Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Stoy-have agreat time.

HdzUp-welcome back. 14 months here and haver had it now FSBO July 1st. Save commission for realtor who does nada!

NJS-how'd it go today-just rest.

Texas-agreed on your pick-up.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi, I'm a lurker of this (these) thread(s), and I now have to come here.... I didn't want to, I tried to stay away, I hoped it wouldn't happen, but here I am.

Story: I'll leave out ugly personal details -- suffice to stay I got -- now own -- a house I did not originally choose nor buy -- lots of resentment, but that's the personal stuff, but just so you know I wouldn't have bought a house where it is, although I have tried to keep it nice, although I could never afford remodeling it.

Now, I'm not quite ready to kill myself over this, as it's only been listed for about 3 weeks....oh, I know, many of you will think I'm a baby in this, but I NEED OUT!! NOW!! I am going crazy here all alone, isolated up in the woods. This house, work needed or not, needs a FAMILY -- some kids, lots of pets, a gardener, a handy guy, lots of love!

Okay, so I also feel I can't blame my realtor. I took a long time choosing her -- went through the MLS for months looking at every listing in my county -- decided hers were the most comprehensive, always had lots of photos and virtual tours, good (correctly spelled! important to me) descriptions, lots of good stuff. I asked if she would represent me, and she agreed. She came loaded with all kinds of charts and graphs of the housing market where I am.

She even threw in two, yes TWO, house cleanings, AND a stager! Her percentage is lower than the others. She had the professional photographer at the house for six hours! 18 photos and 3-part virtual tour. There are two huge for sale signs, plus a flyer box outside, and arrows pointing down to where there is more property. She even told me about St. Joseph! (He has his poor little head upside down in the ground facing my house.....)

Three little nibbles -- and I mean nibbles. Seems people want remodeled homes. Well, where I live is NOT the suburbs -- it's in the woods -- in the mountains above Santa Cruz. It's only 20 minutes from the beach! The property is over 1/3 acre! There's an extra building I made into a guest house/recreation room. There are tropical flowers all over. Granted, it's not in town, but there's a HUGE amount of useable land, I have patios all over, an outdoor fireplace, and a big porch. It is a small house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a "bonus" room -- large living room though. You'd think there'd be a family of tree-huggers or nature lovers who would want to be near the beach for half the price of living in town, AND lots of privacy and land!

Anyway, I really want out. My daughter left for college and never looked back. Now, I'm all alone up on this huge piece of property and I don't like it. I'm scared after reading all these posts -- what if I never sell it? Will anyone buy again, and will I ever get anything out of this place (I still owe the entire mortgage -- I'm not one who was there forever and paid off the mortgage or had family money or anything).

hdzup3 -- 14 months???!!!! It's freaking me out.

I didn't have time to go through this entire segment of Crazy Camp #4, but I did go through the others quite a bit. But I wasn't trying to sell then. Then this thread came to me and I realized..."Oh, oh, I'm now one of them!"

So, I just want to say, "Hi," and hope there are some encouraging stories that come out of here after this point. Thanks, everyone!

Wisteria

Hi Wisteria and welcome. You will find here sellers, Sellers who sold their home while on this board and then went through the trial of buying again. Not easy on that side either. And then just people that had sold. We listen and let you vent and never give advice unless asked. We are all friends and I hope you join us. We also tend to drift and talk about another things just like any friend would.
Lorrie

Old 06-08-2009, 07:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Hey HDZUP, of course I remember you, thought you had maybe sold..come on in, set a spell..try to catch up..this is such a wonderful group of friends, welcome.

Wisteria, welcome..we are very empathetic, fine folks here..no rudeness like some of the other forums..we totally 'get' it. We were for sale for 10 months before we dropped and sold..and we just finished closing escrow on the house we have not, no small feat in this market..wish I could have the last couple years back, but need to move forward. Come in and vent anytime..

Old 06-08-2009, 07:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
hey lorrie,
im on the east coast... CT... one of the most expesive states.
i kinda dissapeared a bit. hung out in the sarasota forum to keep focused.
thanx for the welcome! hope all is well with you!
yep my cousin lives in Trumbel CT. I was guessing NY or CT. Two of my girlfriends on LI their property tax bills are over $12,000 a year. Ouch.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
UPDATE: I talked to my sil and she hired a personal injury lawyer. The lawyer was at the hospital today interviewing my brother who is still loopy from the morphine. He also took pics of my brother's injuries. He told my sil they have a case. I'm very relieved that she contacted a lawyer without me bugging her. She told me the cop who filed the police report was very rude to her saying he finds my brother at fault because he stepped out in traffic!

Tex, I thought there were witnesses? Any admissions plus the fact it appears it can be proved the guy is legally blind? Anyway, attorney needs to run up any witnesses who can support the fact the guy was on his cell phone and an expert witness regarding what you're saying about being 'legally blind' no allegations, hard proof - and just because the cop was rude to SIL, well it is your SIL, ya know???? With cops one has to tread softly and get on their good side, ya know?

Last edited by JustJoy; 06-08-2009 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: PS check out this PI attorney - there's a lot of wannabe PI attorneys; your bro needs one experienced and good

Old 06-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
There were witnesses! There is also a video. I told SIL to tell the lawyers to subpeona his vision records--his glasses are thicker than coke bottles and to subpeona his cell phone records!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
There were witnesses! There is also a video. I told SIL to tell the lawyers to subpeona his vision records--his glasses are thicker than coke bottles and to subpeona his cell phone records!
Yeah, it's called a subpoena duces tecum ( a subpoena to produce) and they can get depositions (sworn statements from witnesses) That's why and I know maybe not my biz, but think you should be more involved than the 'challenging' SIL. Witnesses, video etc. yet the cop tells her he thinks your bro at fault? I just personally feel that SIL might not be, shall we say, the right personality type to handle a situation like this, ya know?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:53 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Well campers, going back over to my place which means no internet..tired and hoping to sleep better will check in in the A.M. hugs

Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Howdy campers! Well my neighbor's SIL finished changing out the outdoor lightbulbs so now the mother ship can find me a whole lot easier!!! And I got those stupid chairs nad cusions done, only need some rubber feetsies for 'em. Long day.

WELCOME (back) hdzup!! Sorry to hear you haven't sold yet...but as we say here at camp- Chins up! and remember to BREATHE. Please feel free to come here for fun, to rant or rave, or anything your little ole heart desires

SoWelcome too, Wisteria, oh you have decided to be CRAZY and join in with THEM huh?? ROTFL....ha ha ...just so ya know about THEM- some have sold, some have bought....even have some agents, and just plain crazy people like MOI.... again feel free to rant , rave, moan , groan, joke, hug, and want ever floatsa your boata...
i hereby appoint you as a member of THEM LOL

Just a side note-To Hdzup and Wisteria...and any other peeps that have been to camp at some point-
I want to warn you that Camp often rolls fast...often it is hard to keep up, and difficult for all to sometimes to respond to each and every post written by whomever. SO what ya have to do is just jump on in, whenever and however the spirit moves ya. We have some peeps that post rarely, others occaisionally as they can, while others have camp addiction and are currently considering treatment for this strange malady.......

Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Welcome, Wisteria. And welcome back, Hdzup.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate