Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,530,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Lorrie, Coco is adorable. How did you come up with her name? Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from buyers. Someone has got to have some good news about selling soon. We're overdue.
DD E mailed me so many names and I liked CoCo as in Channel. I was going for Gracie. Like "say good night Gracie" George Burns always said that to his wife on TV. You are way to young to remember.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:14 PM

10 posts, read 14,647 times
[SIZE=2]Good Evening,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]This is my first time posting, I would appreciate some guidance or direction to the best thread for the following information:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I hope to be a first time homebuyer, I am looking for a home that is "Move in Ready" or low enough for it to be worth the trouble of doing an FHA 203K, I am pre-approved for $130K. I have recently made an offer on 2 different bank owned properties, I have waited 4 weeks on the first offer and going on 3 weeks on the 2nd and neither one has accepted, countered or rejected the offer. The 1st realtor refused to return my realtors calls, and with my approval we withdrew the offer. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The 2nd Realtor faxed us after 1 week saying they had multiple offers and they were going to accept the "Highest and Best" and we had to respond by 5:00pm that day. We increase our offer by $5,000.00 and here we are 2 weeks later and still no response. Because we really loved the house and after losing out on the other house, my 1st offer to them was $5,000 above their asking price, and in response to the "Highest and Best" another $5,000.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]What are we doing wrong?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Has anyone else in the Rhode Island area experience similar problems?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Also, I would love to here from someone who was successful in obtaining a home through [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The FHA 203k program.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks in advance any and all help is appreciated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]JW[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter---anything?????????????????

Back from doc and he put Mr L back on Prednisone 2 tablets as he is sure now it's Crohns. Test Weds and followp Mon. but we are very relieved and ready for a strong drink!
Lacy Prednisone hubby hates to take but it always does the trick. Just don't take Mr L remarks personaly when he is on a high dose. It really does change their temperment. Remember that he has to taper off of the drug when he is finished.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well feedback's in. Lookers looked at 30 houses, spent 25 min in ours. They are re-visiting 3 homes and ours is not one of them.

Maybe that's good as Mr. L is not well again-another stomach flareup and we're off to doc. I couldn't deal with the 2 things at once.

Forgot to add 30 homes they looked at unbelieveable. Maybe since they spent so long n your home they do not need a 2nd showing. lets hope for that reason.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Sorry, for the mess.
I'm a newbie and I guess it shows.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 PM

Welcome Jody Rose to the group. It is great having realtors to give some sound advise.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,892,356 times
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/ArtisticExpressionz/KNTags/TinyPenguin/KN_TinyPenguin_Welcome.gif (broken link) jwestate!!!

I am sorry I don't have the info you need but I am sure others here will be able to help you. Hang in there and know there is a perfect home out there for you. TC and GB!!!

Lorrie I LOVE your graphic, to cute!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM

Thank you Judy P.

Should I repeat the posting? I wasn't sure if it was clear with my texting errors

Jwestate

Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,860,531 times
Hi everyone, thought I would drop in and see what all the fuss is about, LOL!! Looks like ya'll are having a great time over here.

jwestate, I could read your post. It is difficult with shorts and repo's. the bank has had an appraisal done and they get fixated on hitting their numbers. AND more buyers out there. Make sure your agent is doing an analysis for you to tell you what the bank already knows.... that will let you know what they think the value is. That may help you.

shelly

Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Thanks Shelly,

What about the 2nd property, I offered $5K over their asking price and then another $5k with the "Highest and Best offer" this may be a stupid question but when sellers list at a price and the price is met are they obligated to sell?

My feeling right now is they didn't really have Multiple buyers, but they just wanted to see how high I would go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate