Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times

Advertisements

Gold, we're going out to Co to buy, but in the mean time, moving in with my in-laws :shock ed:, who only live 20 min away.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:48 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
a fitting 'song' about those pesky agents - a la Gloria Gaynor
I Will Survive!!

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
and keep my house for sale
But I spent so many nights
thinking agents did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with lowballs
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to clean
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my house to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up high
and you see me
somebody new
I'm not that chained up little seller
still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in
and just expect me to be free
now I'm saving all my listing
for someone who's showing me

Old 10-10-2009, 02:18 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Gold, we're going out to Co to buy, but in the mean time, moving in with my in-laws :shock ed:, who only live 20 min away.
Sure hope you get along with them! I always got lucky with in-laws, was their 'sons' had problems with LOL and my own ed up family. At least once you get your house in CO then . . . Fingers crossed you have nice in-laws!

Quote:
dont mind you asking. Neither of us want kids, I feel like I half raised my siblings, since my parents were, well, 'half around'. We plan on buying a house next month, moving permanently in Jan or Feb. Although I was the black sheep of the family, I have been the one taking care of my parents for several years. (out of 6 of us, no resentment, none at all ) I'm sure it will be hard on my parents.
I can relate on the kid front and I wish more people would just be honest about the fact they don't want/need children to be happy instead of having kids and not taking care of them. The whole society/religion thing that we're supposed to have them - think with over 6 billion people on the planet we're good for a while, ya know lol I stopped at 1, when all my friends were having litters, 'cause even with DS being the best kid in the world I just don't have the patience - and knew it. He was enough for me. Everyone kept asking so when are you going to have another one and it was like, well, when he$$ freezes over LOL And here's to being the black sheep in the family, but least you are a 'good black sheep' taking care of parents - really sad about the rest of your siblings not stepping up to the plate but maybe when you move . . . I know probably being Pollyanna, but maybe when you're not there at least 1 of them will fill your shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gold I wasn't planning on wearing my Uggs til Nov-oh well. I want to check out "Ewe's" too at a sale this week plus I have 25% off coupons.

Last year's first snow was 11/11 so this is a month earlier with a significant one coming Monday,Weds and Thurs.
Dear God girl - I hear 'significant' combined with MN and dang; that's gonna be a lot of snow Stay warm girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Because you're a morning person

Unlike someone like ME! LOL I don't even want to talk to anyone until I've had my coffee-just love it when someone calls and I haven't had any. Usually end up apologizing because I'm not the happiest camper talking to people without my caffeine lol

Love that Metro Jax link
Hope your days going good Miss Goldy and I must check that link. And now I get the whole boot thing; thought it was same pair, and you're right; for someone like me who hates to shop . . . good thing is with us being amigas you get 'extra' shopping time to make up for the fact I don't - total win/win girl

So other campers out and about, hopefully you're having a good day, finding FSBO sites, shopping for weddings and just having a laid back Saturday. I'll check back in on you girls later! Don't get into any trouble while I'm gone . Waiting for it to stop raining Ugh so I can walk down to the little mini-super. Every time I think, okay, it's stopped so I'll walk down, it starts up again. Not really in the mood to get soaked! Later campers!

Old 10-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I Will Survive!!

First I was afraid
I was petrified
I grew strong
and so you're back
from outer space

just turn around now
you think I'd crumble
Oh no, not I
I will survive
I know I will stay alive
and I'll survive
I will survive

not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
I used to cry
and you see me
somebody new
still in love with you
LMFAO! I actually sing that to myself with some of the clients I have to deal with. Absolutely priceless, Sara

Old 10-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
On drag queens, seen some myself in my youth and I swear some of them were the best looking 'women' i'd ever seen. Amazing the number of hetro's that go to drag shows and gay bars, 'cause that was usually where the best dance music was.
The gay bars always had the BEST DANCE music around!! As for looks, look at RuPaul---she/he is beautiful when dressed up in drag!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I Will Survive!!

First I was afraid
I was petrified
I grew strong
and so you're back
from outer space

just turn around now
you think I'd crumble
Oh no, not I
I will survive
I know I will stay alive
and I'll survive
I will survive

not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
I used to cry
and you see me
somebody new
still in love with you
AWESOME Sara!!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
The gay bars always had the BEST DANCE music around!! As for looks, look at RuPaul---she/he is beautiful when dressed up in drag!!

AWESOME Sara!!!!
So speaking of drag queens LOL not real drag queen, but lesson I learned a long time ago about not 'assuming' one's sex. I was about 16 and working after school at the Wendy's in the city (OKC) and had someone walk up to the counter asking me where the restroom was. So, I said 'well, sir it's right over there' That would be about the time SHE said 'I am NOT a man, I'm a woman' I was so embarrassed and just said something like "Oh mam, i'm so sorry. This is why i'm supposed to wear my glasses but i hate them - the ladies room is over there" Course this was mid '70's so possibly I wasn't all there but OMG I was horrified - then, of course, LMAO when I thought about it later and thought maybe I should have thrown her some Mary Kay pamplets!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Thinking of Joy, Barb, Sara, Tex, and all the partyers out there as i drink a beer and dance to "Hot Hot Hot"!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Ok campers, I only have a minute cuz i have to get dressed so we can get out of here about 4..have about a 1 1/2 hr drive to get to this wedding..we will be back tonight and I will have my dad come over and watch tv with the doglets for a while..

so, I will try to take some fun pictures tonight, will probably see a lot of folks we have not seen in ages...

PS oh I bought an iron as a gift..boring but hey it was on her registry!

Later~

Old 10-10-2009, 05:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Joy I worked on 43rd and 8th in NYC for many years and drag queens were everywhere.

Barb have fun.

Snowing like crazy-told him I cannot take this this year.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:49 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Thinking of Joy, Barb, Sara, Tex, and all the partyers out there as i drink a beer and dance to "Hot Hot Hot"!!!
LOL!! Yes, please think of me while I slave away here in the ICU! OK...I have to get back to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
PS oh I bought an iron as a gift..boring but hey it was on her registry!

Later~
Have fun Barb! Hey, one can always use an iron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Snowing like crazy-told him I cannot take this this year.
I am going to be feeling the exact same way once the snow starts falling in PA. We will try to keep each other up in spirits.

HAMMY--you just popped into my thoughts! I hope you and baby Natalie are doing well! How is Connor adjusting to the new baby?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate