma!! Hope you do something fun today!

Kristine

Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hammey, Glad the inspection went well, that is one more thing to stop worrying about, huh? You said there was afew thing you needed to change, what are you planning?

Change on the house or change due to the inspection?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:37 AM

Ok ladies - I am in a bit of a pickle. This year was the first year that my son really got into decorating for Christmas. We put up the tree on Saturday and he really wanted to decorate it himself. So we will him and he actually did a really good job. The problem - all the bulbs are only as high as he is 42 inches plus an arms reach. So the whole top 1/2 of the tree is bare. But he is so proud of his job that I don't want to move any of them and hurt his feelings. I don't want a buyer to come in and think we are strange for only decorating 1/2 the tree. What would you do?

Kristine

Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/boots3038/Snaggable%20Contest/Entrys/Christmas%20Welcome/bnks2.png (broken link)
We are getting lots of new members and its great! Welcome Shelly. Its great having lots of different perspectives.

Painter- Sorry you didn't hear anything yesterday. It could be the buyers were out of town for the holiday.You would have thought they would have called no matter what, however!

Hammy- Glad the inspection went well. You were smart taking lots of pictures. I forget everything about our new house, I had to ask my dh some things because he went to the inspection. I can't imagine waiting as long as you are before moving in..I WOULD FORGET IT ALL! We were fortunate nothing major was wrong with ours either. When you get a newer house, I suppose that is expected.

Last night, I couldn't sleep either. My brain would not turn off!

We had to go visit my favorite buyer's agent last night to sign the paper to remove the inspection contingency. Supposedly we are on schedule to sign final papers on Friday. We will see.

Ohio has the craziest law in my opinion! We asked about the final walk through. Our agent told us it would be right before we sign on Friday. I told her,but the seller's stuff will be there and he has until the 12th to move out. She said, yes, but FINAL walk through is before you sign. I asked what if he leaves JUNK in the house and damages the house? She said......Oh, the only recourse you have is to sue. Uhm....ok...

Why am I going to a final walk through if NOTHING has changed since we had the inspection last week? I wanted to see the house when NOTHING was in it. I just have a feeling all kinds of junk will be left behind. Our agent keeps assuring us...people just don't do that. She said he has until 6:00 on the 12th to be out. I AM SURE he will wait until the very last moment.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM

Hammy- Personally, I would not change it. It WOULD bug the heck out of me as a parent...but in the big picture, it really does not matter! Just don't turn on the tree when a buyer is coming. Turn on everything else except the tree. If your little guy is proud of it that is all that matters. It took me ALONG time to get over making things PERFECT. By the time, our third guy came along, I changed my outlook. Both of my older boys are perfectionists and I KNOW it is because I tried to instill that in them. Most likely I damaged them by doing that. LOL.

Let it go! JMO.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hammy I agree with Raising-as I am a perfectionist and everything has to be in it's place. LOL-my kids grew up totally the opposite-and they say it's because of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate