Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 06:51 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,524,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestate View Post
Sorry, for the mess.
I'm a newbie and I guess it shows.

Glad you came to this group we all give encouragement, Vent and just chat

Don't worry no need to say sorry about the mess been there done that. Just keep on posting.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:01 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,524,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellytc View Post
Hi everyone, thought I would drop in and see what all the fuss is about, LOL!! Looks like ya'll are having a great time over here.

jwestate, I could read your post. It is difficult with shorts and repo's. the bank has had an appraisal done and they get fixated on hitting their numbers. AND more buyers out there. Make sure your agent is doing an analysis for you to tell you what the bank already knows.... that will let you know what they think the value is. That may help you.

shelly
Shellytc and and yes this is a great group. We have people who are selling, buying and some who have sold their homes. It is a great thread.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,848,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestate View Post
Thanks Shelly,

What about the 2nd property, I offered $5K over their asking price and then another $5k with the "Highest and Best offer" this may be a stupid question but when sellers list at a price and the price is met are they obligated to sell?

My feeling right now is they didn't really have Multiple buyers, but they just wanted to see how high I would go.
I'm sorry you feel that way. No, even when the agent puts a "listed" price, the bank doesn't have to agree with it. They will have their own independent appraisal or BPO (brokers price opinion) to get to a FMV. They are receiving multiples. I am working a short sale that had 2 offers right away, and a third came in a week later, I just got 2 more phone calls to see the property tomorrow..... even though offer number three is ok'd from the bank and going to the mortgage investor. I have to keep offers alive becuase anything can happen with the bank or with a buyer.

do your best, know the values and if the agent calls and says the banks says xxxxx, it is really what the bank is saying. They want to make a sale for their seller, not jack you out of money or worse, scare you off!!!!

Shelly

Old 12-01-2008, 07:21 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,848,828 times
thanks for the warm welcome LorrieM !!!!

shelly

Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM

10 posts, read 14,641 times
What your saying helps to explain some of what is going on and I can appreciate the seller's relator is working for his client, but how long do you generally wait before and offer is accepted? I don't mind losing to a higher bidder, but as I buyer I need have an idea of when to move on.

I'm trying to make this home purchase taking advantage of different programs that are out there, downpayment assistance, employee assisantance and everybody has their own paper work and time line, and I can't move forward without a signed purchase and sales agreement. Wouldn't we all be able to move if an offer accepted, counter offered or rejected.

How long does it usually take for the "Bank" in bank own property to respond?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM

10 posts, read 14,641 times
By the way, I'm so glad I found this site.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,773 times
WOW, Love it we have new recruits at camp!
Lacey glad to hear you two are back at home and Mr. Ls back on meds, I sure hope he gets this under control fast.

Sorry it is so late with me posting but I have had to get over my tizzy fit. Here is the story we got-The buyers agent called mine and said that she has left 3 voice mails and has sent 2 e-mails to her buyers and they have not answered. Her words are I don't know if they are out of town for the holiday or if they are "jacking us around". So that is all we know, the agents and I all agree now that these people are just out wasting everyones time, I doubt if they are even buyers. I said if they get bored next Sunday they should just go to the damn movies! Yes I am mad, I have sat here for the past 4 days waiting and they dont have the common courtesy of a goat! Pheww I am stressed. And of course no calls over the weekend either.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well feedback's in. Lookers looked at 30 houses, spent 25 min in ours. They are re-visiting 3 homes and ours is not one of them.

Maybe that's good as Mr. L is not well again-another stomach flareup and we're off to doc. I couldn't deal with the 2 things at once.
Rats!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,381,479 times
Lorrie...love your Welcome to the group graphic with the little flower pots!!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
would you believe I have never in my life had a s'more! They do look good though.
What?!? Break out the marshmallows and chocolate woman!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate